2006 Audi A3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Audi A3
- How can I make the air con recirculation setting be the default setting?
- Oil pressure warning comes on after sharp corners or rough pavement
- Timming Belt cost and what is the recommended milage , Audi A3 2006
- car hesitates when i press on the gas engine light codes say cam follower issues
- My engine just stopped, everthing else is working, lights, horn
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2006 Audi A3 Problems
2.0L turbo charged engines may develop a hesitation on acceleration and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light due to a failed high pressure fuel pump or a worn camshaft follower or camshaft. Our technicians tell us that whenever the high pressure fuel pump is replaced the camshaft and the follower should be checked for wear. The camshaft lobe pushes on the follower to operate the high pressure fuel pump. Frequent oil changes and use of synthetic oil may help with this wear issue.
An engine misfire may develop from one or more cylinders resulting in a loss of power and illumination of the Check Engine Light. Our technicians tell us that ignition coil failure is a common cause for this concern. On high mileage vehicles it may be wise to consider replacing all of the ignition coils if one fails to try and avoid future misfire issues on another cylinder.
A lack of power may be noted and the Check Engine Light illuminated with various throttle system fault codes stored. Our technicians tell us this is generally caused by electrical connection issues at the throttle body. If this is the case a harness repair kit is available from Audi.
2006 Audi A3 Questions
Timming Belt cost and what is the recommended milage , Audi A3 2006
i dont know how to replace cam follower i believe its inside or near fuel pump. i also want to replace fuel filter dont know where that is either i believe thats by the fuel tank. i bought both online will try this weekend
2006 Audi A3 Recalls
Under extreme driving conditions, fuel can leak from the fuel tank vent valve. The internal spring may be too weak to hold the valve closed. Any fuel leak increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the affected valve with an improved design. The recall is expected to begin by November 16, 2009. The Audi recall number is 20Q3/J3.
Faulty side curtain airbag inflator modules may have been installed in 48 vehicles. In the event of a crash, these airbags may not deploy as designed, increasing the risk of injury to seat occupants. Dealers will replace the side curtain airbags to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on August 31, 2006. The Audi recall number is JP.
2006 Audi A3 Reviews
Love the performance and total package, but the warning lights just keep coming and cost $$$. Also had major problems with transmission early on and the car has never been right.
Myriad of small problems, but one big one: Check engine light goes on constantly. Dealer has tried three times to fix, but can't seem to figure it out. Fun to drive, but major pain to maintain. Doubt I'd buy another.
Great car and so far no major problems