Newest Reviews:
  • 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Great car - family owned it forever. Few problems that were not mileage-appropriate.
  • 1990 GMC Suburban 1500 This workhorse Suburban was very rough around the edges. With less than 100,000 miles it blew a headgasket. We also had a tire blowout on I-5 that luckily didn't cause an accident. I never felt very comfortable driving the truck and it just required too much repair given how young it was.
  • 2004 Ford Ranger Always used Ford Rangers for delivery trucks, Can't beat them. Tried to use Toyotas but they demand a premium price so we stuck with Rangers very reliable.
  • 2005 Subaru Impreza Mine was a WRX STI. This car was a monster. It was crazy fast and handled extremely well. The problem was that I needed a daily driver. This car is just too much to drive to and from work every day. It is a 300hp beast. It got about 13mpg too so it was not good for my 90 mile round trip commute. I didn't have any issues with reliability though. The car was a ready to go racecar. No hiccups or anything.
  • 2006 Buick LaCrosse Smooth and Reliable rides like a Cadillac but $10,000 cheaper can't beat it
  • 2005 Chrysler Sebring I have had this car since 2006 and have had nothing but problems. I have owned several Chrysler products before and this is the last. It is several underpowered(4 cyl). Exhaust went out at 40,000, motor mounts at 30,000, wheel bearing at 28,000 and the lisy goes on. Can't wait to trade it.
  • 2006 BMW 330i I was able to spend 4 months using this as a daily driver. Overall great car, easy to see why the 3-series is so popular with the press and populace. Engine is strong and flexible - nice power range (but not quite enough power for me - need the twin turbo), automatic transmission shifts smoothly and delivers power as it's needed (including manual shifting). The non-sports package seats were a disappointment - not nearly enough support. I find the run-flat tires to be a big downer - they cup as they wear, so they give the driver a grinding feeling when braking hard. Lights and electrical system performed well, as did the interior controls. I'll write another review of the 335i once I get it.
  • 2006 Mazda Mazda3 2+ years, 37000 miles on our 3s 5 door, and we still love this car. Not very roomy (a bit of a challenge with the small kids) but fun to drive, relatively economical. Chews through tires, but that probably says more about the driver and the tires than the car itself...
  • 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty I bought this truck used, but it has run great. Have only had a few minor engine issues. I love to drive it, and plan to keep it for many more years.
  • 2006 Ford Mustang 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible Great car! Looks,performance,good bang for the $.If you want a 6 cylinder get the Pony Package premium edition.Shares the same handling package as the GT.Can always add the Ford Racing Power Pak for more ponies.
  • 1997 Volvo 850 I've owned this car for a few years and it has had some of the typical problems associated with this vehicle, ABS control module failed, broken shock mount, broken upper motor mount, leaking turbo return line seals etc. The vehicle is a good daily driver but requires regular maintenance and repairs to keep it in good condition.
  • 1995 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Lovers pay the price. Body and interior poor fit and finish. Squeaks and rattles above average, Engine and Transmission reliable, 2.5L V-6 relatively trouble free. Steering and Suspension below average, excessive front end shimmy on acceleration common, braking fair. As with all convertibles, Water Leaks will always be an issue.
  • 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Overall Vehicle is quality is good, Excellent choice for families with children and pets. Heating and Air Conditioning above average as is comfort level on extended trips. Very few problems with this vehicle.
  • 1993 Chrysler Concorde Body and Interior Quality poor. Poor fit on body panels and interior trim, Brake Performance average, front rotor warpage is a common problem causing brake vibrations, Both V-6 engines proved to be reliable with sufficcient power. Electrical Components had issues with poor connectors, Heating and Air Conditioning below average performance, Issues with Auto Temp. Suspension and Steering Average.
  • 1999 Chrysler Cirrus Body and Interior poor quality. Brake performance average, Drivetrain dependable, 4 cylinder engine prone to have excessive oil leaks, Heating and Air Conditioning average performance, Suspension and Steering below average, road noise transmitted into passenger compartment.
  • 1999 Chrysler 300M Chrysler 300M Body and Interior comfortable, wind and road noise below average, well insulated, Brakes very good, Electrical Components overall trouble free, Engine Performance good, Exhaust and Emissions good, Heating and Air Conditioning Above average performance. Suspension and steering has good road feel
  • 1998 Toyota 4Runner Hunted out of this Four Runner for years just have to make sure to rotate the tires, They seem to cup with the four wheel drive, Had to change one injector from running cheap gas besides that really reliable.
  • 2005 Volkswagen Passat Good car. Mine is the V6 w/4Motion. Nice legroom, and I'm 6'2". Engine is peppy enough, but could be a little stronger. I like the TipTronic transmission, but shifting with it isn't as nearly satisfying as a manual with a clutch, but that's not why I bought this car. This is a very comfortable, quiet riding car. MPG is a little low around town, but between 20 - 24 on the highway. So far, there haven't been any extraordinary repairs required.
  • 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 I've been driving Dodge trucks since 1985. This is my second one, bought new. I now have 150,000 miles and I'm on my second automatic transmission. The first one went out at approx. 120,000 miles. Since then, I've spoken with others and there is definitely a Dodge truck transmission problem. The other complaints I have are the paint finishes and the interior dash. The finish on the hood and roof is almost non-existent. The dash cracked after about 20,000 miles for no apparent reason. It's now in various pieces. Other than those problems, everything else has has held up pretty well, but I don't think I'll buy another. Looking seriously at Toyota.
  • 2006 Mini Cooper Great car. Mine is a Cooper S with the JCW air intake/exhaust add-on. Fun to drive. Plenty of front seat legroom (and I'm 6'2"). Rear seat is usable in a pinch, even by me, if the person in front moves the seat up a bit. The supercharged engine has plenty of pep. In fact, I used to have an early '80s Porsche 911 and this car is almost just as fun to drive as the Porsche! Just be careful of the terrific torque steer to the right when starting aggressively from a standing stop. This thing will squeal the tires in the first 3 gears without really trying. So far, it's been reliable and low-cost on the maintenance. There are some interior rattles, but nothing obnoxious yet. If you are thinking of buying a MINI, you need to know they do NOT come with a spare tire, so they are equipped with run-flat tires that are expensive to replace. That wasn't a deal breaker for me, though.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire The Chrysler Crossfire is a nice "looking" vehicle but I've had an issues that my engine would shutdown without warning. The car would restart upwards to about 2 hours later but would shutdown again several miles later. Took it to the dealership THREE times. Only once were they able to detect the "an issue". They put in a new PCV module (or something that starts with a "P"). I thought that would solve the problem but it didn't. It's winter now so I got to wait until spring before I can try it out again. Hopefully my warranty isn't expired by then. If anyone has experienced the same issue, please pass you solution on to me. Thanks
  • 2002 Honda Civic This care is awesome bought it used it is awesome shade of bubble gum pink. It now has 200,000 miles on it. of course routine break tire and suspension replacement. I noticed some people said that their steering wheel shakes REPLACE BREAKS! Your car does need love and care as with any car does, replace your breaks people! I just replaced mine for the first time this year I let them get too bad. I put 600 miles a week on it...little trooper. The hood mount just broke the latch shattered this week, I hit a seagull last summer and it finally gave way. The stock stereo has awesome base and all, my friends love it, it has a cassette player and cd player too!!!! I have the LX model. When I buy a new car one day years from now I will only buy Honda. THis car still gets 35-40 miles a gallon! (with a good tail wind or drafting 40! lol).
  • 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid model. Once you get used to the "auto stop" feature, it's challenging to engage it in the so-many instances that you find yourself stopped. Getting it started from auto stop is best if one pretends like it's a manual transmission. The car handles well, accelerates smoothly enough (adequate but not great power), and the MPG excels with the better weather (in cooler and/or inclement weather, the MPG drops due to Honda's A/C being used to clear the Honda-typical window fogging). The only oddity is that there's no audible warning if you happen to leave your lights on, and the battery goes dead fast. But, a standard vehicle can be used to recharge it. Due to its compact size, only the driver has a hand rest. Black dash attracts dust. To change oil, a plastic panel below engine needs to be removed, but easy-to-break plastic grommet-like attachments make it costly to do yourself at $3 per x10. Best to pay to have a professional handle it. A nearby dealer (Klein) fortunately has a package plan where changes are $20 per.
  • 1996 GMC Yukon We been using my buddies Yukon for duck and deer hunting and you can't beat it, Rain, Snow, Its smooth riding and holds dogs guns and all the gear and gets 20 mpg to boot.
  • 2000 Hyundai Elantra this car is absolutely amazing for the price you can't beat it!
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR I've been driving the HHR for a few months and I'm quite surprised by the "feel" of this car. It's steering is very responsive, the ride is solid and the cabin noise is very low. My only gripe is the 2.4L is a little underpowered during acceleration and it sounds funny. Once your up to speed, the power is adequate.
  • 2005 Volkswagen GTI I like driving the Volkswagen GTI, the Tiptronic Automatic Transmission is fun to drive. Nice interior, great response, good brakes. Something to be careful of is that you better replace the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles to keep the engine in good condition. Easy to park in San Francisco. The 4-Cyl. 1.8L Turbo is a gas saver 24-31 MPG.
  • 1993 Mazda 323 OK, so this car isn't as nice as a Honda Accord, Honda Civic, or even the nicer Mazdas like the 626 or MX-6, but these Mazda 323 cars run like champs. Take a licking and keep on ticking. This car was almost never in the repair shop. It needed the basic engine maintenance and brake jobs, but other than that there were nno problems. It's not going to win you any dates or turn any heads outside the club, but it will get you to the club every time when other people are walking or riding with a friend. Simple, basic, great car.
  • 2005 Honda Civic What a fantastic little workhorse! I love this car for its reliability and excellent gas mileage - it never ends up in the shop. The repair and maintenance on this car is most affordable (that's because it really never needs any repairs). For the amazingly low price, I think the car is designed nicely - and it's easy to park in a big city. Both the hybrid and gas version have excellent gas mileage.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta The car burns an excessive amount of oil (a quart every week or two). There are many problems wrong with the electrical system, recently the brakelights turn on by themselves after the car is shut off and it has killed the battery. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR EVER!