Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix I thought the car was a guy's car because they have referred to it as a "muscle car". I actually love the way it handles smooth cornering, nice sturdy road car. Maintenance keeps it looking brand new. The only thing is I wish the side mirrors could fold inward.
  • 1999 Jeep Wrangler The six cylinder models have an inherent issue with exhaust manifold cracking for the 1991-2001 model years. Aftermarket headers are the solution...OEM headers WILL crack. The HVAC controls also have an issue with having periodic "meltdowns". The fan switch cannot handle the amperage and will melt over time...if yours does this, get it fixed ASAP to avoid a catastrophic fire. Other than those two issues, the '99 Wrangler is a tank. Point-n-Shoot when you're out on the trails. In traffic, it's easy to maneuver and is quite nimble. It's no Ferrari and it's not a Cadillac. Slow and bouncy, but it will go wherever you point it...mud, rocks, snow, city streets. Enjoy the freedom.
  • 2002 Chrysler Sebring This car runs good but the heater system does not work when idling.I had to change my tie rods at about 70,000 miles . It cost about $42 , and I was able to do the repairs myself .
  • 1998 Chevrolet Prizm Good Car
  • 2006 Toyota Matrix gray, trd system, suspension, 10000 milles, my baby
  • 2000 Chevrolet Blazer when bought my blazer it had 275.000 miles on it it now has 330,000 miles and it runs great it has a complete original drive train and has plenty of power and runs smooth. the trans does however shifts hard from 1st to 2nd but only from time to time and has an assosiated service engine light, and being only from time to time i think it is an electical prob maybe the shift soliniode but i dont know and it is hardly a problem i expect with proper maintenence for it to continue runnig fine for while
  • 2005 Ford Mustang I've heard the convertable models are significantly slower. For a V6, the coupe is a torque monster. It's not as clunky as the previous mustangs, but there is more body roll. For the price, no other car can touch it. Great Ride!
  • 2007 GMC Acadia My crossover SUV is a 3.4L V6 with dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) and pulls around 275HP. CONS: This vehicle’s power train is not for serious off road driving or heavy towing. Front struts and independent rear suspension does not offer a smooth ride. Cheap “plastic looking” dashboard. PROS: Because is a Front wheel drive model I get up to 24MPG highway which is very good for the 8 passenger and cargo capacity. The seats slide and fold for a wide access to the third row. Stereo easy to read and use, with a mp3 player jack for my ipod. We like the dual air conditioner climate zone controls for driver and front passenger.
  • 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300SE This is my first S-class Benz I love this car. It is 16 yrs old and does need some minor repairs,which aren`t to expensive.I just sometimes have to sacrifice some thing,sometime to pay for them. I would rather push an old Benz than drive a new Ford.
  • 2000 Ford Windstar This is my third van- my other ones are a '99 GM & '01 Toyota. I have the '00 Ford Windstar SEL model. By far, the Windstar is the worst performance out of the three. The Windstar proved to be a somewhat problematic vehicle constantly prone to internal failures. Thankfully, the Windstar was discontinued by Ford Motor in 2004.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer I have a silver Blazer just like the one pictured and it now has 238,000 miles and runs great. I like it so much that I bought another one and now have two. The only real things that I have had to do is change the oil, brakes, battery, generator, etc. The one thing that did go wrong that i did not like was the heater core went bad at about 200,000 miles.
  • 1999 Ford Taurus Brought this car for college son with 60k on it. Now 3+ years later 130k on it. First 2 years ,no problems. Third year ,a money pit. replace front/rear struts springs,brakes twice,power stering pump. Spoke with seveal amchanics and all state this is a trouble free car until 125-150K. It wasn't sdesigned to go beyond 150K,all mechanics agree to get rid of it soon or it will cost you more money.Son graduates in May 09 and will trade in on a 2 year old Fusion.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Astro Our van looks just like the one in the picture. Has over 200,000 miles and still going strong. Us it to tow cars, trucks, tractors, travel trailer, etc and would not hesitate to drive to the west coast. Only maintenance are items like oil changes, tires, batteries, generator, brakes, etc. The stuff that wears out has been changed. Great vehicle. :-)
  • 2001 Kia Rio My first car. Really inexpensive, love it
  • 1996 Chevrolet Blazer I love my blazer, I have 133,368 miles on my car and having changed the oil and lube every 3,000 miles, only lately have I had a problem with the transmission.
  • 2003 Lexus SC430 great car,no problems only one electric antena mast
  • 2007 Toyota Camry My 2007 camry has rotor problems. At 20,000 miles rotors replaced, now at 35,000 miles rotors not true. Just want to know if anyone else had this problem!
  • 1999 Chevrolet Venture An exelent car (mini-van 1999) 161,560 miles (260,000 klm) still a"baby" rides same since I bought it new. In an accident that the other car was coming behind me on a about 100 klm/h while I was waiting holding my brakes hard and streched tight against my seat I got hit from that car a Chev Cavallier, went a " right- off" in bad shape and my Venture only chip a little piece of plastic 1"x1" from behind under the bumber the only damage was one seting of the 3 of the motorized drivers seat, was on one motor that the bolt bend slightly and got stuck, I have not fixed that yet, no need. I do not neglect the basic maintenance and especially the oil-change.
  • 2002 Acura RSX This is a terrific car--they should just call it an Integra. The RSX is fast when you want it to be, and fun to drive. Practically no maintenance issues, and great gas mileage.
  • 2005 Buick Rainier I sometimes borrow my brothers ranier when i need to take the kids to basketball tournaments. the design is good and holds 6 comfortable. I had a problem with the engines fuel pump fuse on a trip. they found a problem with the pump too and replaced it under warranty. i think the engine has given him other problems. I told him not to buy a Buick.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L 2wd 347,500 miles maintenence and repairs: alternator power steering pump water pump at 347,000 10w30 mobil synthetic oil leaking oil at rear main seal but that is fairly common at this mileage.. brake issue: rear brakes were wearing out every 30,000 miles initially..chevy has a fix for this if you ask you local chevy parts guy ORIGINAL PLUGS going to change soon but gas mileage is consistent, runs smooth until throttle body gets carbon buildup around valve plate which is easily cleaned with throttle body/carb cleaner.. best vehicle I have ever owned and driven over 140,000 miles
  • 2005 Volkswagen Golf Purchased new, Nov 2004. Some minor repair issues (headlight replacement, driver seat malfunction, radio malfunction, all covered by bumper to bumper 50000 mile, 4 year warranty. Love the car, love the 40 to 50 mpg since purchase. I'm probably going to keep it due to up and down fuel costs.
  • 1994 Hyundai Scoupe Glad I got rid of this POS
  • 2005 GMC Sierra Denali Our Sierra Denali 2005 extended cabin is as comfortable as a luxury sedan, very roomy in the back, the kids love to watch their favorites DVD movies on the rear seats entertainment system. With its 6.0L V8 engine and 345 Horse Power we are able to tow up to 8,000 pounds. One very nice feature is that the all wheel drive system does not require the driver activation of the front wheels traction. We get 14-16 miles per gallon.
  • 2007 Volvo XC70 Got the XC70 for my wife. This replaces her old 1999 V70. We bought it used (only 1 year old) and so far its been great! I had a tail light randomly go out but that was a quick fix. The engine is pretty good but feels sluggish because the car is a tad heavy. It could get better gas mileage but I guess that's fine since gas is cheap again (for now). Haven't needed an major repairs but the car is young.
  • 1996 Toyota Tacoma Since day 1 my Tacoma has been a work truck. I fitted a rack on the roof, a camper shell, wench, etc and have used this truck day in and day out for hauling. The engine is still pulling strong with over 176k miles on it. The clutch is going but it's held up until now. The suspension squeaks but I have the original shocks. I'll probably drive this Tacoma until it has 200k miles on it then get myself another. Definitely recommend Toyota trucks!
  • 2007 Kia Sorento I haven't had this car a year yet and the A/C compressor makes a loud knocking sound when switched on, the front dome light doesn't work, the tailgate shocks squeek, the ESC light comes on saying "off" when I haven't switched it off, the passenger air bag sensor works when it wants to, check engine light is on, and the brake switch under the brake petal has gone out causing me to have NO brake lights.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz E320 My 96 E 320 still feels like it is new. Will keep it at least another 5 yrs.
  • 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Had this car three years this month and the only things we've had to do to it are the strut mounts (under warranty), the battery, tires, spark plugs, brakes (pads and rotors), a washer pump as well as a floor mat. The right rear window has seized up on us a couple of times, but this is very minor. Total cost of these repairs was less than $600 and most is considered normal wear and tear. Not much to look at, after all, it's a Grand Am. The interior is cheap-looking, quirky and for a six footer such as myself, this car is a challenge to get in and out of. It’s as if General Motors deliberately made a car that only people of short stature could fit in. My wife loves this car and drives it 90% of the time and it’s been very reliable. It had 17000 miles on it when we bought it, it has 46000 at present. It has the 2.2 liter Ecotech 4 engine.
  • 2003 Dodge Intrepid Great looking car, poor reliability, bought in June 2005 with 42000 miles. The dealer replaced 2.7 liter engine at 47770 miles in December of '05. The cooling fans were next, the evaporator coil and the engine boiled over by June of '06 + replaced expansion tank. The water outlet housing failed September of '06. Winter of '07 Brake light switch failed twice, destroying two batteries in the process. Had to reseal new headlights rather than pay more money. The dealer replaced the ignition lock and radio in ’08. Headlights leaked in '08 and replaced them at $400. The tie rods failed at 68000 miles as did the stabilizer links. Not to mention replaced mirror switch, turn signal lever (My bad) and signal flasher. Steering wheel finish is peeling badly, so it looks bad. Have to replace control arms and struts this weekend. Can't say I wouldn't buy a Dodge or Chrysler again, but I'm starting a business in late '09 and will need to purchase a vehicle for business. Considering the issues I've had with this Intrepid (the engine began failing 90 miles from home) my next car will be a Toyota or Ford as a poor vehicle will cost the price of a new one in revenue very quickly