2004 BMW 325i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 BMW 325i
- recall for back tail lights
- Door locks don't work with the remote or key & hazard lights dont work either...
- What dose it mean when the head lights turn off all by there self?
- The radiator has a slow leak. Can water be used to fill it?
- Coolant light goes on and off while driving continually replacing water
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 BMW 325i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
Failure of the front control arm bracket bushings—often referred to as thrust rod bushings—is moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.
An engine coolant leak may develop from the expansion tank resulting in engine overheating. When a cooling system component fails the entire cooling system should be inspected. It is not uncommon to find additional component have failed or are leaking.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2004 BMW 325i Questions
That was just driving along pulling into my driveway then all of a sudden the headlights and the running lights just turned off all by itself did they blow out is it a fuse it was only the headlights not the tail lights the brake lights or anything like that
do you only use radiator fluid or is water ok?
2004 BMW 325i Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
High resistance in the electrical contacts may cause one or more of the rear lights to stop working. Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will repair the affected vehicles as necessary to correct this concern.
2004 BMW 325i Reviews
I previously purchased my first BMW new in 1987, it was a BMW 325 is, which I drove for 12 years and about 185,000 miles. I absolutely loved everything about this car, which had no problems - other than replacing a seat belt. It was a gem - extremely reliable and it drove great. This lead me to purchasing my second BMW. I purchased a new 2004 325 i - in late April of 2004, and it has truly ...
Contrary to other reviews this car has been extremely reliable. It has only needed oil, fluids and bushings. The power from the 184hp engine is amazing and transmission is as smooth as silk. The AC is surprisingly very cold and all electronics work great. The steering is tight and the car handles like a dream. The styling is timeless. All in all an excellent car.
All I can say is BMW why can't you admit to a faulty VANO's system,did every thing to try to figure out stalling problem on cold starts, this is my last option hope it works rebuilding it now with new "improved o-rings"