2003 BMW 330i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 BMW 330i
- my car lowers when shift into gear what can it be?
- BMW turns over but will not start. Can the security system cause this?
- My 2003 BMW 330i has been sitting in my driveway for 6 months with no battery
- Recording 5.9 miles per gallons 3 days after changing Mass Airflow Sensor.
- PULSATING NOISE ON RIGHT SIDE OF ENGINE
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2003 BMW 330i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
Failure of the front control arm bracket bushings—often referred to as thrust rod bushings—is moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
2003 BMW 330i Questions
2003 330i about 135K mostly highway. Pulsating noise on right side of engine at idle. Unable to determine if inside engine. Service Engine light on. No noticeable loss of power detected. Recent burnt oil smell but no indication of leak anywhere. Considerable increase in fuel consumption of la...
hello, i am wondering should i buy this car
2003 BMW 330i Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator modules found.
2003 BMW 330i Reviews
had this car for 8 years and have numerous problems. 1- fabric in the overhead hheadliner has fallen down, 2- engine is always leaking oil from one place or another, 3 keeping this car s front end e allined is a real problem, 4-the cadilliac convrter needs replacing and numerous other problems. I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND BUYING A BMW.
i installed an air filter, clamped to the mass air sensor, its fine, then it rains and the car is running poorly, now and then. did moisture get in there? is the filter box being gone a problem