Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Bought new in July 2005, currently has 62,000 miles. Apart from oil changes, still on original tires (which need replacing), rear left passenger window and rear windshield wiper no longer worker. Oh, and the CD palyer has been jammed for 6 months. Electrics are clearly not this car's strong points. Other than that, love this car...
I bought this car new in 02. It only has 60,000 km on it. I've had ongoing problems with brakes, rotors. The power steering pump went in it in Jan 09, then the rack went in it in Feb 09. I replaced the water pump today. now there's a squeaking noise coming from the front end.
Amazing Car!
toe arm broke on rear axle at 97,500
struts replaced at 117,500
harmonic balancer broke at 117,700 - should have totalled the car if I hadn't pulled over immediately

has been a good car but those were NOT cheap repairs
My truck has been very dependable and versatile, whether taking my family of six on a 2000 mile road trip or hauling loads of sheetrock and yard debris. Trim seems to hold together, except the color coating on my dashboard is peeling off -- revealing its true color, black. Paint has stayed true. Suspension handles well on and off road. It's a nice tough truck.
I have owned this vehicle (V6) since 2002 and very happy with it.
We have driven our 96 RL 142,000 mi. And Love the car but we have had to repair the transmission 3 times. Because of something shearing in the differential area which I understand was a recall issue in the past. Shame that it can't be more dependable ! Can't decide to replace the tranny with a used one and try again ?
I love this car (I have had 2 previous Prius's
The only conpaint I have is the body seems to be made from the lightest and cheapest material Toyota could find. By even looking at the car, you seem to get a dent !! Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a fun and gas sipper for a car.
I bought the XR-7 built to my specifications brand new. It has given me good service over the past 16 years. My annual costs for fuel and maintenance were about $6,000/year until this year. Time finally caught up to the vehicle and I had to have the transmission overhauled at something over 131,000 miles. The odometer died at 131,501 and can't be replaced according to the FMC folks. The remote and alarm functions of the security system bit the dust, but the rest of the system appears to work okay. There have been no major problems over the years and I have been quite happy with my car. Too bad the Ford Motor Company (FMC) no longer makes cars like this and no one else seems to make them at the right price either.
The MB E320 is a great car overall, we have been very pleased with it since buying it used last year.

Pros:
Very comfortable, yet responsive ride. Handles the snow surprisingly well.
Huge trunk and reasonably spacious back seat. Fits 3 in a pinch.
Solid feel, good fit and finish, and a great safety record.
Better gas mileage than I expected. We get 30+ on the highway with the V6.

Cons:
Repair costs are higher than average.
Plastic front bumper has peeling clear coat. I am not sure if there was a repair, but not the best finish on the bumpers.

Great car overall, a pleasure to drive and a sharp looking car as well. I would buy another if I could find a station wagon.
2001 car has its old age problems typical of an older car.
great value. 99k. Ignition switch went out, EGR bad, catilytic converter went bad - all of these replaced by Honda for free!!!! Just did the timing belt, etc so ready for another 100k. You can buy the brake pads and rotors on ebay for $116.
This is my second Vibe. I needed a car to get back and forth to work. It runs great. I have no complaints about how it handles and such. I had to get the Front windows fixed (there is a free recall). Also, the fit and finish is not as nice as our 2006 Vibe. It looks like it was the first one off the assembly line. It has 110,000 miles on it, so some things, I am sure, have been abused. The hatch window does not open. All in all, a good car. Oh yea, and the car came with the roof rack complete! Apparently they saved money after 2003 and made you buy it separate.
Awesome car that just keeps on running - forever. Best gas mileage in any car I've ever owned. It passes gas stations ALWAYS! The heater blows heat in 5 minutes and you'll think you're in Egypt with pyramids and sand dunes. Engine is reliable, little to no maintenance with regular oil changes since 1990. Its 09 and still have original brake parts - can't wear this thing out.
Ideal car!
i own a 93 standard trans eurovan mv.
i cant figure out why the coolant light flashes but i love my van!
I got my 1992 Ford Escort GT 4 months ago. It currently has 325,000+ miles. It sat for two years before I got it on the road and now I am having a few problems with it. The electrical seat belts no longer work (not a problem with the fuses), the interior fan does not operate on 4, but will occasionally turn on, part of my instrument panel does not light up unless i smack the dash, my shift lights don't work, and there is a rattle in the motor. The trani shifts hard and there are many leaks consisting of oil and coolant... from multiple places. Despite all of this.. I love my escort. Had a 94' escort wagon before this that got to 217,000. I'm hoping to see 400,000 with this one. ^_^
Great vehicle ,now have 175000 miles with little trouble,only slight oil leak from valve cover
Love the car! Handling, acceleration, sound, ride, all spectacular. An absolute joy to drive. My only problem is the constant attention the car gets with people wanting to taunt me into racing !! On second thought maybe that's not a problem !
Sans JAG...Love my JAG! Handles like a dream! Seats my family of 4 with no problems. Very pleased with Vehicle.
I love this truck except it is now giving me problems. I have a heater core that needs replacing, it is the roughest ride ever and always feels like it is in need of a tire balance or something. It has a sweet interior with lots of power. Gas mileage sucks but what can I do? The man and the kids and I drove to Los Angeles (from SF area) and all fit comfortably. Sweet truck for landscaping. Get back to you on the other issues.
i bought my car used 8 months ago,the only issue i had was my brake lights going out,had to replace them once and my headlight just went out all of a sudden,otherwise i have no complaints,she rides lovely on the highway for those long trips.she's the best car i ever had
This car is a LOT of fun to drive with razor sharp handling and swift acceleration. We have never had any problems with it. The Monsoon stereo sounds fantastic and the audio controls on the steering wheel is a nice touch. It's just a great cruisin' car. The car is also very good in the snow
I have been extremely impressed with my Colorado. It has run great since the day I bought it and have never had any problems. It pulls well while towing; plenty of power. It also does very well off road, even in deep mud and snow. Cruising around with a combination of city and highway driving I usually get about 18-19 mpg.
vehicle has 83000 miles and absolutely no problems. the steering is a little quick and took a while to get used to also the tilt wheel doesn't tilt low enough but they are design related.
Best highway car/truck I ever owned, great on long trips and holds road when semis whiz past. Small problems like leaky A/C (condensation) and mediocre gas mileage bring it down a notch or two.
this thing is a piece of JUNK!! i have had nothing but problems with it! the brits cannot build a good car! i dont have time in the day to list everything that is wrong with it! i would be here all day! the list of things that work. we have put more money into the stupid thing then we paid for it. i hate the POS with a passion! i would have done cash for clunker but i didnt feel like having a new car payment. overall everthing about this is bad. it is good off road and thats it! overall anyone who buys this need their head checked! DO NOT GET ONE!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!
the trany is REALLY BAD!!! this car backs up my hatered for auto tranies! its i can double clutch my other audi(100s 5 speed) and be a thoused times smoother! it only had 80,000 miles and it had to be serviced! my other audi has 292,000 and counting and i have never had anything done to the trany. the CV boot need to be replaced and the car doesnt even have 100,000. my 100s made it to 250,000 before it need a new CV boot. the over all qulaity of this car isnt as good as the 100s. audi feels like it has gotten cheap! the car is 8 years newer then the 100s and and only cost about $3,000 newer. the engine is very good though! the climate control is to confusing to use while driving. overall dont buy this car. get a later year with a better trany. or older like the 100s.(thats a great car)
i have the 1992 audi 100s. it has been a very reliable car. it has 292,000 miles on it and is still going strong! it gets 32 mgp on the highway doing 70-80 mph. it has been mostly trouble free. the starter just went out 200 miles ago. the fule pump went out about 7,000 miles ago. it handles well and the power is ok. i wouldnt call it peppy but, it does great on the highway. its quite and you wont relize you are doing 100mph. i have the 5 speed. it has a large gas tank(21.1 gal) wich is nice for road trips. i can drive 700 highway miles on a tank. it is still on the original clutch. it still shifts very smoothly. the car does well in the snow for a front wheel drive. it does need studded tires though. the only thing i dont like about this car is it is very hard to work on yourself. espically anything to do with the engine. ohh and it doesnt have cup holders. overall this car has been a great car since the day i got it new. i know that she will go to 400,000 miles easy.
Duramax Diesel and Allison Transmission. Nice shifting and easy to service spin on filter for Allison transmission, there is an internal filter but if you stay on the little ones you may not ever have to change it. Engine trouble when injector wire harness started to wear. Had to replace #2 and #7 wiring harness as truck was in limp mode (max 20Km/hr) due to bad connectors on injectors. Very common problem with these engines! A roadside repair was made possible by searching the problem on the internet (blackberry) and using a small screwdriver. Made it home and had to pay $400 for the new connectors which are really worth $20 at most. Had the issue fixed in an hour with some soldering and insulating of wires. May be covered by warranty if you talk to the service guy right and in a confident manner. If not don't pay them the $900 for this repair as any crack addict on his worst day can fix this problem. Fuel Pressure regulator causing an engine surge be sure to replace with the FPR from a 2006 or later to avoid continuing surge. Expensive fix can be left with no harm to engine, just annoying surge. Stanadyne diesel additive seems to calm it some but a band aid approach. Water pump went a few weeks ago another expensive fix as it is hidden away from any normal person trying to get at it replace with the top quality pump at your parts store or risk paying the $600 again. Pitman and Idler arm poorly designed and often replaced to keep front end in good condition. Truck rides nice with good power on Highway and in 4X4. Don't like the positioning of the 4x4 switches as they are easily activated inadvertently. Just had to have the output shaft seal on the transfer case changed seems they go often and/or not installed properly, keep an eye out on your to make sure it stays dry if you have recently had it serviced. Seems 50% of mechanics have got this task down and the others not so much. Decent fuel economy for this truck when all the wiring is done. One tank about 700KM. Never leave home though without a cheap computer scanner to turn off engine light and that small screwdriver but I guess that could be said for all of todays vehicles.