2007 Audi A3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Audi A3
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2007 Audi A3 Problems
2.0L turbo charged engines may develop a hesitation on acceleration and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light due to a failed high pressure fuel pump or a worn camshaft follower or camshaft. Our technicians tell us that whenever the high pressure fuel pump is replaced the camshaft and the follower should be checked for wear. The camshaft lobe pushes on the follower to operate the high pressure fuel pump. Frequent oil changes and use of synthetic oil may help with this wear issue.
A lack of power may be noted and the Check Engine Light illuminated with various throttle system fault codes stored. Our technicians tell us this is generally caused by electrical connection issues at the throttle body. If this is the case a harness repair kit is available from Audi.
2007 Audi A3 Questions
Help! I can't find the battery in my A-3!
Does anyone know where to locate my battery? Anyone?
2007 Audi A3 Recalls
Under extreme driving conditions, fuel can leak from the fuel tank vent valve. The internal spring may be too weak to hold the valve closed. Any fuel leak increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected valve with an improved design. The recall is expected to begin by November 16, 2009. The Audi recall number is 20Q3/J3.
2007 Audi A3 Reviews
I love this car. I too, had the check engine light go on and off for a while, but the car burns a little oil, which probably affected the emissions causing this. I'm told that the oil burning is normal and since I've put 65k on the car, it's run fine the entire time. I like the DSG auto transmission when driving hard, but in traffic I'd prefer either a hydraulic automatic transmission or a s...