2000 Acura RL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Acura RL
- Electrical short#19 fuse but it isn't the radio or back up lights. What else?
- My 2000 acuraRL sometimes i try to turn my car on and the switch want turn
- Just got my Tune up and EGR Valve replace in my 2000 Acura RL. Shortly after...
- Got DTC code 420 and Check Engine light comes on. What does this mean?
- I am sometimes having trouble shifting out of park. what can cause this?
2000 Acura RL Problems
The Airbag (SRS) warning light may illuminate due to one or more failed sensors. Our technicians recommend complete diagnoses of any stored fault codes because these sensors can be very expensive to replace.
2000 Acura RL Questions
Not battery cuz everything is on just want turn . What is this
Mileage is great, smooth running.
2000 Acura RL Recalls
The brake system master cylinder may corrode internally. This may result in poor braking performance and lengthened stopping distances, which can cause an accident. Dealers will replace the master cylinder assembly.
Acura is recalling certain 2000–2002 TL vehicles due to possible brake light switch failure, which is caused by assembly oil contaminating the electrical contacts. The brake lights may not illuminate when the brakes are applied, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will clean excess oil from the brake pedal assembly and replace the brake light switch.
2000 Acura RL Reviews
Kingsley Bayoh I have a 2000 3.5 RL, bought used in 2003 with 50000 miles. I now have 360,000 miles. A great car. I kept all maintenance. A lot of money was spent to keep it top notch. A very reliable car. The following were problems encountered since I bought the car 10 years ago. 1. emission control 2. Electrical Problems, such as alarm sounding off un-necessarily, that causes the fu...