Newest Reviews:
  • 2006 Buick Rendezvous had to replace heads at about 136,000 miles
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander I've had a couple of problems with the rear suspension, but nothing really major. The vehicle delivers a smooth stable ride and handles very well. Its a dependable vehicle (hasn't stranded me yet!)and quite comfortable on road trips.
  • 2007 Honda CR-V Great vehicle! Next to the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder I once owned, this is the best vehicle (least maintenance) I have ever had! But after only two years, power steering fluid is as thick as molasses? There may be a problem there~ Have this done before 40,000 miles (flush and refill), but don't allow Honda to do this procedure - they charge twice as much as your local service station (who can most certainly handle a 2007+ CR-V power steering flush~ Apart from that, I am thankful I spent a few thousand more up front to buy a Japanese-designed vehicle than an American piece of crap. The last three American cars I owned (and babied as I do all my vehicles) shut down on me WELL BEFORE THEIR TIME! This is an awesome ride and with GENEROUS FUEL SAVINGS to boot! Highly recommended!!!!!!
  • 2003 Toyota Camry The biggest problem that I have had with this car in the 5+ years I have owned it is with the door and truck locks. I have had to replace both driver side door lock actuators and repair the trunk lock, costing about $400 each time. The brakes "float" and always have, even on replacement. But they function fine. Otherwise, a very good and reliable car.
  • 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 The 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramine is possibly my favorite truck I have had thus far. It took every bit of 4x4 ABUSE I threw at it. Hauled some crazy above payload loads I put in it and kept cranking up for more every day. I drove it like a sports car (its very stiff suspension made this easy) and treated it like a 30 year old beater farm truck on the farm. The only issues I had were: At about 70k on it I blew a right front brake line and had to limp home and to a repair shop using my manual transmission for brakes. At around 80k the very heave tail pipe from the tip to around 2' back broke off and I had to have a new one welded on. My guess is from too much jumping and banging the poor truck all the time plus I am sure I have bottomed it out back there a few times. I did not even plan to trade it in but I was just looking at a lot as a lot of other truck loving guys do one day and got an offer I could not refuse on a new one that normally I would not afford. Pics http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2002%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/
  • 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 I am a 4th time Dodge Ram truck owner and this is my second 2500 4x4 in a row. This one was purchased new in late January of 2007 as a 06 model leftover. Inferno Red, Quad Cab,4x4, tow package, Bighorn, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Short bed. Pictures http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2006%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/ Got a $15k discount so even in the economic downturn I still owe less on it than it is worth. I liked the rear stiffness of my 02 better than the 06 but I LOVE how much quieter it is as I do not wake the neighbors when I leave. It has no problem towing anything I have thrown behind it and though it sits down a little more per pound loaded it has haulded all I have needed to haul with no issues. I tow a 6,000lb boat frequently during the summer along with the occasional 14,000lb buggy of fertalizer, 18,000lb load of hay bales and 2,500 lbs of rock salt in the bed. The stock tires only lasted me around 27,000 miles but that is most likely my driving habits as I met someone with the same truck and tires that got over 90k out of his and at the time has as much tread as I did. I wish the mirrors were more like my 02 as the tow mirrors on this model have more blind spots when in normal position and I don't want to be one of those a-holes driving around with them extended all the time like dumbo hogging up road space. Mine has the 6way power seat, DVD, etc in the interior and all work fine. The outside temp gauge however in the afternoons seems to take around 10 minutes to start updating. Thus far I am VERY happy with this truck but wish it had more than two grease fittings. And with all post 1980s cars the sheet metal could be a little thicker but it is thicker than the foreign models at least. :-) Driving it is nice and smooth for a 2500. Maybe a little tooo smooth for my likes of a heavy duty truck. This is my first automatic transmission in years as I have not trusted Dodge Automatics for along time. The tranny seems firm but I hate the way it can randomly shift since the amount of torque and horsepower this truck puts out can be an issue when it decides to downshift in the middle of a curve especially on slick roads. At first I had fuel economy issues even for a automatic (I expected it to use more than my manual shift ones) and finally I took it to a dealership who ran a program update on it and I gained about 5mpg economy which now puts it right where i would expect it with a 18mpg average. 16 city/20 highway. The heater fan in the past couple of months started vibrating a lot in the box so I need to take it in and have that serviced before my 36k mile warranty is up. Currently I have 32k on it or roughly 16k a year usage. Some of those miles are VERY rough farm miles in mud, rock, trees, etc. with loads in the back. Some are highway and a lot are country back roads into a mid sized city (Lexington KY) with a lot of stop and go to work during the weekdays.
  • 1990 Lexus ES250 Its a fun car to drive down the freeway. easy to find a parking space for. Great gas milage. However, it would be a little nicer if it had tilt steering. Repair costs can be quite expensive, but the make and year of the car says it all.
  • 2008 BMW 335xi I love everything about this car no problem yet.
  • 2004 Dodge Durango This is a review on my wife's 2004 Durango 4.7 liter. Everything on the vehicle still feels pretty solid. The only issue we have seen out of it is where the pipe from the exhaust manifolds comes down and connects to the reset of the exhaust the gasket keeps going bad and that point keeps getting loose. Also it appears there is no an issue with the left exhaust manifold itself and it will need to be replaced. If it were not for the exhaust issues and a couple times where her dash lights have done some strange things it would be a great vehicle. It still has taken a lot of miles and towing abuse so we can not complain too much just yet.
  • 2004 Ford Escape Problem with dead batteries.3 replacements. Replace alternator. No help from ford! Found out cause of electrical problems was bad GEM module. Had to trouble shoot myself. Had dead battery problems while still in warrenty, only to be told that there were no codes. Only 15000 miles. Also replaced front rotors and pads. For should had known about these problems.Otherwise satisified with vehicle in general.
  • 2005 Mazda MPV Over all I really like the car, I needed a van, that could fit in our drive way. Plus I always have at least 3 or 4 children with us. the problems I have had with this car, the brakes never seemed right and we purchased the car new from Tasca. The electrical system has has some problems, two radios have been replaced and wire to the spark plugs have burned out. The dealer has been right on top of most of the problems and has bent over backwards to satisfy us. I would buy another Mazada. That being said the everyday repairs you are better off going to your favorite service shop, when Tasca told me to fix my brakes was $84 per hour I almost fell down.
  • 1998 Honda Accord Great car, suspension is kinda soft! Very reliable
  • 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Currently having trouble with the heater. Right side vents blow cold air. There is also an intermittent leak that soaks the passenger side footwell. I've replaced the transmission and both front door window gear boxes. Not real happy with the vehicle other than looks.
  • 2000 Jeep Cherokee just got my 2000 jeep cherokee sport and i just love this vehicle. about to have new brake pads put on all around. also seems a squeaky belt needs to be replaced. plan on reconditioning the paint and doing a full exterior detail. the fun has begun.
  • 2008 Volkswagen GTI I love it! Everything is perfect from the back windshield wiper going on when it detects water when you back up to everything! lol
  • 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid I am very satisfied with this vehicle. The gas mileage for highway and city is 3-4 miles less than the factory estimate. For a mid sized crossover SUV this car performs very well.
  • 1998 Honda Accord Very reliable, I would buy another one next time.
  • 1995 GMC Safari The horn,windshield washer pump,turn signals,power window,interior lights all quit.Exhaust system falling apart,suspension noisy,slushy. Engine and drive train still good,so are heat and a/c.
  • 2005 Volkswagen Jetta Having persistent problems with electric system. It's as if there is a ghost in there. Hazard lights go off at will - windshield washer comes on once every other day - and not a drop of rain falling here in south Texas! Have had to replace the CD/Radio three times . Knobs fall off the seat control.... But I love this car--am fortunate to have an excellent VW dealer.
  • 2006 Nissan Titan love it, Its the best truck i ever had. I also have a chevy and a ford. Both of which are good trucks. But the Nissan is most impressive. My chevy has 59000 miles the ford has 89000 mile and the nissan has 50000 miles. All my trucks were brand new. I am a roofer and these trucks take a beating; hauling, and towing.
  • 2003 Mazda Tribute I have had to repeatedly take my Tribute in for the airbag sensors that keep failing on both sides of the vehicle. If you google that you will see more people with the same problem. Mazda still can't figure out the solution. As soon as they change the sensors, a week later quit again. Now I'm riding around with no airbags due to this problem. Also, some nuts behind the wheel rusted off and caused my brakes not to work correctly until replaced.
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Alero This has been an awesome car!
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG This is one of the fastest cars ever. It may not be #1 in speed, but it has to be in the top 10 if not the top 5. The attention to detail in the whole car is second to none. On the negative side, the gas mileage is not the best, but what do you expect out of a supercharged, 500 HP V8 anyway? 15-17 MPG anyway you drive it and all you can handle and 19-21 with your foot out of it and driving the speed limit. I'm glad gas is still cheap. I highly recommend any Mercedes to own and drive, but if you want to be able to take another couple with you or four of your friends in a premium well built luxury car and be able to out perform and flat out "OUTRUN" 99.9% of any car on the road, then you might want to consider the E55 AMG. The sports car hidden in a four door sedan. It's o.k. if you don't take my word on it, just read the history of Mercedes-Benz, AMG or anyone who owns one. By the way, if you do get a E55 AMG, always drive the speed limit, get a great detector or attorney. It will make your life and your drive more enjoyable, I guarantee it. Forget the Bowflex.
  • 1992 Nissan Pathfinder This vehicle has had a few problems in the 10 years I have owned it, transmission failure, exhaust manifold leaks, and a few misc. electrical problems. It works great in the snow and off road too. Overall, this has been a great vehicle and I am very happy with it!
  • 1997 Toyota Tacoma I have a 1997 Tacoma with over 260,000 miles and is still running strong. The engine (3.4L) is big enough to handle a fully loaded 12' trailer or small boat and on the highway, I', getting about 22 miles to the gallon. No complaints, great truck with minimal mechanical issues!
  • 1999 Chrysler LHS I bought my 1999 Chrysler LHS used in summer of 2000 with 23,000 miles on it. I have not had any problems with it in the 10 years that I have had it. It now has 113,000+ miles on it and runs almost as good as the day I got it. I found it to be a very reliable car. In the past year I had to replace a few things on it. I do regular maintennamce on it and couldn't ask for a better car. msdevry - elmhurst IL
  • 1998 Honda Civic I purchased a used 1998 Honda LX - 150,000. one month later I had to ferret out a worn wire casing causing a ground. Two sources helped Hondatech and alldata. I am annoyed by the electrical issues, however, the car handles well - fits me comfortably at 6 ft tall- and gets an average of 42 mpg.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Bought this '01 Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6 in mid-Oct 2008 with 64,000 miles on it. Car ran great when I purchased it, but shortly after I decided to do some tuneup work on the car is when the problems started happening... I first changed the oil and oil filter, air filter and had no problems there. Then I decided to change the belts and hoses and flush the cooling system...that's where the first major issue happened. After flushing the cooling system, I didn't change the thermostat because it seemed to be working ok but after flushing it about 1,000 miles later, my temperature gauge stop working. I then decided to change the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor since they were next to each other. Pretty crazy just to replace one if I wasn't sure of the problem. Well, that took care of that problem...until the heater & a/c stopped working when it was below freezing!!! Checked fuses and relays and it wasn't that...wasn't the motor either...ended up being the blower motor resistor....another stupid part burnt up!! After that I noticed that my car was running lean after pulling the plugs out to check them. Wasn't sure what was causing it but later but figured out that it might've been the whole cooling system thing that caused it....which somehow screwed up the catalytic converter which needed to be replaced too because somehow one day, the car was unable to drive because it was loud and horrible sounding!! After changing the converter, it took care of that, all worked great until the coolant level sensor went out. Still haven't replaced it...not a big deal to me. Car isn't leaking coolant and it's full. Changed the spark plugs and wires and all of that is fine...but now about 10,000 miles later, I'm having an issue with the security light on my dash flickering and the door locks locking and unlocking on their own and the headlights and interior lights flickering. It's becoming a pain right now! From what I hear this is another common occurence on these cars... Heard the problem is the BCM aka Body Control Module. Haven't replaced it yet but will soon! Good thing I know how to work on cars otherwise all of this would've costed me a fortune at a garage! Other issue that I have with the vehicle is the clunking and rattling sound in the steering column/shaft...It's coming from the intermediate shaft...again, another common issue with most GM cars.. Haven't replaced it yet or greased the shaft yet. You can still drive around the way it is until it just gets to you too much to the point you need to replace it. One last thing that I'll need to replace sometime in the next 25,000-50,000 will be the gaskets on the intake and possible head gasket... Again, another common issue on most GM vehicles from 2000-2005..they used these really crappy gaskets that are paper thin and don't last long! Beyond all of that that I have mentioned... I guess you could say its a good car..lol This is the first car that I've dropped this much money in in less than 25,000 miles worth of ownership... I sure do miss my old Buick!!
  • 1998 Honda CR-V We love this car- runs great! Bought it at Tampa Hondaland in Florida, with 40,000 miles, now has over 137,000. Minor AC problems, and front rotor warpage- other than that, great on gas. We religiously change the oil/filter every 3,000 miles!
  • 2005 Buick Terraza We love this van (SUV) it has everything we could ask for. There are a few short falls and that is with storage inside for small items. Besides the clove box there is no extra places to store any CD or Videos for the DVD Player located over head between the front seats. The sound system is great so is the cordless head-phones that helps to keep the kids quite and occupied while the rest of the passengers can talk without the loud noise from music or movies.