1996 Acura TL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Acura TL
- Can I fit a cooling fan from a different year Acura in my 97Acura 3.2 TL
- Sorry this is new to me I need to change the water pump on a 1996 Acura 3.2 Tl d
- do you have to pull the engine on a 3.2 TL 1996?? vin jh4ua3650tc007647
- car starts intermittently. had the battery, alternator and battery cables all
- Where is the ABS fuse box located inside the 1996 Acura TL 2.5?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Acura TL Problems
The green "Drive" light on the dashboard tends to burn out, requiring replacement of the burned out bulb.
A squeak type noise may be noted when raising or lowering the front door glass. Our technicians tell us that in most cases this issue can be corrected by replacing the door glass seal.
The exhaust manifold commonly fails on the 5 cylinder engine and may develop an exhaust leak that is especially noticeable when the car is cold.
1996 Acura TL Questions
recently replaced. not sure if I can be specific of when car is hot or cold but first time starts are always reliable. the dashboard lights come on, no problem with the battery, all power works. go to grocery store or shopping get back in...no start. no sound when I try to turn over, no click no ...
ABS light is on
when attempt to use device to see whats needed, it errors out saying unable to communicate. This same response is occuring for the check engine light, unable to communicate.
1996 Acura TL Recalls
Acura is recalling certain 1996–1998 TL and 1996–1999 RL models because an automatic transmission case bolt may loosen and fall out, allowing the transmission to disengage from the differential. This may cause a loss of power to the drive wheels without warning. Also, a parked vehicle could move unexpectedly if the parking brake is not set. Dealers will install a redesigned transmission case bolt to correct this issue.
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.
1996 Acura TL Reviews
Good car. 1996 Acura T.L 2.5. Only has 144k miles on it. Exhaust manifold system is still under manfac. warranty. Get yours checked out and fixed for free. Can add more horse power. Try buying a super charger. just released from japan as 06/01/2010. email me. if you have questions about this year and model. Knowledgeable. firstname.lastname@example.org P.S. Stay away from all Jiffy Lube Oil ...
what a car ! bought it new in 1996 - still runs great with 240,000 miles on it; oil changes, brakes and tire replacements only to date.
This ride is Boss!! Cool and luxury too. As with any vehicle, there are some minor problems to deal with but well worth it. Tranny and suspension does seem to be a weak point but fixable. Not as quiet inside as I like but that too can be fixed. Probably with some Dynamat lining. For the most part, a great ride.