2005 BMW 545i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 BMW 545i
- I have a 2005 545 and a couple alarms went off and I didn't think it
- Has anyone had an issue with the seatbelt tensioners and airbag light fault?
- At 35-40 mph, the transmission skips or hesitates. Transmission Malfunction msg.
- Does the fuel pump relay make my 2005 BMW 545i not to start in the morning
- Why is my car doesiny start when is cold but when is warm is start why is that
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 BMW 545i Problems
If the brakes are squealing, there's a good chance it is the brake pad wear sensor. A new design was implemented in January 2006 and can be identified by its green color.
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the door seals. New door seals, Teflon tape, special lube, or a combination of all of these may be needed to eliminate the noise.
2005 BMW 545i Questions
was a big deal until I recently had a complete electrical failure. AAA said the charging systems operating and the battery needs charge but its in good condition as well. What would sent a bunch of alarms off and totally kill the electrical system. It also will start back up later. Help please
I have now spent thousands on trying to fix this problem. The latest is I have just had the clock spring in the steering wheel replaced and it is still showing a fault....also the horn is not working and the GPS seems stuck on one spot....
Any ideas at this stage would be mighty helpful, (other ...
As I am driving it feels like the engine is in responsive or hesitant. I thought it may be a valve issue so I used a complete fuel system cleaner. No luck. Car tranny skips at 35 to 40 mph. Help!
2005 BMW 545i Recalls
Certain passenger vehicles may have been built with incorrectly manufactured transmission guide plate part. This may cause the parking lock system to not activate when the transmission is placed in park. If the vehicle is parked on an incline and the parking brake is not engaged the vehicle may roll away causing an accident. The dealer will repair and replace the automatic transmission guide plate free of charge. The campaign # is 05V504000