Newest Reviews:
  • 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis My Grandma owns a 1994 Grand Marquis and I help her with it on occasion. She bought it new and it has great features considering when it was made. It has Ford's great burn me/freeze me settings on the AC/heater and the interior is quite comfortable. It's not a hot rod but the engine makes good power and has been reliable. The only problem in recent memory was an issue with the alternator bearing (replaced alternator). As a driver you feel a little disconnected from the road but that's really how the American luxury cars were in the 90s. Otherwise it handles pretty well.
  • 1995 Ford Thunderbird Owned this car (with 4.6 V8) for 5 years now, basically zero problems. Only had to replace a couple bad O2 sensors. Otherwise, pretty decent mileage on the highway, awesome power, and I can drive it anywhere and depend on it to get me there and home!
  • 1996 Toyota Avalon I love this car.... 1996 Avalan roomy- powerful - great engine
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD I bought my Silverado brand new in 2005. Love the truck and will have it for many years.
  • 2001 Lincoln Continental I really hated to see the end of production of one of the finest vehicles on the road. I have owned three, still own two and will keep one until I can no longer obtain parts or it just dies. Very comfortable, easy to drive, safe, and very stylish to boot.
  • 1995 Ford Escort I bought my Ford Escort 95 with around 10,000 miles. Right away the very first week it began to overheat, on my way to the dealer to have it check the car broke down in the middle of the freeway. They said that the radiator fan stopped working. After fixing this problem, it continued overheating. Plus countless troubles with the A/C, electric windows, noisy engine and brakes, this is the worst automobile I have owned.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 I found the information RepairPal provided in the common problems section to be helpful and very timely. The common problems around the drivetrain is what I was experiencing and I've been given an estimate of approximately 9k to replace transmission and many other items. Please know an independent certified MB technician found this problem NOT the MB dealership!!! I ask how can a transmission have to be replaced in 2008 for a 2007 100k+ car? Let's see if MB will own up to this being a faulty transmission!
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Montero We have been driving our 2003 Montero primarily here in the winter and it handles all conditions with ease. We have the 3.5L V6 so it has decent power, but the fuel mileage sure is poor. Really a solid vehicle!
  • 2003 Toyota Tacoma I've had my 2003 Tacoma since it was new and I've put 112,000 miles on it. I set up the back like a little camper and drive it all over the states and it hasn't ever left me stranded. It struggles up hill sometime, so I wish it had more power, but otherwise it's great. I wish the seats were better, and I wish I could see the clock!
  • 2007 Dodge Magnum I bought my 2007 Dodge Magnum used and I love it. My brother got an '05 and after that I had to have one. I have very few things I don't like about it. Some of the platics havea a poor fit and finish, but 90% of it is great. The cargo room is great and the comfort level is a big plus on that car. The gas milage is great I get about 24 mpg on average with the 3.5L. Plenty of power for what i use it for, mainly highway and some city. I upgraded the headlight bulbs to a Xenon since the originals were kinda dim, which is the best upgrade thus far. I switch from the Goodyears that were on it to a nicer set of Michelins and am much happier with the ride and comfort. All in all, this is a great car that has lot of positive German manufacturing influence in its blood. I definately love my Magnum and look forward to driving it everyday.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Passat I thought this car was amazing when i bought it. It got the new body style, all the options, and 106,000 miles for 8,400 dollars. I had my nice car for the first time ever, and then started realizing just how horrible of a car it was. It had a lot of perks and nice things about it. But all those things hid the fact that the car was expensive to fix, and wasn't worth much. The steering was giving me all sorts of problems, and the windows decided when they wanted to work. part of the dash readout decided when the lights wanted to fade and not show me all my mileage and everything. There were noises in the suspension that were checked by 3 shops. Each said there was no problem, just an annoyance. Small parts broke here and there as well. The kicker is that the car was actually not worth much at all. At it's mileage I could hardly get 5,000 out of it. for trade in, they wanted to give me 2,000. I finally got a family friend to give me the 5,000 because I needed out. oh, and a 5 dollar gasket for the turbo cost 200 to replace.
  • 1992 BMW 750iL Took my buddies car out on the open road and at 120mph it feels like 60mph, what smooth power this V12 has but the rear leveling struts went out and he had to order them from germany about $1500 each plus shipping OUCH!!
  • 1993 Acura Vigor My CPA has had this Acura since it was new and has had problems with the brakes from day one.The drivetrain and interior are holding up well. But he says its very reliable.
  • 2007 Ford F-150 Actually own a 2008 KingRanch 4x4 and I freaking love this vehicle. I dumped off my 06' dodge 4x4 diesel Laramie which was the BIGGEST waste of money. The ford is awesome and very much satisfied with the built of this truck versus competitors.
  • 2007 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Extremely impressed with this vehicle. I have owned a 96' 2001' models prior and this one SMOKES THEM ALL! The power is very very impressive and the 4x4 is equally impressive driving through snow and rain. My wife loves the auto start which even remembers on its own to engage heated seats and heat when starting with remote start. The nav and back up camera are very much appreciated options along with entertainment system for our little ones. BUY ONE....YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! PS; I traded in my Mercedez G500 for this Yukon and have never felt bad for doing it. LOVE THIS YUKON....
  • 2001 Nissan Altima Indomitable! The Nissan Altima just would not die. The engine has been no problems, the interior and radio are still working just great. No problems. Really reliable and low maintenance prices.
  • 1990 Oldsmobile 88 Okay--I had an '87 88, but I have to review the car anyway, as it was my first. Strong engine, and absolutely a Detroit tank of a car, but it was comfortable as hell and low-maintenance. Problems: the headliner will sag on you as only GM headliners can. You will develop timing chain and valve problems over time.
  • 2002 Ford Explorer 2002 Explorer- 6 cyl. Bought the car new in 2002. Now have 106500 miles on it. 4 wheel Auto not working but manual low 4 wheel drive does. Replaced breaks and tires around 80,000. also had to replace wheel bearings and differential seal. at various times. Have an "annoyance" with the gas gage working intermittently in cold weather. Still love to drive it! Gas milage is about 22 MPG.
  • 1990 Volvo 240 I drove this Volvo though out most of high school and college. While the 244GL was a safe car, it didn't have much else to offer. The Volvo repair shop was a frequent destination while owning this car. I had a massive folder full of repair receipts that almost bring tears to my eyes just thinking about it. The Volvo had a 3-speed automatic transmission that would skip 2nd gear, electrical problems that caused the alternator to die in the middle of a busy freeway late at night and a pathetically weak engine that would only go 85mph downhill. On top of that, the car got only 15mpg. Also it was not a chick magnet. Needless to say I do not miss that boxy beast.
  • 2006 Pontiac Vibe This is a great, reliable car for the money. We have the 1.8 litre engine and get 32-35 mpg although it doesn't have much power. A good trade for us. The only disappointment has been the lack of the roof rack cross members. GM is charging $140 for something that should have come with the car!
  • 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee This is the second 1997 Grand Cherokee that I have owned. I searched out the twin to my original one because I enjoyed it so much. I have found that keeping up with small maintenance items keeps this a very comfortable and reliable vehicle. Two minor complaints 1) When using 4 wheel the front-end can seem a bit noisy. Just keep parts lubricated 2) Wish gas mileage was a bit higher. Caution on brakes - rotors can be warped very easily if wheel nuts are not properly torqued into place. Use a torque wrench instead of torque sticks or guns and you can extend life of rotors greatly. I also had a 2003 GC and enjoyed it as well but it had an almost sporty ride while this model screams luxury.
  • 1991 Toyota Corolla If you take care of your Corolla with regular maintenance, you'll be rewarded with YEARS and YEARS of excellent, reliable service. Mine starts right off in cold or hot weather and the engine is still running strong well after 100,000 miles!
  • 2005 Honda Element This is the perfect car for me and my dogs. I take them to all the parks around town and they love it too! We have had to replace the alternator and the radiator, but otherwise it's great!
  • 1992 GMC Suburban 1500 I had this Suburban for 10 years and it did not hold up well. I had to replace the transmission and the rear end when it had less than 100,000 miles. The air conditioning vents were falling off, the headliner sagged, it handled terribly (it is a massive vehicle)...overall just not a nice vehicle to drive. I finally donated it to charity since it was more expensive to fix than it was worth.
  • 1997 Toyota Camry Drives like a Toyota should.
  • 1992 Mercury Capri A fun car. Not a lot of power/pick up on the lower end engine. Soft top has a bunch of leaks, but otherwise simple design and solid construction. No real mechanical trouble
  • 2006 Toyota Highlander About the Highlander V6 3.3 Liter, 4WD. Pros: powerful engine, good brakes. Cons: not really 7 passengers Toyota SUV
  • 1998 Mercury Mystique This car I would not recommend to anyone, The engine light stays on no matter how much maintaince you have done on the car.
  • 2003 Hyundai Tiburon just learning about my new car
  • 1997 Chrysler LHS I bought my 1997 Chrysler LHS used on 2/14/99 with 38,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems with it in the 10 years that I have had it. It now has 107,000+ miles on it and runs like it did when I first got it. I found it to be a very reliable car. I do regular maintennamce on it and couldn't ask for a better car. ESC-Stoughton, MA