2008 BMW 328i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 BMW 328i
- Car vibrates and or almost jerks when coming to stop and accelerating back up.
- The dash rings when the a/c is on what could this be?
- My car is running too cold. Do you think its can be a Coolant Temp sensor?
- My BMW at a stop jerks forward. after driving about 30 min.
- Need some info on how and where to find and fix some codes that keep showing up.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2008 BMW 328i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
One vehicles equipped with power folding mirrors, the mirror may fold out past the standard position. Our technicians tell us that if this occurs a special procedure must be followed to relearn the correct mirror home position.
A droning type noise may be noted when the air conditioning system is operating. Additionally, a vibration may be felt in the steering wheel. If these issues are no longer present when the AC system is turned off, the problem may be low refrigerant charge in the system. Our technicians remind us that if the refrigerant charge is found to be low, proper leak diagnoses should be performed in addition to recharging the AC system.
2008 BMW 328i Questions
It seems like it wants to die out or lose all power etc. Never had this happen. Checked out all belts etc and nothing out of the ordinary. Taking it to my BMW shop for evaluation.
service engine light is on. This happened a few months back and it fixrd itself. Same thing. The handheld diagnostics says the car is running too cold. Inturned off the AC and it went away. I just figured I had the AC overworked. Now its happening again. Could it be just a coolant temp sensor? An...
2008 BMW 328i Recalls
The vehicle battery is connected to the fuse box via a heavy duty cable. It has been determined that the cable connection at the fuse box can degrade over time, resulting in increased electrical resistance. This increased resistance can cause the connection point to overheat and break, resulting in a loss of electrical power and causing the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the positive battery cable connector and secure it with an improved method to correct this concern.
An incorrect crimp connector may have been installed on the side air bag and belt tensioner wiring. There may be insufficient contact in the wiring, creating high resistance. This condition may cause the side air bag and/or safety belt tensioner not to deploy if needed in a crash, which increases the risk of injury. Dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. The recall began September 16, 2009.
2008 BMW 328i Reviews
Bought floor model (2008) in Sept. 2009 (300 mi) Within a week noticed rear differential fluid leak at right rear tire. Then the fan in the ventiliation system broke, then the navigation started etching out. Since then I've bought a new disc, had the navigation computer hauled over, had a new nav screen installed, then started with a valve gasket cover leak. Had to get 4 new tires at 50K miles,...
Purchased in 2009. September 2012 Profile gaskets replaced and ignition coil replaced $1678.48. February 2013 Junction Box and power cable replaced, in addition to that, the belt tensioner had to be replaced $2474.00. Had a Nissan Altima for 10 years and didn't spend this kind of cash to keep it maint. Not worth it.