2003 BMW 325xi Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 BMW 325xi
- Leaking oil pan seal, dose front wheel drive need to be removed??? Thank You...
- sunroof,air cond.,some dash lts. quit working all at once. Common fuse?
- air conditioner, dash turn lights, sun roof and windows all quit at once. Fuse?
- car wont start/all dash lights light just clicking sound when turning ignition
- Clicking/popping sound when turning to the right at slower speeds.(<20mph)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2003 BMW 325xi Problems
After 60,000 miles, the front outer half-shaft boots tend to tear and leak grease. In most cases, only the boot will have to be replaced; however, if it is not repaired soon enough, the half-shaft may need to be replaced. The front outer boots are put under heavy stress because of their involvement with the suspension when making turns.
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the door seals. New door seals, Teflon tape, special lube, or a combination of all of these may be needed to eliminate the noise.
2003 BMW 325xi Questions
tried to get boost just clicking with all lights on.
It's intermittent and tough to replicate, but it's audible with the windows down and it sounds as if it's coming from the passenger side as well. I can feel the noise slightly through the steering wheel as well. Also, when braking the steering wheel shutters at highway speeds when ge...
i have driven car city 5 miles city about 40 t0 60 kmh hyghway 10 miles at 100 kmh did about 3 cycles with cold starts here temp outside is -10 6 to 8 hours apart
2003 BMW 325xi Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator modules found.
2003 BMW 325xi Reviews
I just purchased this car yesterday in jet black. On the way home it drove fantastic. Best car I've driven in a while! There are some posts with people that don't agree that this is a good car but i'm very pleased with it. I had it inspected and everything and the dealer paid for the right front control arm and never changed the cars price for me and I did not even know him! So all in all this ...
I will never purchase a BMW again in my life. I have had nothing but trouble with this car. I bought the car about one year ago. After regular oil changes and tune ups. I was randomly driving down the road and the car caught fire and blew my engine. Of course the insurance is dragging there feet. I am very dis-pleased with the BMW 325xi.
A great little car.