2003 BMW 525i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 BMW 525i
- What is the typical or average cost of an Inspection 2 service?
- Why does my battery keep dying and won't keep charge?
- both passenger doors will not unlock or open from in or out.
- engine check light on with shaking and reduced performance
- Driving to a stop red light and when I step on the gas the car won't go it slow
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2003 BMW 525i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
2003 BMW 525i Questions
Every morning i need to get a jump just to start the engine. ......, when I turn the key to start it, a clicking noise sounds from under the hood. And sometimes "trans. Failsafe" light appears.
after valve gasket cover change the engine check went on. at the garage the diagnosis tool didnt detect any fault. but experience a bit of shakin that reduces as i speed up and reduced performance HELP
2003 BMW 525i Reviews
I bought used 2003 525i and it has been a nightmare. Twisted seat, LED display, pulley coming off, cracked radiator, belt replacement, fuel filter, brakes, heated seates, cup holder, headlight, brake light, shocks, loss of hp, service light, leaking oil, leaking power steering fluid and other problems have all be taken place in the short 6 month time I have owned it. No wonder there are so man...
Great car but repairs are expensive. The question is there is no replacement available for it. Find a good independent repair shop as BMW of North America and ALL dealers are a complete joke!! If you find a good repair shop this is a once in a life time car. Around 94595 I would highly recommend European Werkstaat. I would buy it again.
I bought my 525i used from a co-worker with 71,000 miles 4 years ago- I now have 146,000 miles and other than normal maintenance, it is a terrific car and I am happy to have it!