Newest Reviews:
  • 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee This is the second 1997 Grand Cherokee that I have owned. I searched out the twin to my original one because I enjoyed it so much. I have found that keeping up with small maintenance items keeps this a very comfortable and reliable vehicle. Two minor complaints 1) When using 4 wheel the front-end can seem a bit noisy. Just keep parts lubricated 2) Wish gas mileage was a bit higher. Caution on brakes - rotors can be warped very easily if wheel nuts are not properly torqued into place. Use a torque wrench instead of torque sticks or guns and you can extend life of rotors greatly. I also had a 2003 GC and enjoyed it as well but it had an almost sporty ride while this model screams luxury.
  • 1991 Toyota Corolla If you take care of your Corolla with regular maintenance, you'll be rewarded with YEARS and YEARS of excellent, reliable service. Mine starts right off in cold or hot weather and the engine is still running strong well after 100,000 miles!
  • 2005 Honda Element This is the perfect car for me and my dogs. I take them to all the parks around town and they love it too! We have had to replace the alternator and the radiator, but otherwise it's great!
  • 1992 GMC Suburban 1500 I had this Suburban for 10 years and it did not hold up well. I had to replace the transmission and the rear end when it had less than 100,000 miles. The air conditioning vents were falling off, the headliner sagged, it handled terribly (it is a massive vehicle)...overall just not a nice vehicle to drive. I finally donated it to charity since it was more expensive to fix than it was worth.
  • 1997 Toyota Camry Drives like a Toyota should.
  • 1992 Mercury Capri A fun car. Not a lot of power/pick up on the lower end engine. Soft top has a bunch of leaks, but otherwise simple design and solid construction. No real mechanical trouble
  • 2006 Toyota Highlander About the Highlander V6 3.3 Liter, 4WD. Pros: powerful engine, good brakes. Cons: not really 7 passengers Toyota SUV
  • 1998 Mercury Mystique This car I would not recommend to anyone, The engine light stays on no matter how much maintaince you have done on the car.
  • 2003 Hyundai Tiburon just learning about my new car
  • 1997 Chrysler LHS I bought my 1997 Chrysler LHS used on 2/14/99 with 38,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems with it in the 10 years that I have had it. It now has 107,000+ miles on it and runs like it did when I first got it. I found it to be a very reliable car. I do regular maintennamce on it and couldn't ask for a better car. ESC-Stoughton, MA
  • 1993 Nissan Maxima Owned one of these for years, and it took every sort of abuse I could throw at it. The Bose stereo died every couple of years, though. I had to do the front brakes, but not other big repairs. I even wrecked it twice and only had a little body work to do. Great car.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz C240 My friend has this car and swears he'll never buy a Mercedes again - the quality has gone way down in recent years. The car is often in the shop for repairs, the interior is 'chintzy' and it doesn't handle well. It's really an overpriced vehicle that will land you in the repair shop.
  • 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee I really like the styling of this car/jeep, it's too bad everyone I know who has one is always at the repair shop. If this was a reliable car, and I didn't have to keep up the repairs and maintenance on it like a Jaguar, I'd get one in a heartbeat. It's an SUV without the bulk and size -- and the V8 has a lot of kick. The interior on the Grand Cherokee is quite nice also.
  • 2007 Toyota Corolla While the Toyota Corolla may be good on the gas mileage front, this car is not fun to drive. Our family recently rented this car (marketed as a 'mid size' by Hertz) for a week - boy, was it uncomfortable to drive. There is no lumbar support in the seats and no height adjustment, the engine has no pickup -- and I felt unsafe the whole time, the interior is 'plastic-ey' -- it's really a tin can on wheels. I'm sure the repair and maintenance is easy as it's a Toyota - you probably won't see this car in the repair shop. I wouldn't buy it for a family, it doesn't feel safe for the kids.
  • 1993 Ford Aerostar I drove this van for about a year and a half. We repair the transmission once and replace it twice. They never could align the wheels.
  • 2006 Dodge Magnum i just bought my Magnum nov 5, 2008 and i instantly fell in love with it, the amount of room it has and the ride, this car is a joy to drive
  • 2004 Chevrolet Colorado Good solid truck, Only problem is a reoccuring emission problem
  • 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon My family loves this Vanagon. We go camping all over the west coast and it suits all our needs. We have almost 200,000 miles on her, and the kids are getting older so we may need to get another vehicle soon but we'll miss her. Except for the time the alternator failed when we were in Yosemite, it hasn't left us stranded! My hubby does all the work on it so it stays in good shape!
  • 1991 Volvo 240 I have the 240 Wagon and this is my daily driver, it has 230k miles and it doesn't appear to want to stop anytime soon. The regular upkeep is not too bad, it seems like some stuff wears out often, like the suspension and brakes. My daughter will be driving in a few years and I hope to keep it so she can have it for her first car.
  • 1999 Subaru Forester We bought our 1999 Subaru Forester new and it's been a great car. We've been good about changing the coolant every 30K and adding Subaru's "coolant conditioner" so the head gasket's been a-ok so far. In 90K miles all we've done are basic services, and did the front brakes at 60K. Recently had to change the inner CV boot because it's right above the hot exhaust. This car has taken us everywhere and is an absolute blast on gravel roads!
  • 1992 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Bought my 1992 Chevrolet K2500 used about 10 years ago now and it's been really dependable. It has great lowend grunt with the towing gears and we have even been able to muster 16mpg from it. It's much smoother on the road than my Toyota pickup but I still love them both. No real big problems to report, just normal maintenance. The cruise control stopped working but I'm told the multifunction switch (drumstick on the steering column) is a common cause. We recently put some new Goodyears on it and what a difference it made in handling. I remember the interior door pulls (arm rest handles) came loose so we had to replace those but no major problems so far (100K miles)
  • 1995 Honda Civic Bought this car for my mom in 1995 and she's put 48,000 miles on it, changed the brakes once and the battery. very reliable car!!
  • 2006 Honda Element 2006 with 45k miles. Absolutely love it, and have had no major problems. Will be replacing the rear differential fluid to solve the recent minor problem that I've had with turns. Good to know it is easily repaired.
  • 2007 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Great car to drive in the snow, very comfortable driving on highway and mountain roads.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Camaro I love this car. It's so fun to drive and I've had no major problems.
  • 1996 Cadillac Seville Bought this Cadillac Seville used with 29,000 miles on it, The engine and brakes held up well but the transmission had problems but Cadillac repaired it under warranty. We test drove Lexus and Infinity and they were too small inside for a growing family.
  • 1998 Mercury Mystique My parents own one and they have it in the shop every month. I have a Mini Cooper and a Honda and nowhere near the problems this has. Heck, just look at the list of recalls and service bulletins! I'm not even going to list all the problems, just avoid one of these!
  • 2007 Chevrolet Uplander Got a free rental car at the body shop and they gave us a Chevrolet Uplander and it was no comparison to a Toyota Previa or Honda Odyssey, It had no power and road like a truck, the engine and transmission seemed like they were not made for each other. the brakes were OK.
  • 2001 Volvo V40 My Volvo V40 is a nice ride, fun to drive. The interior is the big drawback, it just feels cheap, not like other Volvo's. The power of the 4 cylinder turbo is great, it really get's up and goes when you want it to. We had some check engine light issues that took a few visits to the dealer to get repaired, but has been ok since then.
  • 1997 Honda Passport This was my first Honda and it sure didn't live up to the expectations I had. I later found out it's an Isuzu Rodeo! The engine and transmission leaked oil, and the alternator went out. It didn't have very good power and didn't handle well. Since it really is an Isuzu, I may try Honda again, but I'll make sure it's really a Honda!