Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought a 2001 with 6 miles on it ( she now has 149000! ), and have been 90% thrilled and 10% pissed. Everything with this SUV is fine, great even- except for really one thing: paint issues. The fiberglass hood is corroding, which is weird, and Ford knows about the problem but wont fix it, even under warranty. So Im not happy with those prcks for that, but otherwise she is a great truck! I will run her till she drops, and may get another one, if I gt past there poor customer response.
jeep will not start no power to the coil will roll over fine was always hard to start now it won't start at all please help
I have over 190k miles on this car and I really like it still. The only problems are that the ext. paint has spotty oxidation (sort of) that keeps getting worse and the cloth seats wore through sooner than I expected. In 10/96, I was having intermittant problems with it starting and had the battery, starter and battery terminals changed. It was wet weather that Oct, and now, all of a sudden after a big rainstorm, it again died and wouldn't start. Otherwise, it's a zippy little car and living in the mtns, I find it fun to drive the mtn roads. It handles well and hugs the road.
1998 Mercury Mystique
DO NOT BUY!!!

Fuse Box ... NO GOOD!
I had it rewired, replaced and worked on numerous times and my car still cuts off on me while driving from the starter relay connection in the fuse box, on the freeway!
My brake rotars has grooves in it as if someone dragged their fingers through sand. i had the a/c condensor replaced and the car itself poked a whole in it and released all the new freon in it. My fuel pump went out and i just had it replaced, and the steering is bad, never has been in an accident.
you can tell i love my 95 tahoe hence the name tahoejoe lol. bought mine used with 50k. now at 152k she is still going strong. no major problems. drove her from georgia to california with no problems. the body is great. its big and roomy. i feel safe when i'm driving her. the greatest product to leave GM's vault. love it.
bought this car for the wife brand new with 1 mile on it. now at 92,000 the only thing i've done is 2 batteries, brakes, plugs, cam positioning sensor, and 02 sensor. i,m a techician so i do all the work myself. I love this car. really good car.
We purchased are Bimmer in 2007 with 87,500 mls on it. A year later I replaced the alternator and the radiator. We went on one trip in it to Tampa, Fl and it handled superb. Overall we are happy with our 540i.
Except for some minor repair problems which are associated with normal wear and tear of usage, this is a fine automobilr. We love it and are happy that we purchased it in 2007.
Excellent machine I love it.
I own the 3.8 L, which has good power and great breaking, suspension and road handling. The big problem with this car is that the alternator is not powerful enough for everything electrical in the car (mine's loaded), so it fails every 18 - 24 months. Car's compact, sleek profile makes for cramped engine compartment, so the usual problem with most cars of access for maintenance is not on the light side of averages here, and headroom is inadequate for a person over 6'1" tall, but seats are comfortable, for long trips too, even if lower back problems abound. Fuel economy is NOT at or above the revised 19 overall, more like 17. I get 18-19 on trips, cruising at 75, about 14-15 city. Got screwed out of the Clunkers deal by the wrong number assigned for this car's 19 overall mpg.
Owned since Nov. 2005, only problem was a wheel speed sensor. Great gas mileage, 36mpg on highway. Took on 800 mi. trip, comfort level was good. Would have to recommend this car. Too bad they named it Cavalier, as it is nothing like the predecessor at all.
I have actually had the pleasure of seeing and driving one of these trucks with more than 300k miles on it.
I would have to rate it an excellent truck because of how well it still performs and drives.
Toyota could have made the cams direct gear drive and put hydraulic auto adjust valves in the unit which would have made it much more maintenance free. Standard glass headlights would have been a nice option as well and would have offered more options in improving visibility in bad weather conditions.
Truck is much more solid and much more rust free than its Tacoma sibling.
This unit is stable under load and handles well in adverse conditions. Ride is athletic and response is stout and sure.
Good truck with lots of torque and perky power. Will not win the indy 500 but when you are hauling things, you have to be careful and easy.
Easy to work on and straight forward. Lots of upgrade parts from newer years are backwards compatible to make this vehicle more capable. Use alternators from 98 to 02 Toyota trucks for more amps.
I give this one 4 out of 5. F-150 gets 2 out of 5 and chevy-dodge is not even on the map. Too many problems.
We bought our 2006 last year from CarMax with 11,000 miles on it.
I have had several Mustangs over my 64 years and this one is at the top! The GT is great!! 5 speed manual transmission and 26.5 mph on regular and you do not even know you're already going 85mph.
Only problem we have is with the CD player which seems to skip. Ford has not been able to fix the problem even after replacing with a re-manufactured unit and then a "new" unit.
My wife drives the GT mostly and although the car's real potential is wasted on her, I make up for it when I get to drive...
Great Car!!
Bought new in July 2005, currently has 62,000 miles. Apart from oil changes, still on original tires (which need replacing), rear left passenger window and rear windshield wiper no longer worker. Oh, and the CD palyer has been jammed for 6 months. Electrics are clearly not this car's strong points. Other than that, love this car...
I bought this car new in 02. It only has 60,000 km on it. I've had ongoing problems with brakes, rotors. The power steering pump went in it in Jan 09, then the rack went in it in Feb 09. I replaced the water pump today. now there's a squeaking noise coming from the front end.
Amazing Car!
toe arm broke on rear axle at 97,500
struts replaced at 117,500
harmonic balancer broke at 117,700 - should have totalled the car if I hadn't pulled over immediately

has been a good car but those were NOT cheap repairs
My truck has been very dependable and versatile, whether taking my family of six on a 2000 mile road trip or hauling loads of sheetrock and yard debris. Trim seems to hold together, except the color coating on my dashboard is peeling off -- revealing its true color, black. Paint has stayed true. Suspension handles well on and off road. It's a nice tough truck.
I have owned this vehicle (V6) since 2002 and very happy with it.
We have driven our 96 RL 142,000 mi. And Love the car but we have had to repair the transmission 3 times. Because of something shearing in the differential area which I understand was a recall issue in the past. Shame that it can't be more dependable ! Can't decide to replace the tranny with a used one and try again ?
I love this car (I have had 2 previous Prius's
The only conpaint I have is the body seems to be made from the lightest and cheapest material Toyota could find. By even looking at the car, you seem to get a dent !! Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a fun and gas sipper for a car.
I bought the XR-7 built to my specifications brand new. It has given me good service over the past 16 years. My annual costs for fuel and maintenance were about $6,000/year until this year. Time finally caught up to the vehicle and I had to have the transmission overhauled at something over 131,000 miles. The odometer died at 131,501 and can't be replaced according to the FMC folks. The remote and alarm functions of the security system bit the dust, but the rest of the system appears to work okay. There have been no major problems over the years and I have been quite happy with my car. Too bad the Ford Motor Company (FMC) no longer makes cars like this and no one else seems to make them at the right price either.
The MB E320 is a great car overall, we have been very pleased with it since buying it used last year.

Pros:
Very comfortable, yet responsive ride. Handles the snow surprisingly well.
Huge trunk and reasonably spacious back seat. Fits 3 in a pinch.
Solid feel, good fit and finish, and a great safety record.
Better gas mileage than I expected. We get 30+ on the highway with the V6.

Cons:
Repair costs are higher than average.
Plastic front bumper has peeling clear coat. I am not sure if there was a repair, but not the best finish on the bumpers.

Great car overall, a pleasure to drive and a sharp looking car as well. I would buy another if I could find a station wagon.
2001 car has its old age problems typical of an older car.
great value. 99k. Ignition switch went out, EGR bad, catilytic converter went bad - all of these replaced by Honda for free!!!! Just did the timing belt, etc so ready for another 100k. You can buy the brake pads and rotors on ebay for $116.
This is my second Vibe. I needed a car to get back and forth to work. It runs great. I have no complaints about how it handles and such. I had to get the Front windows fixed (there is a free recall). Also, the fit and finish is not as nice as our 2006 Vibe. It looks like it was the first one off the assembly line. It has 110,000 miles on it, so some things, I am sure, have been abused. The hatch window does not open. All in all, a good car. Oh yea, and the car came with the roof rack complete! Apparently they saved money after 2003 and made you buy it separate.
Awesome car that just keeps on running - forever. Best gas mileage in any car I've ever owned. It passes gas stations ALWAYS! The heater blows heat in 5 minutes and you'll think you're in Egypt with pyramids and sand dunes. Engine is reliable, little to no maintenance with regular oil changes since 1990. Its 09 and still have original brake parts - can't wear this thing out.
Ideal car!
i own a 93 standard trans eurovan mv.
i cant figure out why the coolant light flashes but i love my van!
I got my 1992 Ford Escort GT 4 months ago. It currently has 325,000+ miles. It sat for two years before I got it on the road and now I am having a few problems with it. The electrical seat belts no longer work (not a problem with the fuses), the interior fan does not operate on 4, but will occasionally turn on, part of my instrument panel does not light up unless i smack the dash, my shift lights don't work, and there is a rattle in the motor. The trani shifts hard and there are many leaks consisting of oil and coolant... from multiple places. Despite all of this.. I love my escort. Had a 94' escort wagon before this that got to 217,000. I'm hoping to see 400,000 with this one. ^_^