Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 Hyundai Elantra this car is absolutely amazing for the price you can't beat it!
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR I've been driving the HHR for a few months and I'm quite surprised by the "feel" of this car. It's steering is very responsive, the ride is solid and the cabin noise is very low. My only gripe is the 2.4L is a little underpowered during acceleration and it sounds funny. Once your up to speed, the power is adequate.
  • 2005 Volkswagen GTI I like driving the Volkswagen GTI, the Tiptronic Automatic Transmission is fun to drive. Nice interior, great response, good brakes. Something to be careful of is that you better replace the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles to keep the engine in good condition. Easy to park in San Francisco. The 4-Cyl. 1.8L Turbo is a gas saver 24-31 MPG.
  • 1993 Mazda 323 OK, so this car isn't as nice as a Honda Accord, Honda Civic, or even the nicer Mazdas like the 626 or MX-6, but these Mazda 323 cars run like champs. Take a licking and keep on ticking. This car was almost never in the repair shop. It needed the basic engine maintenance and brake jobs, but other than that there were nno problems. It's not going to win you any dates or turn any heads outside the club, but it will get you to the club every time when other people are walking or riding with a friend. Simple, basic, great car.
  • 2005 Honda Civic What a fantastic little workhorse! I love this car for its reliability and excellent gas mileage - it never ends up in the shop. The repair and maintenance on this car is most affordable (that's because it really never needs any repairs). For the amazingly low price, I think the car is designed nicely - and it's easy to park in a big city. Both the hybrid and gas version have excellent gas mileage.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta The car burns an excessive amount of oil (a quart every week or two). There are many problems wrong with the electrical system, recently the brakelights turn on by themselves after the car is shut off and it has killed the battery. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR EVER!
  • 1998 Toyota Camry I had the Camry for about 7 years and it started to go downhill towards the end. I have high expectations for Toyota since they are supposed to be the most reliable but I found little things going wrong and needing repair like the dashboard lights and window switches. The engine also had some oil leaks which required the valve cover gasket to be replaced. The car never handled very well. Initially it handled like a boat so I put some aftermarket wheels and sport springs on the camry and they ended up rubbing inside the fender wells when I would hit a bump so it was never quite right. I decided to get a Honda for my next car and that has been better.
  • 2005 Honda Accord The Accord has been a pleasure to own. It drives smoothly, has pretty good acceleration (I have the V6) and has been very very reliable. I did get a check engine light once which turned out to be a bad catalytic converter so that needed to be repaired. That was replaced by Honda at no charge because Honda has an extended emissions warranty. I definitely will consider buying another Honda in the future, or maybe an Acura!
  • 2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2001 Allroad Quattro: Really like the car when there are no problems. But, it seems that there is always something that needs repairing, from broken armrest cover to rear wheel bearings, timing belts, vacuum problems, electrical problems,tire issues... Also, very expensive to maintain. I am not sure what my next vehicle will be... Overall I would give the Allroad Quattro a 6 out of 10.
  • 2007 Toyota Prius My pal needed an SUV to take his family to the snow for a week and I offered to let him use mine, in trade for his spanking-new Prius. After less than a week we were ready to trade back. Decent vehicle but not much fun to drive, and the car beeping at the driver when the gear selector is in reverse reeks of the ultimate in 'you can't possibly be smart enough to realize you just put the car in reverse' mentality. No thanks!
  • 1990 Volkswagen GTI good
  • 2006 Nissan Sentra great!
  • 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 I bought this from a co-worker a year ago. It’s a 4x4 340 engine. It had 219k miles when I got it. It now has 223k. I had one minor problem, a break line go. He changed the oil every 2500-3000 mi. I am doing the same. It has been a great truck. When it dies and I need a new truck it will be a Dodge Ram 1500.
  • 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Stow and go is great. Big seats are comfortable. Entertainment system continues to work as promised. Only has 68000, electric doors broke, rack and pinion broke, water pump replaced (under warranty), engine growls, front end makes a 'click' when the steering wheel is turned, brakes are way undersized (means you have to replace them often), dealer charges $150 to 'reprogram' the transmission. Looks good but the hard engineering was over looked when they designed this van.
  • 2005 GMC Envoy I love my Envoy. The 30,000 mile tune up was a little expensive. Had to replace drums and break pads at 30,000. Thought that was to soon. The garage wanted 1000.00 to have them done. Had mechanic do side job. parts and labor less than 400.00
  • 1994 Toyota Pickup These trucks are fantastic with the 22RE 4 cylinder. You have to watch out for the timing chain rattle because the plastic guides wear after a while. If the chain breaks or comes off the gears you might be looking at a new engine because the chain usually breaks through a coolant passage on the block. My truck only has 140K miles but the trucks I drove during school for a parts house were getting 25mpg and had 286,000 miles!! Do the simple maintenance and these trucks will run and run. Don't let them overheat or you might need a head gasket
  • 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis My Grandma owns a 1994 Grand Marquis and I help her with it on occasion. She bought it new and it has great features considering when it was made. It has Ford's great burn me/freeze me settings on the AC/heater and the interior is quite comfortable. It's not a hot rod but the engine makes good power and has been reliable. The only problem in recent memory was an issue with the alternator bearing (replaced alternator). As a driver you feel a little disconnected from the road but that's really how the American luxury cars were in the 90s. Otherwise it handles pretty well.
  • 1995 Ford Thunderbird Owned this car (with 4.6 V8) for 5 years now, basically zero problems. Only had to replace a couple bad O2 sensors. Otherwise, pretty decent mileage on the highway, awesome power, and I can drive it anywhere and depend on it to get me there and home!
  • 1996 Toyota Avalon I love this car.... 1996 Avalan roomy- powerful - great engine
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD I bought my Silverado brand new in 2005. Love the truck and will have it for many years.
  • 2001 Lincoln Continental I really hated to see the end of production of one of the finest vehicles on the road. I have owned three, still own two and will keep one until I can no longer obtain parts or it just dies. Very comfortable, easy to drive, safe, and very stylish to boot.
  • 1995 Ford Escort I bought my Ford Escort 95 with around 10,000 miles. Right away the very first week it began to overheat, on my way to the dealer to have it check the car broke down in the middle of the freeway. They said that the radiator fan stopped working. After fixing this problem, it continued overheating. Plus countless troubles with the A/C, electric windows, noisy engine and brakes, this is the worst automobile I have owned.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 I found the information RepairPal provided in the common problems section to be helpful and very timely. The common problems around the drivetrain is what I was experiencing and I've been given an estimate of approximately 9k to replace transmission and many other items. Please know an independent certified MB technician found this problem NOT the MB dealership!!! I ask how can a transmission have to be replaced in 2008 for a 2007 100k+ car? Let's see if MB will own up to this being a faulty transmission!
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Montero We have been driving our 2003 Montero primarily here in the winter and it handles all conditions with ease. We have the 3.5L V6 so it has decent power, but the fuel mileage sure is poor. Really a solid vehicle!
  • 2003 Toyota Tacoma I've had my 2003 Tacoma since it was new and I've put 112,000 miles on it. I set up the back like a little camper and drive it all over the states and it hasn't ever left me stranded. It struggles up hill sometime, so I wish it had more power, but otherwise it's great. I wish the seats were better, and I wish I could see the clock!
  • 2007 Dodge Magnum I bought my 2007 Dodge Magnum used and I love it. My brother got an '05 and after that I had to have one. I have very few things I don't like about it. Some of the platics havea a poor fit and finish, but 90% of it is great. The cargo room is great and the comfort level is a big plus on that car. The gas milage is great I get about 24 mpg on average with the 3.5L. Plenty of power for what i use it for, mainly highway and some city. I upgraded the headlight bulbs to a Xenon since the originals were kinda dim, which is the best upgrade thus far. I switch from the Goodyears that were on it to a nicer set of Michelins and am much happier with the ride and comfort. All in all, this is a great car that has lot of positive German manufacturing influence in its blood. I definately love my Magnum and look forward to driving it everyday.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Passat I thought this car was amazing when i bought it. It got the new body style, all the options, and 106,000 miles for 8,400 dollars. I had my nice car for the first time ever, and then started realizing just how horrible of a car it was. It had a lot of perks and nice things about it. But all those things hid the fact that the car was expensive to fix, and wasn't worth much. The steering was giving me all sorts of problems, and the windows decided when they wanted to work. part of the dash readout decided when the lights wanted to fade and not show me all my mileage and everything. There were noises in the suspension that were checked by 3 shops. Each said there was no problem, just an annoyance. Small parts broke here and there as well. The kicker is that the car was actually not worth much at all. At it's mileage I could hardly get 5,000 out of it. for trade in, they wanted to give me 2,000. I finally got a family friend to give me the 5,000 because I needed out. oh, and a 5 dollar gasket for the turbo cost 200 to replace.
  • 1992 BMW 750iL Took my buddies car out on the open road and at 120mph it feels like 60mph, what smooth power this V12 has but the rear leveling struts went out and he had to order them from germany about $1500 each plus shipping OUCH!!
  • 1993 Acura Vigor My CPA has had this Acura since it was new and has had problems with the brakes from day one.The drivetrain and interior are holding up well. But he says its very reliable.
  • 2007 Ford F-150 Actually own a 2008 KingRanch 4x4 and I freaking love this vehicle. I dumped off my 06' dodge 4x4 diesel Laramie which was the BIGGEST waste of money. The ford is awesome and very much satisfied with the built of this truck versus competitors.