2001 BMW 525i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW 525i
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2001 BMW 525i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
2001 BMW 525i Questions
2001 bmw 525i
I hear this is a common problem with 2001 525i
Sensor where is it and how do I replace it
2001 BMW 525i Recalls
2001 BMW 525i Reviews
I own a 2001 BMW 525i my battery is not holding a charge it is fairly new I believe my alarm has something to do with my battery draining do to it being so sensitive. my alarm goes off at night and I don't hear it when it goes off, in which it continues to sound. by morning my battery is low and my car wont start without a jump. my question is if I have my battery fully recharged at a shop woul...
Overall a highly exceptional Ultimate Driving Machine. I have 70K miles (95% of this is long distance intense Highway driving) since brand new in 2001 and i do not drive it like 'there is no tomorrow'. Most people with any major complaint on this fine machine likely abused it by thinking it better built than Titanic. If I have choice between a 3010 BMW 528i and 2001 525i version I'll sure will...
the best car ever made....