Newest Reviews:
  • 2001 Saab 9-5 The 95 has a lot of problems ... I have 160,000 miles on this car but had to have a new engine put in at about 140k miles due to a malfunction with one of the idiot lights that didn't come on when the oil wasn't circulating properly due to another safety feature malfunctioning. I've had to replace the throttle body housing 3 times and have replaced the turbo twice these repairs were all out of warranty maybe it's just this one car but... I have always owned Volvo's but was talked into buying this car in 2001 and it's cost me... Pretty sure I wouldn't buy another one..
  • 2006 Nissan Altima Bought my 2006 Altima and suffered thru the initial scare that I had a BUM engine. However, it turned out my engine was not one of the bad ones built in Feb/Mar of 2006 in Tennessee. Have had no problems with this car after 41000 - Am averaging over 30 on hwy trips. My only knock on the Nissan is the configuration of the trunk. Can be awkward to pack with golf clubs.
  • 1998 Buick Riviera Purchased off lease in 2001 with 35,000 miles. Car has been trouble-free mechanically. I've replaced the power windows switch on the driver's side, the struts twice, and the battery. Everything else is routine. I now have 132,000 miles on the car. I did recently have the car repainted. GM's clearcoat failed all over the top of the car at 10 years. I have always had an aggravating highway-speed vibration on this car. Using Google to search for possible fixes, it seems that GM has a ton of Park Aves, Cadillac Sevilles, Olds Auroras, Bonnevilles, and Rivieras with the same shake. Multiple sets of new tires, even a new rim have not solved the problem. The shake is just enough to annoy you at 68mph. Other than the shake, the car is beautiful and has held up well.
  • 1998 Volkswagen Beetle We bought this TDI in 99 and at the time the bug had 10,000 miles on it. We had problems with the power window controls and the turbo during the warranty period and they were fixed under warranty. However, we experienced additional turbo problems and the repairs cost us over $500. We experienced problems with the front and rear lights. Getting the Rear lights fixed was very expensive. I was unable to fix myself because the space to work in was so tight..Cost over $100 to have a bulb replaced. We are not happy with the wear on the interior. Material is frayed and the plastic on the door handles is chipped.I am also unhappy with how much it cost to replace the timing belt - over $600 a pop. And they must be replaced every 60K. Having said all that - my wife loves the car which now has over 100K. We are delighted with the MPG 44+ and like the way the car handles and the surprisingly large storage area when the back seat is down. The only caveat I have is the cost for repair on any component of the VW - Any owner must find an independent repair shop to avoid the cost of repair at the dealership which can be 30% higher. We intend to drive this car for another 100K or until the wheels fall off Would we buy another beetle - probably not
  • 2005 Jaguar S-Type When I'm driving my wife's Jag around the vineyards of Sonoma it makes the high price of upkeep worth it. This is a luxurious vehicle that exudes class, something I need much more than my wife! It's a fortune every time I take it in to the shop, but that isn't a surprise. I've owned Audi's, Porsche's and Mercedes and they all seem to have their share of problems.
  • 1999 GMC Savana 2500 I have a 1999 GMC Savana 2500 cargo van with the 5.0L V8. I use this vehicle for work and I treat it pretty poorly, but it keeps coming back for more. I've replaced a transmission, alternator and it eats brakes because of the hills around here, but I expect that! I'll consider another one when this one is put out to pasture!
  • 2006 Volkswagen Jetta I have had this car for over a month now. It is difficult to regulate the heat inside the vehicle. The climate control is very sensitive. It goes from cold to hot too easily. There seems to be no middle. Everything else is just great. A little more expensive to service than I had anticipated, but still a VW lover.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Malibu I've almost had my '04 Malibu LS for 5 years now and it's never treated me wrong. I've had a couple minor problems with the interior, specifically the power adjustments on the driver's seat and some rattles in the dashboard; the brakes do seem to wear more quickly than I would hope. Other than that, it's been a fine car with a nice ride and plenty of features. The V6 offers good power with great MPGs. I would recommend it highly.
  • 1997 GMC Safari Inner door panels keep falling off and fuel pump went out twice at a cost of $700 not a very reliable van
  • 1990 GMC 2500 Pickup Very reliable truck with its 350 cu inch V8 and 4 speed trans its a deer hunting machine and gets decent mph about 16 highway and 12 city
  • 2006 Mini Cooper This is a really reliable car. It's not quite as reliable as the 2007, which was a major model upgrade and has much more BMW parts in it, but it's still a great car that doesn't spent much time in the repair shop. Compared to my Mazda MX6, it was more reliable.
  • 2000 Honda Civic This was an excellent commuter car. No frills but it worked consistently with no major problems. The paint has begun to sunburst a little bit but overall was definitely reliable.
  • 2004 Infiniti G35 Fantastic car: quick, agile, and the AWD handles like a champ in the snow!
  • 1994 Audi 90 it is just a bad ass car!!!
  • 1995 Chevrolet S10 Our S10 Pickup Extended Cab with 5-speed manual gearbox and the 2.2L 4-cylinder engine was cheap on gasoline, good little pickup to carry few tools and small load of materials to do small jobs. Both front ball joints replaced at around 85,000 miles. Trouble with the windshield wiper motor and the A/C compressor also went out.
  • 2004 Acura TL I bought the TL new and it is really excellent to drive. It has solid power and is very smooth to drive. One nice thing about this generation TL is that it is not all bloated like the new TL. Pretty easy to part the thing and it has just about every gadget you can think of. One problem I have had is that the automatic transmission and it did not shift right from day 1. After hassling my dealer for a while I got Acura to cover the repair which ended up being a new transmission. Besides that it's been a pleasure and has required no repairs, just scheduled maintenance.
  • 1998 Volvo S70 I am the owner of this car. I have had no major problems keeping up with regular servicing. The brake lights seem to go out more than other cars but the replacement is cheap and easy to do myself.
  • 2001 Volvo S60 very
  • 2001 Kia Rio This a little carthat gets you where your going. Not much else.
  • 1995 Lincoln Town Car car 90,ooo no problems
  • 1998 Buick LeSabre This car is 11 years old and everything is still working perfectly except for the left turn return. It is a very comfortable car - the only thing that I could wish for is better insulation - the road noise is more than it should be in a car of this quality. I get 28-29 mpg.
  • 2007 Toyota Prius The best engineered car I have owned. The radio could have better reception
  • 2004 Dodge Durango Bought new, 2004 Limited 5.7 HEMI About 50,000 miles on it now with no problems at all, it has served as a 7 passenger bus, and with all the back seats folded down has done house renovation duties, very versatile. The handling for such a large thing has shocked me at times, did I just do that? I also own a sports car, so I have something to compare to, and this thing handles amazingly well. It does love the gas station though, I would say about 15MPG is about average, but it does have a big V8, so thats expected. Also unstoppable in the snow, it's All Wheel Drive, nothing needs switching, unless you want to go off road, then you can choose to lock it in 4X4 mode, or 4X4 low mode. DVD player is nice for the kids on those long trips.
  • 2000 Dodge Stratus Bought new in 2000, the only time it's left us stranded is just recently, fuel pump went out, but for 130,000 miles I'm not complaining, it's been a great car, parts for are dirt cheep, I put some after market drilled and slotted rotors on the front, my Wife is hard on brakes and warped the stock one's. Replaced all the plugs myself, this looks harder than it really is on the 6cyl. The leading edge of the hood tends to rust out on 80% of these cars, 2000 and 99 I think, I noticed this by looking for one at the junk yard. Put some after market wheels and tires on it, went up from 15s to 16s and man, it handles so much better with a little bit more rubber on the road, not to mention looks great with the new wheels, I think I'll just keep it forever, even though we have a newer car now.
  • 2007 Nissan Altima this is the best altima 2.5sl i ever had faster than my 2004 altima 2.5sl more reliable too.no more engine problem i hope so.so far so good.
  • 1992 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 My old Suburban was a tank! It handled surprisingly well for being so large, but I wish the brakes were a little stronger like the newer trucks have. The chevy 350 got me there and back with minimal fuss. I had to replace the HEI module once but thats all for the engine. The stock stereo died on me and the cruise control failed so I had to ding electrical. The seats were quite comfortable for long drives to the snow.
  • 1991 Ford Taurus I bought my Ford Taurus from my Grandma with low miles (60K in a 10-year-old car). Ford replaced her head gaskets and transmission at around 30,000 miles. Aside from those major failures, nothing else really failed on the car that wasn't normal wear and tear. The wheel cylinders were replaced once (leaks), and the tie-rods became loose so those were replaced as well. I have to say I love Ford's burn me/freeze me settings for the heater/AC.
  • 2007 Chrysler Sebring I love this car. It will be 2 years old this Feb and I have 53k miles on it. I drove a Jeep Cherokee prior to this and the gas milage is awesome! I get a steady 31/mpg on the highway. Came loaded with a Boston aucustic sound system and Sirius radio. I commute 130 miles a day and the drive is very comfortable and it handles well in rain and snow. Great pick up as well.
  • 2006 BMW 325i I owned a 325i for 2 years and loved every minute of it. Not once in two years did I experience even the smallest problem whatsoever with my car. Even more, I loved the fabulous service provided by BMW dealerships and service professional. Oh BMW, how I'll miss you.....
  • 1992 Pontiac Firebird My girl friend bought a Firebird Trans Am and what a nice car with the 305 cubic inch V8 it got about 20 MPG and was very reliable.