1990 BMW 525i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 BMW 525i
- How can I reset program gear in my car what shall I do ?
- Can i replace my 1989 heated and electric front seats with seats from 1995 525i
- My 1989 BMW 525i won't start was ok until my husband drove it,and it overheated.
- low oil pressure light came on and engine stalled going 40 mph
- when I turn the ac on check engine lite coms on
1990 BMW 525i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
1990 BMW 525i Questions
The front seats of my 1989 BMW 525i are damaged. Can I use seats from a 1995 BMW 525i as replacements?
I just bought a 1989 bmw 525i. It was running fine until it died at a stop light.it had overheated so badly, the insulation is gone off the inside of the hood. now it won't start. what could be wrong? Thank you very much