1997 Audi Cabriolet Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Audi Cabriolet
- top starts to open but when hatch opens half way it all stops
- where is the power top reservoir refill, how do you get to it so I can add oil?
- moving automatic trans gear selector into N or P sounds like starter is engaging
- car was making cracking sounds making left turns, then wont shift into gear, why
- WATERPUMP AND THERMOSTAT LOOKING FOR PICTURES/INSTRUCTIONS
1997 Audi Cabriolet Problems
The Cabriolet convertible top mechanism can fail due to hydraulic fluid leaks. The fluid reservoir is a common failure.
The water pump may fail resulting in engine overheating and possible timing belt damage. Overheating and/or timing belt failure can result in very expensive engine repairs. As a precaution, it is recommended to inspect the timing belt and water pump at regular intervals.
1997 Audi Cabriolet Questions
i WANT TO PRINT OUT SOME INSTRUCTIONS BECAUSE MY MECHANIC HAS NOT DONE THIS BEFORE i MESSED UP AND BOUGHT THE WATER PUMP ALREADY AND CAN'T RETURN IT SO i AM LIMITED WITH WHO WILL FIX THE CAR AND USE MY PARTS.
My top was working fine and now it stopped. The light on the dash flashes when I try to open it but nothing happens. Can I open it manually. What could be the cause of this?
My convertible top was workimg on day and stopped the next. Is there a fuse that maybe bad and if so, where is it located?