1992 BMW 535i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 BMW 535i
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1992 BMW 535i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
1992 BMW 535i Questions
Fuel filter replace several months ago. Engine overhaul 2 years ago. I've owned the vehicle for 10 years and have maintained it very well.
My transmission "clunks" when I let off the gas. I have replaced the driveshaft and the bearing that holds it. It sound like it would be a universal joint problem but it is not. Is there a fix for this?
How do locate the valves for recharging the AC?
1992 BMW 535i Recalls
1992 BMW 535i Reviews
what a ride!! Phew!
I love my car! It is very dependable and powerful and the maintenance repairs have been minimal. It's one of the best models they made. Would always buy a BMW!