Newest Reviews:
  • 2004 Saturn Ion Red Line Overall A GREAT car, although I am experiencing transmission difficulties right now and am having trouble locating a new tranny to replace my broken one. But other than that a great car, good steering and brakes and i love the 'suicide' doors. lol
  • 1997 Pontiac Firebird I love my car. I look after it and it looks after me. I've had most of the common problems mentioned but she's still the best looking car on the road. If they make one this good looking that is also fuel efficient and better for the environment I'll be first in line!
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 I purchased my 2005 C230 new in sept.04 I've never had any problems with the car ever...only recently I have had the check engine light on, but car runs beatiful. Called dealer and they told me if its not flashing not to worry, it may go out on its own, or they will check it on my next service. the only other problem also recently was transmission fluid leak, dealer replcaed a conductor plug, and added fluid.
  • 1999 Acura CL I love this car....mostly. I have the 1999 2.3 automatic. I had the trans go out at 88K. I found out that the previous owner already had the trans rebuilt. This is that famous Honda self-destructing auto trans. The Trans shop I took it to said that this trans had a poorly designed torque converter. They had an aftermarket converter that tookcare of the problem. So, $2800.00 later it is running SWEET!!! Now, I love my car.
  • 1998 Saturn SL1 i bought my 98 sl1 about 2 years ago it had 88k on it i drove it all the way to 231k b4 i dropped a 06 ion redline motor in to it. the motor was still runing fine i just wanted more power over all the car is amazing there are some minor electrical problems bet nothing major this car is a great buy
  • 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT my 3000gt has about 138000 miles on it, all have been trouble free. regular maintenence is a must. do the timing belts every 60000 miles and change the oil regularly and you will have no major issues. the clutch is starting to slip a little, but it lasted 138k plus. the heaters in these cars dosent get super hot, but they do get hot enough for sub zero driving.
  • 1993 Audi 90 Great car dependable on long trips good on gas parts are alittle high to replace but, they last if you buy OEM Audi parts
  • 2002 Volvo S60 This car is a great car if you are looking for a cross between luxury and speed. It handles great and stops on a dime. And its quite pretty. However some of the draw backs of this vehicle are, if you dont have a good paying job this is not the car for you. This car is meticulous that unless you have a mechanic who specializes in Volvo's you will always be at the dealer. Considering that everything has its own computer need I say more. If you throw any codes you are going to have to go to the dealer just to have it reset which can cost you anything from $60-$90, and for something that takes 15mins is really upsetting. Common problems are tranny problems (valve body & sotware upgrades), tires, and sunroof (electical). Also make sure you keep up on the mantainance of this car cause if not you surely will be sent to the poor house. Love my Volvo s60 though!!!!
  • 1990 Ford Taurus I purchased a 1990 Ford Taurus about 10 years ago, while I was a college student. It had a 128K at the time. They kept telling that the trany would go out soon. We drained all of the tranny fluid. Consequently, it has faithfully performed through the last two years of my university education, hauled my three children to their variuos events, and taken us on various important family events. Apart from having to paint it again, and replacing the CV joints, I have noticed no problems with the drive train. With a total of 228K, I think that it has done an excellent job for a 19 year old car. It proves that if you change the engine oil, and maintain all of the fluids to their correct level, a vehicle can outlast even the best of them. Strangely enough, I can keep up with the Lexus, Jags, and BMW's in the Dallas traffic. I'm sure that they make fun of my car, but who cares. I'm not the one making those big payments. I'm will continue to drive that little Taurus. It has proven to me to be a great car. D. Candioto Dallas, TX.
  • 1990 Toyota Celica I love my 1990 Celica - it is a reliable ride for many years now. Zippy, light, yet powerful, and the GT gets me around with a little zip.
  • 1994 Subaru Legacy my family bought this car used for deliveries and pick ups for our restaurant before i got my license. i dont remember what the mileage was when i got it but, currently i am somewhere in 224000 miles. the only problem i've had so far is transmission leak, alternator replacement, and wheel bearing replacement which are all understandable considering its an old car. i love this car and its the perfect first car for any driver. it handles like a beast on snow and grips beautifully on the pavement with its standard awd. keep in mind that my 1994 model can come without AWD but i strongly recomend you find an awd. it has a powerful engine and is actually the strongest and most reliable engine subaru has ever made. the engine on this car is also the basis for all current engines used today on a subaru. over all, this car is amazing and reliable and a fun car. it still drives like amazingly and i am still happy with this car. recomended whole heartedly to anybody who needs, wants, or is just looking to have fun.
  • 2002 Suzuki XL-7 Overall, been a very good SUV (has over 128,000miles) with fair gas mileage, nice interior, good space for people, groceries, etc Interior holds up well to wear and tear and the original paint job still looks good even with very little care. Repairs have been minimal; have had to replace one oxygen sensor and within weeks a second oxygen sensor needed to be replaced. The XL-7 has a total of 4 oxygen sensors and each cost approximately $400.00 apiece to replace (disappointing), Also has an unusual tire size which are more expensive and more difficult to find then other similar vehicles. Has some extras that most others don't ; automatic headlights, electric side mirrors, heated mirrors, individual reading lights, cruise control. Have had some trouble with the electrical system acting strange which may be related to the extras I've added to the vehicle - remote start, cell phone booster, etc. I highly recommend this vehicle and will buy another as needed.
  • 2000 Ford Taurus I bought my Taurus with around 70k miles on it and I have loved it apart from a major problem with the Transmission. It seems that these cars were built to go for not much more than 130k miles. Other than the I still own i and love it. I would recommend it to anyone.
  • 1991 Ford Escort i wish the horn would work
  • 2006 Buick Rendezvous had to replace heads at about 136,000 miles
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander I've had a couple of problems with the rear suspension, but nothing really major. The vehicle delivers a smooth stable ride and handles very well. Its a dependable vehicle (hasn't stranded me yet!)and quite comfortable on road trips.
  • 2007 Honda CR-V Great vehicle! Next to the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder I once owned, this is the best vehicle (least maintenance) I have ever had! But after only two years, power steering fluid is as thick as molasses? There may be a problem there~ Have this done before 40,000 miles (flush and refill), but don't allow Honda to do this procedure - they charge twice as much as your local service station (who can most certainly handle a 2007+ CR-V power steering flush~ Apart from that, I am thankful I spent a few thousand more up front to buy a Japanese-designed vehicle than an American piece of crap. The last three American cars I owned (and babied as I do all my vehicles) shut down on me WELL BEFORE THEIR TIME! This is an awesome ride and with GENEROUS FUEL SAVINGS to boot! Highly recommended!!!!!!
  • 2003 Toyota Camry The biggest problem that I have had with this car in the 5+ years I have owned it is with the door and truck locks. I have had to replace both driver side door lock actuators and repair the trunk lock, costing about $400 each time. The brakes "float" and always have, even on replacement. But they function fine. Otherwise, a very good and reliable car.
  • 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 The 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramine is possibly my favorite truck I have had thus far. It took every bit of 4x4 ABUSE I threw at it. Hauled some crazy above payload loads I put in it and kept cranking up for more every day. I drove it like a sports car (its very stiff suspension made this easy) and treated it like a 30 year old beater farm truck on the farm. The only issues I had were: At about 70k on it I blew a right front brake line and had to limp home and to a repair shop using my manual transmission for brakes. At around 80k the very heave tail pipe from the tip to around 2' back broke off and I had to have a new one welded on. My guess is from too much jumping and banging the poor truck all the time plus I am sure I have bottomed it out back there a few times. I did not even plan to trade it in but I was just looking at a lot as a lot of other truck loving guys do one day and got an offer I could not refuse on a new one that normally I would not afford. Pics http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2002%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/
  • 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 I am a 4th time Dodge Ram truck owner and this is my second 2500 4x4 in a row. This one was purchased new in late January of 2007 as a 06 model leftover. Inferno Red, Quad Cab,4x4, tow package, Bighorn, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Short bed. Pictures http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2006%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/ Got a $15k discount so even in the economic downturn I still owe less on it than it is worth. I liked the rear stiffness of my 02 better than the 06 but I LOVE how much quieter it is as I do not wake the neighbors when I leave. It has no problem towing anything I have thrown behind it and though it sits down a little more per pound loaded it has haulded all I have needed to haul with no issues. I tow a 6,000lb boat frequently during the summer along with the occasional 14,000lb buggy of fertalizer, 18,000lb load of hay bales and 2,500 lbs of rock salt in the bed. The stock tires only lasted me around 27,000 miles but that is most likely my driving habits as I met someone with the same truck and tires that got over 90k out of his and at the time has as much tread as I did. I wish the mirrors were more like my 02 as the tow mirrors on this model have more blind spots when in normal position and I don't want to be one of those a-holes driving around with them extended all the time like dumbo hogging up road space. Mine has the 6way power seat, DVD, etc in the interior and all work fine. The outside temp gauge however in the afternoons seems to take around 10 minutes to start updating. Thus far I am VERY happy with this truck but wish it had more than two grease fittings. And with all post 1980s cars the sheet metal could be a little thicker but it is thicker than the foreign models at least. :-) Driving it is nice and smooth for a 2500. Maybe a little tooo smooth for my likes of a heavy duty truck. This is my first automatic transmission in years as I have not trusted Dodge Automatics for along time. The tranny seems firm but I hate the way it can randomly shift since the amount of torque and horsepower this truck puts out can be an issue when it decides to downshift in the middle of a curve especially on slick roads. At first I had fuel economy issues even for a automatic (I expected it to use more than my manual shift ones) and finally I took it to a dealership who ran a program update on it and I gained about 5mpg economy which now puts it right where i would expect it with a 18mpg average. 16 city/20 highway. The heater fan in the past couple of months started vibrating a lot in the box so I need to take it in and have that serviced before my 36k mile warranty is up. Currently I have 32k on it or roughly 16k a year usage. Some of those miles are VERY rough farm miles in mud, rock, trees, etc. with loads in the back. Some are highway and a lot are country back roads into a mid sized city (Lexington KY) with a lot of stop and go to work during the weekdays.
  • 1990 Lexus ES250 Its a fun car to drive down the freeway. easy to find a parking space for. Great gas milage. However, it would be a little nicer if it had tilt steering. Repair costs can be quite expensive, but the make and year of the car says it all.
  • 2008 BMW 335xi I love everything about this car no problem yet.
  • 2004 Dodge Durango This is a review on my wife's 2004 Durango 4.7 liter. Everything on the vehicle still feels pretty solid. The only issue we have seen out of it is where the pipe from the exhaust manifolds comes down and connects to the reset of the exhaust the gasket keeps going bad and that point keeps getting loose. Also it appears there is no an issue with the left exhaust manifold itself and it will need to be replaced. If it were not for the exhaust issues and a couple times where her dash lights have done some strange things it would be a great vehicle. It still has taken a lot of miles and towing abuse so we can not complain too much just yet.
  • 2004 Ford Escape Problem with dead batteries.3 replacements. Replace alternator. No help from ford! Found out cause of electrical problems was bad GEM module. Had to trouble shoot myself. Had dead battery problems while still in warrenty, only to be told that there were no codes. Only 15000 miles. Also replaced front rotors and pads. For should had known about these problems.Otherwise satisified with vehicle in general.
  • 2005 Mazda MPV Over all I really like the car, I needed a van, that could fit in our drive way. Plus I always have at least 3 or 4 children with us. the problems I have had with this car, the brakes never seemed right and we purchased the car new from Tasca. The electrical system has has some problems, two radios have been replaced and wire to the spark plugs have burned out. The dealer has been right on top of most of the problems and has bent over backwards to satisfy us. I would buy another Mazada. That being said the everyday repairs you are better off going to your favorite service shop, when Tasca told me to fix my brakes was $84 per hour I almost fell down.
  • 1998 Honda Accord Great car, suspension is kinda soft! Very reliable
  • 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Currently having trouble with the heater. Right side vents blow cold air. There is also an intermittent leak that soaks the passenger side footwell. I've replaced the transmission and both front door window gear boxes. Not real happy with the vehicle other than looks.
  • 2000 Jeep Cherokee just got my 2000 jeep cherokee sport and i just love this vehicle. about to have new brake pads put on all around. also seems a squeaky belt needs to be replaced. plan on reconditioning the paint and doing a full exterior detail. the fun has begun.
  • 2008 Volkswagen GTI I love it! Everything is perfect from the back windshield wiper going on when it detects water when you back up to everything! lol
  • 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid I am very satisfied with this vehicle. The gas mileage for highway and city is 3-4 miles less than the factory estimate. For a mid sized crossover SUV this car performs very well.