1998 BMW 328i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW 328i
- my rear tires seems to wear out too fast and poor drivabillity on wet roads ,
- coolant coming out of back of engine
- 1998 bmw 328i coolant is leaking from engine near transmission. what's up?
- car will start up fine warms up and then when you go less than a mile it overhea
- What is the best way t remove interior panel under steering wheel to access fuse
1998 BMW 328i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
The low coolant light may illuminate and/or the engine may overheat as a result of a coolant leak from the water pump. The leaking pump will require replacement and the entire cooling system should be inspected for leaks as it is not uncommon to find multiple leaks on higher mileage vehicles.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
1998 BMW 328i Questions
the rear end apears to oversteer when entering curves and is unstable on straithaway when roads are wet
what needs to be checked?
The info screen under my raido on my 1998 328i for the past year or more has been saying "Brea light circuit see owners Manuel" but there has never been a problem with my break lights. recently they stopped working and i put in new bulbs and they still dont work, i checked the fuse for ...