1998 BMW 328i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW 328i
- So what do you do when buying new battery after your car has failed smog with
- Catalyst converter fix to pass emissions test in Florida? My BMW dealer told me my catalyst converter & sensors were bad. Cost estimate is $2K+ for replacement. Is there a cheap fix to pass inspection in Florida?
- Timing cover gasket leak caused by oil pan gasket replacement?
- my rear tires seems to wear out too fast and poor drivabillity on wet roads ,
- coolant coming out of back of engine
1998 BMW 328i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1998 BMW 328i Questions
Car failed smog inspection due to battery being daed for sometime but installed new battery
Had the oil pan gasket replaced on my 1998 328i. Two days later I noticed oil was leaking again and was told by mechanic that the timing chain cover gasket was now leaking and needs to be replaced. Before I fork over another grand id like to know 1. if this issue should have been detected or 2. c...
the rear end apears to oversteer when entering curves and is unstable on straithaway when roads are wet