1998 BMW 323i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW 323i
- what causes the steering rack top seal to blow out has happened 4 times! help me
- upgrade from a 2.5 to a 2.8 engine. Now tach and temp gauge doesn't work.
- coolant leaks in to one cylinder through head gasket. A small leak, add coolant.
- Where is the carbon canister located on this car?
- water leaks under dviver side floor mat
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1998 BMW 323i Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
Front shocks become excessively worn after 90000 miles. Therefore, the car sways over bumps. The shock will develop a large rip in the center and may be dripping fluid.
1998 BMW 323i Questions
i have changed the steering rack four times and each time the top seal keeps blowing out. i also changed the pump.
can this be repaired without replacing head gasket and retooling one cylinder? Value of car seems to be close to cost of replacing gasket. Is their a effective and less costly fix?
when it rains or wash it with the water hose
1998 BMW 323i Reviews
I drive a bmw323i but has recently replaced the engine with a 325i. die crank sensors are differant located. we bought a new crank sensor that works from the front pulley on the 325i. we started the engine but it has n missfire. we can ref the car up till 2000 rpm but more that that, the engine starts to stall. could the wiring of this sensor be differant that the old sensor and now gives the w...
I'm the third owner. Has 89000 miles now. The convertible top is crappy...probably have to replace it...goes up and down manually and is beginning to deteriorate...had to fix the a/c and now needs a transmission mount with disc's. Oh yes, 4 new tires. Otherwise...I LOVE IT! It holds the road nicely, shifts beautifully, I think it handles just the way I would expect it to. I've got to be careful...