1997 Audi Cabriolet Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Audi Cabriolet
- top starts to open but when hatch opens half way it all stops
- where is the power top reservoir refill, how do you get to it so I can add oil?
- moving automatic trans gear selector into N or P sounds like starter is engaging
- car was making cracking sounds making left turns, then wont shift into gear, why
- WATERPUMP AND THERMOSTAT LOOKING FOR PICTURES/INSTRUCTIONS
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1997 Audi Cabriolet Problems
The Cabriolet convertible top mechanism can fail due to hydraulic fluid leaks. The fluid reservoir is a common failure.
The water pump may fail resulting in engine overheating and possible timing belt damage. Overheating and/or timing belt failure can result in very expensive engine repairs. As a precaution, it is recommended to inspect the timing belt and water pump at regular intervals.
1997 Audi Cabriolet Questions
i WANT TO PRINT OUT SOME INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MY MECHANIC HAS NOT DONE THIS BEFORE i MESSED UP AND BOUGHT THE WATER PUMP ALREADY AND CAN'T RETURN IT SO i AM LIMITED WITH WHO WILL FIX THE CAR AND USE MY PARTS.
My top was working fine and now it stopped. The light on the dash flashes when I try to open it but nothing happens. Can I open it manually. What could be the cause of this?
My convertible top was workimg on day and stopped the next. Is there a fuse that maybe bad and if so, where is it located?
1997 Audi Cabriolet Recalls
1997 Audi Cabriolet Reviews
This car has been almost problem free since purchase (2001). Regular service and garaging have been responsible for most of that condition, however no major repairs have been necessary since then.