2002 BMW 325i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 BMW 325i
- My car runs cold during winter when driving the temperature needle stay cold
- how much does new breaks cost?
- Is my engine in danger?? Will i have to chance the engine??
- My convertible wont work, could it be the motor? How much will it cost to repair
- Why is my car running out of fuel so quick with gauge still showing 1/4 tank?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2002 BMW 325i Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
An engine coolant leak may develop from the expansion tank resulting in engine overheating. When a cooling system component fails the entire cooling system should be inspected. It is not uncommon to find additional component have failed or are leaking.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
Failure of the front control arm bracket bushings—often referred to as thrust rod bushings—is moderately common. One symptom is a clunk or jolt felt in the steering when braking.
2002 BMW 325i Questions
I checked the water of the engine..i forgot to close the cap.i arrived to work parked it..after 12 hours of work..i arrived to my car..opened again to check the engines water..i realized i left it open..and no water is left..i directly turned on the car and went to the nearest station whichi was ...
2002 BMW 325i Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator modules found.
2002 BMW 325i Reviews
I absolutlely LOVE my Beemer!!! I'll never go back to a domestic vehicle again. The feel and telegraphing of the road, the care and craftsmanship of the entire vehicle is unsurpassed in my opinion. What an ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!!!!
This car has some weak points that cloud the overall ownership experience. My problems so far: Rear window regulators. It seems like there is a 100% failure rate on the the rear window regulators and at $350 a window this is not trivial. Front window regulators: The fronts have not failed yet but are slow and as a result I avoid using them. Cooling system: This year has a tendency ...
I have a 2002 BMW 325i and its great 185000 and just breaking it in. I just have this recent problem, I was for a drive and out of no were my radio just turned off and since then I haven't been able to turn it on since its now going on for three days now. I've checked the fuses and there are fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so what is the problem and how to fix it?