2000 Audi TT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Audi TT
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Sway Bar Replacement to Correct Creaking Noise
- Check Engine Light Due to Vacuum Leaks, Oxygen Sensor, or Catalytic Converter Fault
- Oil Leaks From Camshaft Chain Tensioner and Valve Cover Gaskets
- Use correct oil/filter to prevent sludge accumulation
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2000 Audi TT Problems
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
A creaking type noise may be noted from the front suspension. Replacement of the front sway bar may be required to correct this issue.
2000 Audi TT Questions
How do I remove the plastic engine cover to change the headlight bulbs?
My TT developed a strange problem after a pretty heavy rainstorm. The car is completely dead - no lights, no dash, no starter turnover-not even a click. After a half dozen attempts the lights came on when the key was inserted and the car started normally. It idled normally... I turned it off and ...
when i push the release in the car or on the key i hear the release, however the truck appears locked
2000 Audi TT Recalls
The steering may handle in an unstable manner, especially in cases of excess speed and abrupt steering movements. Unstable handling may result in an accident. Dealers will replace the front and rear stabilizers for Quattro Drive equipped vehicles. A modified control arm will be installed in the front suspension and shock absorbers will be installed in the front and rear. Finally, a rear spoiler will be installed.
The fuel line may have been damaged during vehicle production. This may result in a fuel leak, which can cause a fire. Dealers will replace the affected fuel line assembly.
2000 Audi TT Reviews
I LOVE MY TT THE ONLY THING I HATE IS THE HATERS TRYING TO KEY MY CAR
Beautiful car, fun to drive, but some electrical issues, Instrument cluster, Coils....etc.
This has been a fun car.Not super fast , it handles well though.Maintenance cost are so-so.A few water leaks in the rain.All OK now.Had to fix a few things in the suspension....creaking noise.Brakes needed a few times as well.