1991 BMW 525i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 BMW 525i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 BMW 525i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
1991 BMW 525i Questions
Greg's Auto...Question about total check of coolant system outlined yesterday in my request for help...I replied today to your suggestion about hydracarbons in system...I ment to
ask you about the lack of heat up to the system's Rad return
hose. System totally in play...ran engine to...
Heat up issue cont...New w-pump, therostat, flushed engine, system bleeding done. At operating temp. car rad has pressure. Re-flushed engine...while doing so discontect return rad hose...ran water through sytem...pumps out re-turn hose...hot. When I hook all hose up, bleed system and
Two days ago...dash lights and one tail light(left) were fine...Dash message told me tail light out...The right on was. Removed the light shocket on the right side...replaced 10w sliver base bulb
rated for BMW replacement for tail light. As I was replacing the bulb socket back into body port
1991 BMW 525i Recalls
1991 BMW 525i Reviews
I have a 91 went I do oil change after a 1 month my car need one core of oil again any suggestion I need to fix this problem.
the transmission program is a real problem. The manual tells that the electric shift controller has failed. please reply if solution is found.
great car but expensive to keep even though its old.this seems to have been a very bad year for heating and ac. I almost had to leave at the repair shop but he loved the car and replaced the head gasket and other things after much searching