2004 Acura TL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Acura TL
- rusted pipes under the dashboard leaking coolant may result in the AC not cold?
- What should I do? Shocks or half shaft replacement?
- My transmission needs to be replaced. What should it cost new? Rebuilt?
- CAR WONT MOVE HARDLEY IN GEAR YELLOW TIANGLE LIGHT FLASHING
- I have a power steering noise and little leak on the floor.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Acura TL Problems
A squeak type noise may be noted when raising or lowering the front door glass. Our technicians tell us that in most cases this issue can be corrected by replacing the door glass seal.
I found out that at only 83000 miles my TL had to have the engine mounts replaced already at a cost of almost $800.00
2004 Acura TL Questions
Acura TL 2004 130,000 miles, what are the pipes made of, and is this possible for this car, if so what is approximate cost to replace.
The car has 139k miles on it and been dealer serviced.
Motor revs up in neutral wont rev up in gear
2004 Acura TL Recalls
Acura has recalled certain 2004-2007 TL models because the power steering hose may leak onto the extremely hot catalytic converter, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will replace the power steering hose with a new heat-resistant design.
Acura has recalled 2004-2005 TL vehicles because the wiper motor may stop working. Water may enter the wiper motor breather port and cause corrosion, which may cause the electrical circuit in the wiper motor to fail. Dealers will replace corroded wiper motors and modifications will be made to prevent water from entering the existing or new wiper motor.
Honda and Acura are recalling numerous 2001–2004 vehicles to inspect for an internal automatic transmission fault. This fault could result in gear failure, which can cause the transmission to lock up. If the transmission were to lock up with the vehicle in motion, a crash could result. If the inspection reveals internal transmission damage, the transmission will be replaced. If no internal damaged is noted, the transmission oil cooler return line will be revised in order to increase fluid flow. For more information, please call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.