Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Good little car - we're at 96K miles, and still going; however, lots of electrical problems over the years (both windows, various front and rear lights, radio, etc); also an almost constant oil leak for the first six years until a non-VW mechanic replaced a simple seal
Great car. Going at over 150,000 miles. Original transmission working pretty well. Pretty easy service-wise, with the exception of the front end which has had a number of problems, especially relating to snow belt rust issues. Super engine, but would be much happier with room to breathe in a manual transmission. Highly recommended for the Accord/ Camry buyer who wants to get a better deal. This car is based a on a time tested reliable Euro car platform and is not some short lived luxury trial model. I bought mine for under $4000 at 120, 000.
My handsome 2007 Diesel E320 Bluetec, which reliably gets 26/35 MPG, is a pleasure to drive. No problem finding fuel. Parking is easy, fitting into tight spots and the car is very reponsive when I need to quickly manuever to avoid poor drivers. I love the dashboard screen, especially the map feature and there's nothing like Sirius radio for trips up and down I-95.
Great driving car with nimble handling and an incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Not as luxurious or roomy on the inside as higher end lexus vehicles, but overall a great car for those who appreciate good handling and fun driving.
I love everything about this car. It is a sports car but with a little more room. The ride could be a little smoother, but I think if you have the right tires the ride becomes better. I really like the turning radius and for being a convertible it is pretty quiet with the top up. The Bose stereo is great, I just wish it had an ipod adapter. I have had only minor problems with this car and highly recommend it to any one that is thinking of buying one.
this is another great miata, my second since its debut . i drove my '90 for 13 years, 318k miles. my '02 has 150k on it, no problems. we're going for another 300k. i am doing brakes alot (maybe i'm hard on brakes)
We purchased this vehicle new in 1996 and have had absolutely no problems with it. The interior and exterior have held up. It gets about 32 mpg and is a blast to drive. We have replaced the battery twice, new tires once, brakes once in 87000 miles, but no major repairs to any component (engine,transmission,etc.) Great vehicle; other manufacturers should model themselves after Saturn.
Loved the Pilot ever since I touched it 4 years ago, got myself one last year & I love it. not sure if Honda's have transmission problems or just my car feels like it drags the transmission into a lower gear when I slow down to 25-20mph. otherwise I'm very happy.
Good performer on and off road and in poor driving conditions, reliable fuel consumption, great versatility for hauling people/stuff/towing, wish it had a manual transmission but they are not available with this option as far as I know.
I've had my Spirit for 18 years now and it has been great.I commute in a very rust inducing enviroment due to road chemicals and just now is the car starting to show a bit of rust along bottom of drivers door.The paint still looks like new.I have the 4 cyl. which gets 32 mpg. on the highway.Transmission works fine with 142,000 miles on it.Still handles great for what it is.I got almost 90,000 before I replaced the brakes(mostly highway).All this from a car Consumer Reports panned.I don't know what there prejudices are at that rag but if you want a good deal look at cars they don't like. I paid 9,400 when new including the tax!
no problems
Love my car! 5 speed manual LX is fun to drive, looks good, and great mileage. Consistently 29-32 mpg around town and on the highway.
Very pleased with the Tahoe Hybrid. Have had it about 17 months and have had no problems. I have had one recall that did take longer than expected because the dealership was not real familiar with hybrids. I get about 20.6 mpg on mine. That is with a fair amount of high speed highway driving which pulls down the average a good deal. In town, I estimate close to the 22 mpg they report. This is much better than the first generation hybrid GMC I had and this has a much smoother transmission. My wife has a lexus RX and we generally ride in the Tahoe for comfort and nearly the same MPG's! Only manufacturing problem that I have had was a driver's side door lock that occasionally has a rattle from a slightly poor fit, this only occurs in cold weather and on rough roads. The times that I have brought it in for routine service it has not been cold so of course no rattle.
To: sgtjeff I have the same issue when shifting into drive. It seems that when I shift into reverse or drive, it flutters for a second or two and then I'm able to go. I also have had issues with the throttle body. Sometimes when the car is sitting idled, it feels and sounds like the car wants to shut off. it happened one time and come to find out the throttle body needed cleaning and after it was cleaned I went across the street to run an errand when I returned to the car and started it up, the acceleration was not performing. I barely made back across the street to the dealership. They had to rent me a vehicle for a week because the throttle body had to be replaced. I also didn't know that there is no cable connection between the accelerator and the throttle body. Everything is electronic. Nice car too many issues
Got from Mom, 35,000 Mi.,Now has80,000.Had to leave outside All bad weather.body needs a paint job.But run great.
Very good truck!!!
I have had this car for 6 years, bought it new with 88,000 miles on it. I can't say that all I ever changed was the oil, but for the most part, I guess the car has been reliable. Last year's dusting of snow made for a bad winter. I felt the car swerving alot on just a dusting of snow. I have replaced the brakes almost every 2 years, rotors just this past year. The rear struts and coil springs needed replaced about 6 months ago and I am getting the front struts replaced this month. Hopefully this will fix all the rattling in the front end. A/C went out completely and I had to change the A/C compressor this spring. The interior of the car is perfect (except for the driver's side carpeting is worn out and the radio lights have not worked over a year). I can't say that for the exterior. A lot of rust has formed around the gas cap area and the bottom of each door. There is also rust coming through on the wheel wells. My next purchase will be a Hyundai, only because I need a car that is safe driving in the snow.
I love this car, it runs strong and handles great. i was shocked on how smooth and powerful it is. this is my first bmw and i can tell you that once this car dies on me i will end up buying another bmw. it is a very reliable car and worth every penny. if you have never driven a bmw before i strongly suggest you should at least go out and test drive one. you will want one.
Have had this car since 98.....with 8000 miles on it, when I bought it. Had to have transmission worked on, about two years ago, and it is slipping in Drive again now. Overall not a bad car for the money
nice auto though noises can drive you nuts at times
I order my 1993 Eurovan MV 8 months before initial delivery to the states was scheduled. It has a manual 5speed transmission with 5 cylinder 2.5l engine. It has 230,000 miles and is going strong. Normal repairs on the running gear but the engine and transmission have never been opened. Superb vehicle for camping or work. It averages 25 to 27mpg after I replaced exhaust system with a Magnaflow muffler. Only downside is that it now sounds like a well running deisel when idling.
Purchased this car used. I've added about 10,000 miles so far and no problems. Everything very smooth and works fine. DVD player, XM, navigation, bluetooth, has tons of great technology.
Overall good reliability. At 5 yrs, some small parts of the interior start to deteriorate like small knob on sun visor, 12V lighter receptacle has no power, ashtray cover get loose. Purchased: July '07 History: 2nd owner Like: Manual transmission when power needed for highway passing. Dislike: Sluggish acceleration when on automatic transmission and turbo threshold not yet reached.
A very well-designed car that is perfect if you have messy kids or dogs, visit the beach or the great outdoors. The plastic surfaces make it easy to clean. The rear seats fold up easily and are perfect for hauling hear. There are plenty of OEM and aftermarket add-ons for the Element, which make it fun to own. I only have a few negatives. The ride is rather rough and noisy and gas mileage is horrible for such a wimpy 4-cylinder engine. The shoulder belts also can't be adjusted, and they really irritate my neck when I drive (I am 6'2").
My wife drives a '97 camry v6 with 180,000 and still running strong. Her dad bought the car with 90,000 miles on it and between he and I, all we've ever done is a regular oil change and air filter change. does anyone have any tips or advice on service or replacments I should do? surp516@yahoo.com
I have always liked the Buick, has all the bells and whistles, this 2000 model was revamped in 2000 they did a good job with it. I have had not an ounce of problems with mine, and you cannot fault the 3.8 engine, they have been around for years....What an engine!!
best of the best, cheap spare parts compared to other similar SUVs or even sedans.
I've had my s13 for about 3yrs it's a solid car and a awsome porject car no mater what your in to.Me personally,I'm gonna take this one sideways.So good luck and happy motoring
I love my little Toyota:) so much so that this is the 2nd time I've owned the same one!!! And the gas mileage is a dream!
I like the size of the interior, however, CVT transmission always seemed strange sound and power wise. Was always told that that's just how the CVT sounds. Now transmission out at 65,000 miles, 4 years old, and FORD dealer offers little to no help since it has yet to be recalled, this at a cost of $5,,700.!! Also rear brake problems since day one, head light went out and had to pay $200 to replace entire unit instead of a bulb. Love the size but will not buy a first year line ever again, and also not a Ford/Mercury.