Newest Reviews:
  • 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Having persistent problems with electric system. It's as if there is a ghost in there. Hazard lights go off at will - windshield washer comes on once every other day - and not a drop of rain falling here in south Texas! Have had to replace the CD/Radio three times . Knobs fall off the seat control.... But I love this car--am fortunate to have an excellent VW dealer.
  • 2006 Nissan Titan love it, Its the best truck i ever had. I also have a chevy and a ford. Both of which are good trucks. But the Nissan is most impressive. My chevy has 59000 miles the ford has 89000 mile and the nissan has 50000 miles. All my trucks were brand new. I am a roofer and these trucks take a beating; hauling, and towing.
  • 2003 Mazda Tribute I have had to repeatedly take my Tribute in for the airbag sensors that keep failing on both sides of the vehicle. If you google that you will see more people with the same problem. Mazda still can't figure out the solution. As soon as they change the sensors, a week later quit again. Now I'm riding around with no airbags due to this problem. Also, some nuts behind the wheel rusted off and caused my brakes not to work correctly until replaced.
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Alero This has been an awesome car!
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG This is one of the fastest cars ever. It may not be #1 in speed, but it has to be in the top 10 if not the top 5. The attention to detail in the whole car is second to none. On the negative side, the gas mileage is not the best, but what do you expect out of a supercharged, 500 HP V8 anyway? 15-17 MPG anyway you drive it and all you can handle and 19-21 with your foot out of it and driving the speed limit. I'm glad gas is still cheap. I highly recommend any Mercedes to own and drive, but if you want to be able to take another couple with you or four of your friends in a premium well built luxury car and be able to out perform and flat out "OUTRUN" 99.9% of any car on the road, then you might want to consider the E55 AMG. The sports car hidden in a four door sedan. It's o.k. if you don't take my word on it, just read the history of Mercedes-Benz, AMG or anyone who owns one. By the way, if you do get a E55 AMG, always drive the speed limit, get a great detector or attorney. It will make your life and your drive more enjoyable, I guarantee it. Forget the Bowflex.
  • 1992 Nissan Pathfinder This vehicle has had a few problems in the 10 years I have owned it, transmission failure, exhaust manifold leaks, and a few misc. electrical problems. It works great in the snow and off road too. Overall, this has been a great vehicle and I am very happy with it!
  • 1997 Toyota Tacoma I have a 1997 Tacoma with over 260,000 miles and is still running strong. The engine (3.4L) is big enough to handle a fully loaded 12' trailer or small boat and on the highway, I', getting about 22 miles to the gallon. No complaints, great truck with minimal mechanical issues!
  • 1999 Chrysler LHS I bought my 1999 Chrysler LHS used in summer of 2000 with 23,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems with it in the 10 years that I have had it. It now has 113,000+ miles on it and runs almost as good as the day I got it. I found it to be a very reliable car. In the past year I had to replace a few things on it. I do regular maintennamce on it and couldn't ask for a better car. msdevry - elmhurst IL
  • 1998 Honda Civic I purchased a used 1998 Honda LX - 150,000. one month later I had to ferret out a worn wire casing causing a ground. Two sources helped Hondatech and alldata. I am annoyed by the electrical issues, however, the car handles well - fits me comfortably at 6 ft tall- and gets an average of 42 mpg.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Bought this '01 Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6 in mid-Oct 2008 with 64,000 miles on it. Car ran great when I purchased it, but shortly after I decided to do some tuneup work on the car is when the problems started happening... I first changed the oil and oil filter, air filter and had no problems there. Then I decided to change the belts and hoses and flush the cooling system...that's where the first major issue happened. After flushing the cooling system, I didn't change the thermostat because it seemed to be working ok but after flushing it about 1,000 miles later, my temperature gauge stop working. I then decided to change the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor since they were next to each other. Pretty crazy just to replace one if I wasn't sure of the problem. Well, that took care of that problem...until the heater & a/c stopped working when it was below freezing!!! Checked fuses and relays and it wasn't that...wasn't the motor either...ended up being the blower motor resistor....another stupid part burnt up!! After that I noticed that my car was running lean after pulling the plugs out to check them. Wasn't sure what was causing it but later but figured out that it might've been the whole cooling system thing that caused it....which somehow screwed up the catalytic converter which needed to be replaced too because somehow one day, the car was unable to drive because it was loud and horrible sounding!! After changing the converter, it took care of that, all worked great until the coolant level sensor went out. Still haven't replaced it...not a big deal to me. Car isn't leaking coolant and it's full. Changed the spark plugs and wires and all of that is fine...but now about 10,000 miles later, I'm having an issue with the security light on my dash flickering and the door locks locking and unlocking on their own and the headlights and interior lights flickering. It's becoming a pain right now! From what I hear this is another common occurence on these cars... Heard the problem is the BCM aka Body Control Module. Haven't replaced it yet but will soon! Good thing I know how to work on cars otherwise all of this would've costed me a fortune at a garage! Other issue that I have with the vehicle is the clunking and rattling sound in the steering column/shaft...It's coming from the intermediate shaft...again, another common issue with most GM cars.. Haven't replaced it yet or greased the shaft yet. You can still drive around the way it is until it just gets to you too much to the point you need to replace it. One last thing that I'll need to replace sometime in the next 25,000-50,000 will be the gaskets on the intake and possible head gasket... Again, another common issue on most GM vehicles from 2000-2005..they used these really crappy gaskets that are paper thin and don't last long! Beyond all of that that I have mentioned... I guess you could say its a good car..lol This is the first car that I've dropped this much money in in less than 25,000 miles worth of ownership... I sure do miss my old Buick!!
  • 1998 Honda CR-V We love this car- runs great! Bought it at Tampa Hondaland in Florida, with 40,000 miles, now has over 137,000. Minor AC problems, and front rotor warpage- other than that, great on gas. We religiously change the oil/filter every 3,000 miles!
  • 2005 Buick Terraza We love this van (SUV) it has everything we could ask for. There are a few short falls and that is with storage inside for small items. Besides the clove box there is no extra places to store any CD or Videos for the DVD Player located over head between the front seats. The sound system is great so is the cordless head-phones that helps to keep the kids quite and occupied while the rest of the passengers can talk without the loud noise from music or movies.
  • 1995 Mercury Mystique This car, although it appears to be a low-end basic vehicle, has been a pretty decent car. I purchased it from an original owner that took good care of it. It now has 120,000 miles on it and it's just now starting to experience some overheating/antifreeze loss issues. Pros - good gas mileage, peppy 4 cyl. engine and ok body style. Cons - noisy engine, headlight covers,over a period of time, turn yellowish and cause the headlights to dim, trunk seal is weak and causes leakage.
  • 1999 Chrysler Town & Country I bought this used and have had problems since from the transmission to the brakes. Cant say whether that is because of the vehicle or from the previuos owner though. It does have a comfortable ride . Takes a long while to warm up on those cold morings.
  • 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 i will never own another dodge truck! had several problems with air conditioning, drive train, power steering and now compression issues with 74k miles. very bad purchase!
  • 1994 Toyota 4Runner Had a few issues with rear springs, like many in this year range. Also have always been leery of the reported HG problems, although I've seen nothing on mine yet. Overall, great feeling truck.
  • 1999 Dodge Intrepid Purchase a 1999 Dogde Intrepid from a auction On August 1,2008. December 24,2008 the timing Chain broke, which I was told bend the pistons or valves on the motor. so the motor needs to be rebuilt or replace. both cost to much very disapointed in this car would not recomend to anyone. Also the rear passenger window would not come back-up once let down unless you manually pull uo.
  • 2001 Nissan Frontier I have over 150,000 miles on my truck. Overall there been very few problems other than routine things. With the higher milege I am starting to see some problems with the suspension, but other than that a great car.
  • 1995 Honda Civic del Sol Great car for the price.
  • 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante I really enjoy the car. It has really good power. Sound system doesn't really need add ons. Smooth and quiet after 160k + miles. Recommend buy.
  • 2006 Acura TL I love this car.
  • 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Overall I love the car. I have had a few issues that have yet to be resolved. Otherwise, the drive is smooth and comfortable. It is very roomy.
  • 2005 Saturn Ion Red Line Awesome car. I've had a few transmission problems, but most of them were the shops fault. Over all i couldn't ask for a better car for the money
  • 2002 Dodge Dakota Purchased w/ 32,000 miles and now has 86,000 miles. Problems are: PCM went dead, crankshaft sensor went out and now pressure sensor going out in tranny. Special order part takes 5 days and now I am w/o a truck. Good truck, to many sensors that go bad.
  • 2000 Nissan Altima I loved this car but I had several front disc brake jobs and they still made noise and I got fed up with it so I traded it for a new vehicle. It had great pep and handling.
  • 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Right after I bought this new the computer module went out and it took alomst a week to get replaced because it was a new model. I have not had a problem since and it is now 7 years since I bought it. It gets great mileage for a full size truck with 14-15 in town and 20-22 on the road at 60+ mph. It now has almost 100K and runds great.
  • 2006 Dodge Magnum This is a great riding car. I find that the front end of this car is too low. One time when backing up after scraping a parking barrier it tore the bumper loose partially. With that said the underside has an engine/oilpan cover that scrapes on curbs and parking cement stops ripped off and had to be removed. It did not affect the mileage and once removed made it easy to change the oil should you want to do so.
  • 1998 Dodge Intrepid Bought this vehicle new at the Portland Auto Show with every option available. I have enjoyed the car since; it is very comfortable and interior is well planned with good design of controls, etc. The 3.2 liter engine has great power and the car handles well. Transmission failed at 74000 miles and was covered by warranty. No other major problems other than normal maintenance issues to be expected of a car of this age. I have the oil changed every 3000 miles without fail and have all other recommended preventive services done on time. 167000 miles and going great.
  • 1993 GMC Suburban 1500 249,000 miles and still going strong. 350 with 2 wheel drive.
  • 2003 Saturn Vue I love my 2003 VUE. 139,000 miles, still going strong. V-6 with plenty of punch, All wheel drive, 7" ground clearance and no body rust susceptiblity. 20 to 21 mpg normally in all kinds of driving, up to 24.5 if I stick to the speed limit on the highway. I have had problem with injector fouling after getting some bad gas, and a few other repairs, but nothing I would fault the car for. Tremendously versitile vehicle.