1997 BMW 528i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 BMW 528i
- I just bought this car. And I know it's running rich. Do I replace O2 sensors?
- Why does my heater blow hot then cold . Why does my heater blow cold then hot,
- won't start, power goes through switch but not to starter or fuel pump or coils.
- my 1997 528i bmw started skipping yesterday and shut off when making a turn a
- how do I start my car, it turns over but wont say anything. is it the security
1997 BMW 528i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1997 BMW 528i Questions
or is there a way to clean the sensors? And is there a way to try to clean out the catalytic converters?
system that's keeping it from starting
how do I disconnect the security alarm or reset it so the car starts
1997 BMW 528i Recalls
1997 BMW 528i Reviews
real nice cars but they need to put a dipstick to check the trans fluid some people dont know how to check it . also some people cant afford to take it to a shop everytime it needs fluid.
Hi, I just purchased a 1997 BMW 5 series recently. The odometer light goes completed off and comes on. What could be possible issue. Appreciate any advie or help. Thanks you.
The front left door needs to be replaced both exterior and interior handles broke. Not sure where else to find a replacement door for a good price in bay area of california