2001 BMW 530i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW 530i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 BMW 530i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
It is not uncommon for the radiator to develop a coolant leak. A leaking radiator will require replacement. When a leaking radiator is replaced the entire cooling system should be inspected and if any additional leaks are found they should be repaired also.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2001 BMW 530i Questions
I took my car into a shop (don't know them, first time customer) just to have the summer tires put on. The mechanic called to tell me my "front, lower ball joints were worn" and asked if I'd like a quote for repair. I have noticed NOTHING to indicate that they're worn. ...
ONLY HAPPENS AT HIGHWAY SPEED NO NOISE AT LOW SPEED
today,at home,after washing car I proceeded to vacuum the car turn the radio on, then when finish whent to start the car but it will not start,then jump started it, turn it off, later around 30mins would'nt start and when I proceed jump start,then turn it off ad try to start it but will not ...
2001 BMW 530i Recalls
2001 BMW 530i Reviews
Have an '01 530 with 110k. Everything has been great on car but just had to replace starter and radiator. Other than that, car has always ran perfectly. Next car will have to be the M5
Good Car, but had a problem with Crankcase Ventilation System freezing up, which was expensive