2005 BMW 325i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 BMW 325i
- when i put on maual gear, it doesn't shift gear as sequence,.
- service engine light is on how can i reset it without taking it to the dealer.
- i have a 2005 bmw 325i which suddenly started experiencing accelerationmproblems
- When starting up my car has dark smoke, not black but it's gray and smells like
- Why wont my car start? key just keep turning in the ignition like its broke.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 BMW 325i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
Failure of the front control arm bracket bushings—often referred to as thrust rod bushings—is moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.
An engine coolant leak may develop from the expansion tank resulting in engine overheating. When a cooling system component fails the entire cooling system should be inspected. It is not uncommon to find additional component have failed or are leaking.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2005 BMW 325i Questions
How can i reset the Service engine soon light without going to the dealer.
aving trouble with acceleration sometimes absolute loss of power with pedal to floor sometimes power will increase slowly with normal rpm climb sometimes the rpms will surge very high with little or no acceleration. Has stalled couple of times but will restart. Seems to run more sluggishly at low...
Just bought a BmW from a dealership, the car is smoking at startup. Only had for a week and just started when I parked it today and went into the post office. It's not white smoke, and has no smell at first. When driving home it went away, then we waited like 30min to start it up. After start...
2005 BMW 325i Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
High resistance in the electrical contacts may cause one or more of the rear lights to stop working. Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will repair the affected vehicles as necessary to correct this concern.
2005 BMW 325i Reviews
The transmission wennt out 2000 miles after warranty. The car had a complete inspection at 99000 miles and the dealer saw nothing wrong. Dealer wanted 8000 to replace the transmission with only 2 year new warranty.
My dad has a BMW 325i, and I want to steal it. Fun to drive, it's been very reliable, and he hasn't spent much on maintenance and nothing on repair. The brakes are expensive, but they were under warranty. The oil changes are expensive, but you only have to do them once a year or less.
This car has been trouble. Let me list... Breaks, taillights, headlight lenses, power steering pump, window washer pump, a/c compressor, front passenger window, even replacing bulbs in the car is not easy. We had to order the taillight bulbs off the Internet because no parts stores carried them and the BMW dealer wanted a small fortune for a set! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota. I've changed th...