2001 Audi A6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Audi A6
- how much does it cost to replace a starter and install
- what be the total cost to compelelty over haul a motor in a 2001a audi a6 2.8 ?
- My check engine light will not come on. The fuses seem to be fine, what do I do?
- how much would it cost to remove the old engine and replace it with another engi
- when installing the torque convertor i can only get 2 clicks. is that right?
2001 Audi A6 Problems
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
Premature wear in various multi-link suspension components can cause noises that are difficult to diagnose. Worn suspension parts can also cause uneven tire wear and create steering alignment problems.
2001 Audi A6 Questions
engine may have seized up
if i manage to keep it running then it surges really bad. doesn't seem to do it in reverse.
2001 Audi A6 Recalls
The aging of the plastic material in the fuel tank rollover valve, combined with stress from the aluminum ventilation line attached to it, may lead to cracking of the connection nipple. The cracked nipple could leak fuel, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will reinforce the nipple on the rollover valve or repair the cracking as necessary. This recall is expected to begin during June 2011. The Audi recall number is 20L8/JY.