2007 BMW 525xi Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 BMW 525xi
- Perfectly maintained-62,000 miles-trunk fails to open under any method-BMW replaces latch-works for 2 days-then,same issue. At dealer now -they think it is an malfunction IBM module???
- Engine seal leak
- Observed several drops of oil on garage floor-should I worry-oil changed last month-level good
- Hot air blowing from a/c-had been working-had recharged
- With the A/C on idles near 1000 and downshifts to first roughly when stopping.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2007 BMW 525xi Problems
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the door seals. New door seals, Teflon tape, special lube, or a combination of all of these may be needed to eliminate the noise.
2007 BMW 525xi Questions
my BMW revs up and shakes when it's idling or is sitting at a stop light or stop sign while AC is blowing. Does anyone know what could be the problem
how do i change the time on the clock
2007 BMW 525xi Recalls
The front passenger seat contains a mat that determines the presence and size of a seat occupant. This input to the airbag controller helps to determine if and how forcefully the passenger airbag should deploy in the event of a crash. The detection mat can develop cracks and fail. If this were to occur, the airbag would not deploy as expected, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will repair the occupant detection mat to eliminate the possibility it may crack. Additionally certain vehicles will receive and extended warranty on the front passenger seat occupant detection mat.
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.