1997 Audi A4 Quattro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Audi A4 Quattro
- Check Engine Light Due to Vacuum Leaks, Oxygen Sensor, or Catalytic Converter Fault
- Check Engine Light Due to Faulty Torque Converter
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Oil Leaks From Camshaft Chain Tensioner and Valve Cover Gaskets
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
1997 Audi A4 Quattro Problems
An ignition coil or spark plug may fail unexpectedly resulting in an engine misfire and possible illumination of the Check Engine Light. Vehicles equipped with spark plug wires may also develop a misfire caused by a failed spark plug wire.
1997 Audi A4 Quattro Questions
it was in limp mode, only shifted manually then one day wont go into any gear. have 2 codes p0717 and po 722. speed sensor and transmission sensor. could it just be one of these sensors? I was told tcm is bad if it wont shift. I cant even figure out how to check the fluid. any ideas?
But when in drive it will run at one and a half rpm's when not even pushing on the gas pedal
1997 Audi A4 Quattro Reviews
my 97 audi a4 quattro does not accelerate with the gas pedal floor or half way .You floor it and wait for the car to gain speed trouble code p1136,p1476 band p0441 with 242652 miles it burn oil