1996 Acura RL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Acura RL
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Acura RL Problems
The relay that supplies electrical power to the fuel pump may fail, causing the engine to stall or fail to start.
1996 Acura RL Questions
it sounds funny when trying to cranks but wont turn over
What is a single or double Din ?
My fuel pump have no power and I also have no sparks coming from my coils is there's something that will cut off all power forward fuel and coils could it be the madual or the crankshaft sensor
1996 Acura RL Recalls
Acura is recalling certain 1996–1998 TL and 1996–1999 RL models because an automatic transmission case bolt may loosen and fall out, allowing the transmission to disengage from the differential. This may cause a loss of power to the drive wheels without warning. Also, a parked vehicle could move unexpectedly if the parking brake is not set. Dealers will install a redesigned transmission case bolt to correct this issue.
The ball joints in the front suspension may prematurely wear out. The ball joints could break in severe circumstances, which may cause an accident. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints. This recall is expected to begin by May 17, 1999.
1996 Acura RL Reviews
We have driven our 96 RL 142,000 mi. And Love the car but we have had to repair the transmission 3 times. Because of something shearing in the differential area which I understand was a recall issue in the past. Shame that it can't be more dependable ! Can't decide to replace the tranny with a used one and try again ?
i love driving my car but it has an electrical problem where it kills the battery after a couple of days of not driving it. The brakes chatter or vibrate when they are applied to stop the vehicle.