2001 Acura TL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Acura TL
- What transmission parts would have to be replaced with aftermarket to fix it
- why is the engine is suddenly running rough and the check engine light is on.
- Left strut broken 4x, new one failing. Need ideas why it would keep breaking. TX
- Sometimes the transmission, when driving at slow speed, locks up as if in neutra
- The brake pedal goes to the floor with constant pressure when stopped.
2001 Acura TL Problems
2001 Acura TL Questions
replaced spark plugs. did not help.
It occurs when driving at a slow speed. Diagnostic code P0740.
The car was just in for repair for this issue. New front brakes and a master cylinder were installed. The pedal still goes to the floor. The mechanic says it is normal. Is this normal? It does not seem right to me.
2001 Acura TL Recalls
Honda and Acura are recalling numerous 2001–2004 vehicles to inspect for an internal automatic transmission fault. This fault could result in gear failure, which can cause the transmission to lock up. If the transmission were to lock up with the vehicle in motion, a crash could result. If the inspection reveals internal transmission damage, the transmission will be replaced. If no internal damaged is noted, the transmission oil cooler return line will be revised in order to increase fluid flow. For more information, please call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
Acura is recalling certain 2000–2002 TL vehicles that may have had incorrect parts installed as a result of a previous seat belt buckle recall. These seat belts may not comply with federal safety standards. Dealers will inspect and replace the front seat belt buckles free of charge.