Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Car owners review and rate their cars.

I'm very happy with the car's overall performance and love the interior and body design.
I contintue to enjoy this car every day. I am midway through my second 100k mile chunk and still have no serious problems with the car. Occasionally there is something that needs replacement but it is what I would expect to need replacement at such a high milage. The only reason I rated the interior lower was because the cup holder options in the earlier model years of the B5 (97-2001) A4's are pretty pathetic. I think Audi was going for some artistic note to hold your drinks but the only art is the Jackson Pollock coffee stain you get on your pants when going around turns. Otherwise the interior is great.

The exhaust and emissions are not the greatest but this is not exactly a light car such as a civic either.

One thing I like to point out about Audi cars is the incredible response between the steering wheel and the direction of the car. To put it in comparison, when you drive most american cars, there is some slushy feeling when steering in car. Audi's have immediate response when you want to make the finest detail change in the direction of the car.

This is a well made car with plenty of room to carry things (even the sedan), an ability to handle any terrain including snow, and plenty of power for a luxury sport sedan.

I recommend A4's to any and all of my friends who consider buying them.
nice riding car
be prepared to replace air ride and trans around 100,000 k
What a fun car to drive! Over 80K miles on our M3 and absolutely no problems. We have a fantastic local auto shop, Phaedrus, here in San Francisco to thank for the great experience. The car gets relatively good gas mileage too. It's too bad BMW isn't making 4-door M3s anymore.
This is a great car with excellent gas mileage. I have about 71k miles on my corolla and I have not had anything problems with it.
This was a comfortable car with a fairly peppy engine. I'm glad I leased the car as I was able to walk away without having to deal with the challenges this car faced after 3 years.
While this was a fun convertible to drive, I'm sure glad I leased the car and was able to walk away after 3 years. Forget about talking on the cellphone (yes, when the top was closed), it was an incredibly noisy ride. The car did not handle well either.
I love this car. It's the perfect size for city driving (parallel parking is a breeze) and the 4WD takes you to Tahoe in most any conditions. Living in San Francisco, the Quattro is a must - it gives me an extra sense of security on those many rainy days. I opted for the 3.2, 6 cylinder option which gets me on the freeway (and up mountain roads) in no time. I have developed an addiction to the GPS and satellite radio as well. The only negative is that we can barely fit 3 kids (in car seats) in the back, definitely not a car for an expanding family. I thoroughly recommend an Audi.
I have the 'R' version and this car has never reached its potential. The engine pulls well but the transmission is abysmally suited for its turbo-lagged output. Manual shifting needed frequently. The suspension is a bit too soft but the steering's fairly precise. Overall reliability has been fair, not great.
Utterly fantastic car to own and drive. Only real complaint is the interior trim surrounding the door. Fail every two years and are very expensive to replace.