1996 Audi Cabriolet Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Audi Cabriolet
- top was working fine then tried to put it up but wouldn't work.
- my car will not start will not crank when I turn the key battery is charged
- How do I remove the rear shocks from my 1996 audi cabrio 2,6L I cant work it out
- Gas fumes in trunk, some type of venting problem? Not from engine or exhaust pip
- I just bought this car and am looking for a Chilton's manual so I can service.
1996 Audi Cabriolet Problems
The Cabriolet convertible top mechanism can fail due to hydraulic fluid leaks. The fluid reservoir is a common failure.
The water pump may fail resulting in engine overheating and possible timing belt damage. Overheating and/or timing belt failure can result in very expensive engine repairs. As a precaution, it is recommended to inspect the timing belt and water pump at regular intervals.
1996 Audi Cabriolet Questions
The low water sensor is coming on, but car isnt running hot. What type of anti freeze does audi take ?
wont go into reverse or 2nd gear its an automatic
THERE IS A LOT OF ANTI-FREEZE ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAR IT LOOK LIKE IT IS BACKING UP