2008 Audi TT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Audi TT
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Audi TT Problems
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
A creaking type noise may be noted from the front suspension. Replacement of the front sway bar may be required to correct this issue.
2.0L turbo charged engines may develop a hesitation on acceleration and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light due to a failed high pressure fuel pump or a worn camshaft follower or camshaft. Our technicians tell us that whenever the high pressure fuel pump is replaced the camshaft and the follower should be checked for wear. The camshaft lobe pushes on the follower to operate the high pressure fuel pump. Frequent oil changes and use of synthetic oil may help with this wear issue.
2008 Audi TT Recalls
Under extreme driving conditions, fuel can leak from the fuel tank vent valve. The internal spring may be too weak to hold the valve closed. Any fuel leak increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected valve with an improved design. The recall is expected to begin by November 16, 2009. The Audi recall number is 20Q3/J3.
The retainers clips for the C-pillar trim panels may not retain the panels sufficiently. In a collision, the trim panel may become a projectile and injure an occupant. Dealers will install an improved retainer clip. The Audi recall number is 70D1/JX. This recall began on March 7, 2008.