1997 BMW 328i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 BMW 328i
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1997 BMW 328i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1997 BMW 328i Questions
what could it be? I turn my air all the way up but no air is coming through the vents, if I am driving on the highway I get cool air coming through, not blowing through but I can feel that the air is cold as if the a/c were working just without the high pressure, so what different things could b...
I was checking the fuses. Ever since, it doesn't crank at all. First time this had happened. It was driving perfectly til this.
And replaced thermostat . Bled system to get air out. Now the heater only gets warm while driving, will not heat while idling. Blower works fine. Blows real good hot air while driving, then I stop and put in park and idle, no more heat. What could keep it from blowing hot air while idling?
1997 BMW 328i Reviews
I got a tune up on my 1997 bmw 328i recently, and now the check/maintence light comes on? What could be the cause?
my pastors wife has a real bad oil leak
Overall a great vehicle but like most others once it has even the slightest bit of damage, either body or engine, it is never the same even after extensive repairs. It also develops a very annoying issue with the heating and coolin system