2003 BMW 530i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 BMW 530i
- Need 2 smog (trans is setting off CEL/Emissions are good) is there a way 2 pass?
- my abs light came on, took it light was cut off, later came back on.
- I can hear compressor running but no air coming from vents
- what kind of battery does my car take, any brand included?
- How do I know when I need power steering fluid?
2003 BMW 530i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
It is not uncommon for the radiator to develop a coolant leak. A leaking radiator will require replacement. When a leaking radiator is replaced the entire cooling system should be inspected and if any additional leaks are found they should be repaired also.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2003 BMW 530i Questions
Car worth about 7k, trans/tc work about 4k. Emissions are fine, but DTC thrown over torque converter lockup. Is there a way to pass the car, without having to do all the trans work?
what are possible problems
no response from fan settings