Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Subaru Forester We bought our 1999 Subaru Forester new and it's been a great car. We've been good about changing the coolant every 30K and adding Subaru's "coolant conditioner" so the head gasket's been a-ok so far. In 90K miles all we've done are basic services, and did the front brakes at 60K. Recently had to change the inner CV boot because it's right above the hot exhaust. This car has taken us everywhere and is an absolute blast on gravel roads!
  • 1992 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Bought my 1992 Chevrolet K2500 used about 10 years ago now and it's been really dependable. It has great lowend grunt with the towing gears and we have even been able to muster 16mpg from it. It's much smoother on the road than my Toyota pickup but I still love them both. No real big problems to report, just normal maintenance. The cruise control stopped working but I'm told the multifunction switch (drumstick on the steering column) is a common cause. We recently put some new Goodyears on it and what a difference it made in handling. I remember the interior door pulls (arm rest handles) came loose so we had to replace those but no major problems so far (100K miles)
  • 1995 Honda Civic Bought this car for my mom in 1995 and she's put 48,000 miles on it, changed the brakes once and the battery. very reliable car!!
  • 2006 Honda Element 2006 with 45k miles. Absolutely love it, and have had no major problems. Will be replacing the rear differential fluid to solve the recent minor problem that I've had with turns. Good to know it is easily repaired.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Great car to drive in the snow, very comfortable driving on highway and mountain roads.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Camaro I love this car. It's so fun to drive and I've had no major problems.
  • 1996 Cadillac Seville Bought this Cadillac Seville used with 29,000 miles on it, The engine and brakes held up well but the transmission had problems but Cadillac repaired it under warranty. We test drove Lexus and Infinity and they were too small inside for a growing family.
  • 1998 Mercury Mystique My parents own one and they have it in the shop every month. I have a Mini Cooper and a Honda and nowhere near the problems this has. Heck, just look at the list of recalls and service bulletins! I'm not even going to list all the problems, just avoid one of these!
  • 2007 Chevrolet Uplander Got a free rental car at the body shop and they gave us a Chevrolet Uplander and it was no comparison to a Toyota Previa or Honda Odyssey, It had no power and road like a truck, the engine and transmission seemed like they were not made for each other. the brakes were OK.
  • 2001 Volvo V40 My Volvo V40 is a nice ride, fun to drive. The interior is the big drawback, it just feels cheap, not like other Volvo's. The power of the 4 cylinder turbo is great, it really get's up and goes when you want it to. We had some check engine light issues that took a few visits to the dealer to get repaired, but has been ok since then.
  • 1997 Honda Passport This was my first Honda and it sure didn't live up to the expectations I had. I later found out it's an Isuzu Rodeo! The engine and transmission leaked oil, and the alternator went out. It didn't have very good power and didn't handle well. Since it really is an Isuzu, I may try Honda again, but I'll make sure it's really a Honda!
  • 1996 Ford Explorer We bought this Ford explorer new in 1996 after looking at Nissan pathfinder and Toyota 4 Runner we decided the explorer because of the 302 V8 engine, with 182,000 miles on it, still runs strong and looks good. The engine , brakes, transmission are holding up well.
  • 1998 Ford F-150 Bought our F150 Roush edition in 1999 with 40k miles on it. All I have to say is I am so thankful I bought the extended warranty with it. At 42k the transmission went out at 50k the alternator was shot, went through 2 drive shafts and a rear end at 92k. The warranty expired at 94k miles and I havent had another problem with it since. The truck now has 170k miles and starts every morning. No leaks from the 4.6l motor and purs like a kitten. All of this after pulling a 34 ft travel trailer once a month for three years... Thanks Ford for the warranty!
  • 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK430 I love this car!! bought it 6 months ago and have had no major problems with it. I replaced the ball joints and the stearing dampner. Just put on new tires and it is still running great with 98k miles
  • 2003 Honda Pilot GREAT Vehicle and THE best car I have ever owned. Currently have over 190k miles on a 2003 Pilot. The only complaint is that the entertainment system has devloped an annoying buzzing sound and the plastic shrouding surrouding the driver's seat broke.
  • 2004 Mini Cooper Overall, this has been a great car for me. I've put a little over 60k miles on it in 5 years and had a few issues in the first couple of years that were fixed free of charge by the MINI dealer. If I recall, there was an issue with the suspension, the rattle under the dash that almost all the MINI's seemed to have at one point or another, and the problem with chips/cracks in the windshield due to the angle of it. Everything else has performed almost flawlessly and it's still a lot of fun to drive.
  • 2006 Pontiac G6 Reliable; handles extremely well; nice smooth ride.
  • 1998 Saab 900 I have had the car for 4.5 years now and I do love it. I have had electrical problems with the car from the time I got it though. Initially the dome light would come on randomly while I drove and the lights would go out randomly as well. Those were fixed right away as it was covered under the 30 day warranty I had. Over the past few months though the cars dashboard instruments like to turn off for a second and then come right back on. I have has two different mechanics try and fix it and both have failed. It lies in once again with another electrical problem. The rest of the car has held up very well though and am very happy with it!
  • 2000 Ford F-150 Lightning Have had truck from day one, Had services done early from trans flush,rad flush, p/s flush, rear end drain & change, brake fluid also. Like way it handles around the slow traffic. Inter cooler was recall changed, along with crusecontrol. MPG 12/18
  • 2002 Nissan Altima The car has been good to me. I bought it Oct. 2001 as a brand new 2002. It has 195,000 miles and running well. Original exhaust. Just now having to put money into it other then maintenance. My last Altima (1996) had 240,000 miles on it before it died.
  • 1997 Toyota T100 This truck has been extremely reliable in the 165,000 miles I've put on it so far. It has been perfectly dependable. It has received regular maintenance and the only repair was a recall for the replacement of the steering relay rod covered at no charge by Toyota. 1997 T100 SR5 4X4, Automatic Trans
  • 1993 Ford Explorer I've had my Explorer for 15 years and it currently has over 276,000 miles. It still runs great. Got to say that I've gotten my money's worth out of this one!
  • 2000 Mitsubishi Galant I owned the car for 5 years and No complaints.
  • 2005 Nissan Armada My experience with the Armada came when my car was in the shop and I rented one of these. I liked the interior, very nice, an tons of leg room. Nice power too!
  • 1998 Volvo C70 The C70 is a fun car to drive! I think it is the first Volvo convertible, and although I had a few problems with the top and the windows, they were addressed under the Volvo warranty. When the sun is out, the C70 is a blast!
  • 2004 Acura TL I love my 2004 Acura TL for two primary reasons: a wonderful 260-horsepower V6 and a lot of standard content for a good price. The TL is stylish, highly attractive and is loaded with features that complement both the performance and look. The cockpit is very unique to the TL; controls are well laid out and easy to use. The gages are in bright blue and red. The front seats are extremely comfortable and hold you place during quick turns. The backseats have more leg room than the Saab and CTS. The reliability factor played a large part in my decision to buy the TL. I have had only two major repairs done and both were recalls resulting in a reimbursement. I purchased my TL used and have been very satisfied. I have a long commute that requires a car with not only a comfortable interior and ride but a vehicle that will withstand abuse. Pros: Interior, power, quiet, features for the price, reliability, resale value. Cons: Trunk space is limited, back seats do not fold down
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia I have had my 2001 Sequoia for over seven years now and have never had any trouble with it mechanically. It has been driven in heavy highway traffic, in the city, on dirt roads, through snow and flooding. My only complaint has been continuing problems with the rear hatch lock, defroster, and windshield wiper, all of which are electrical problems. It's going back in for repairs for the wiper and defroster shortly (both are absolute necessities in New England weather). I have over 100,000 miles on the car and nothing else has had any problems (I have replaced brakes, shocks, tires, etc. due to normal wear and tear).
  • 2003 Toyota Matrix I love this car
  • 2002 Audi Allroad Quattro The car is fantastic when it runs... but be aware of the costly repaired: as already mentioned, the front air spring suspension will set you back 1000 dollars each (they WILL fail)the front brake (rotors and pads) is a 500 dollars job. Leaks in the 2.7T engine are common. The reliability is horrible, but the driving dynamics make up for that. I wouldn't recomend to buy one unless you are planning to save thousands of dollars to maintain it.
  • 2004 Nissan Xterra great car