2011 BMW 135i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 BMW 135i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2011 BMW 135i Problems
One vehicles equipped with power folding mirrors, the mirror may fold out past the standard position. Our technicians tell us that if this occurs a special procedure must be followed to relearn the correct mirror home position.
A droning type noise may be noted when the air conditioning system is operating. Additionally, a vibration may be felt in the steering wheel. If these issues are no longer present when the AC system is turned off, the problem may be low refrigerant charge in the system. Our technicians remind us that if the refrigerant charge is found to be low, proper leak diagnoses should be performed in addition to recharging the AC system.
2011 BMW 135i Recalls
The vehicle battery is connected to the fuse box via a heavy duty cable. It has been determined that the cable connection at the fuse box can degrade over time, resulting in increased electrical resistance. This increased resistance can cause the connection point to overheat and break, resulting in a loss of electrical power and causing the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the positive battery cable connector and secure it with an improved method to correct this concern.
The seat belt pretensioner explosion that occurs during a collision may ignite the sound insulation around the buckles. Dealers will modify the sound insulation on all vehicles, and relplace the seat belt on some models. This recall began on August 23, 2010.
2011 BMW 135i Reviews
The front portion of the car shakes when driving over bumps. Problems with the sway bar have been identified. Otherwise, a very fun car to drive. It is fast, fast, fast. Great on gas and the seats are not bad. The control panel is not user friendly, but the voice recognition makes up for that.