Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Chrysler Cirrus Body and Interior poor quality. Brake performance average, Drivetrain dependable, 4 cylinder engine prone to have excessive oil leaks, Heating and Air Conditioning average performance, Suspension and Steering below average, road noise transmitted into passenger compartment.
  • 1999 Chrysler 300M Chrysler 300M Body and Interior comfortable, wind and road noise below average, well insulated, Brakes very good, Electrical Components overall trouble free, Engine Performance good, Exhaust and Emissions good, Heating and Air Conditioning Above average performance. Suspension and steering has good road feel
  • 1998 Toyota 4Runner Hunted out of this Four Runner for years just have to make sure to rotate the tires, They seem to cup with the four wheel drive, Had to change one injector from running cheap gas besides that really reliable.
  • 2005 Volkswagen Passat Good car. Mine is the V6 w/4Motion. Nice legroom, and I'm 6'2". Engine is peppy enough, but could be a little stronger. I like the TipTronic transmission, but shifting with it isn't as nearly satisfying as a manual with a clutch, but that's not why I bought this car. This is a very comfortable, quiet riding car. MPG is a little low around town, but between 20 - 24 on the highway. So far, there haven't been any extraordinary repairs required.
  • 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 I've been driving Dodge trucks since 1985. This is my second one, bought new. I now have 150,000 miles and I'm on my second automatic transmission. The first one went out at approx. 120,000 miles. Since then, I've spoken with others and there is definitely a Dodge truck transmission problem. The other complaints I have are the paint finishes and the interior dash. The finish on the hood and roof is almost non-existent. The dash cracked after about 20,000 miles for no apparent reason. It's now in various pieces. Other than those problems, everything else has has held up pretty well, but I don't think I'll buy another. Looking seriously at Toyota.
  • 2006 Mini Cooper Great car. Mine is a Cooper S with the JCW air intake/exhaust add-on. Fun to drive. Plenty of front seat legroom (and I'm 6'2"). Rear seat is usable in a pinch, even by me, if the person in front moves the seat up a bit. The supercharged engine has plenty of pep. In fact, I used to have an early '80s Porsche 911 and this car is almost just as fun to drive as the Porsche! Just be careful of the terrific torque steer to the right when starting aggressively from a standing stop. This thing will squeal the tires in the first 3 gears without really trying. So far, it's been reliable and low-cost on the maintenance. There are some interior rattles, but nothing obnoxious yet. If you are thinking of buying a MINI, you need to know they do NOT come with a spare tire, so they are equipped with run-flat tires that are expensive to replace. That wasn't a deal breaker for me, though.
  • 2004 Chrysler Crossfire The Chrysler Crossfire is a nice "looking" vehicle but I've had an issues that my engine would shutdown without warning. The car would restart upwards to about 2 hours later but would shutdown again several miles later. Took it to the dealership THREE times. Only once were they able to detect the "an issue". They put in a new PCV module (or something that starts with a "P"). I thought that would solve the problem but it didn't. It's winter now so I got to wait until spring before I can try it out again. Hopefully my warranty isn't expired by then. If anyone has experienced the same issue, please pass you solution on to me. Thanks
  • 2002 Honda Civic This care is awesome bought it used it is awesome shade of bubble gum pink. It now has 200,000 miles on it. of course routine break tire and suspension replacement. I noticed some people said that their steering wheel shakes REPLACE BREAKS! Your car does need love and care as with any car does, replace your breaks people! I just replaced mine for the first time this year I let them get too bad. I put 600 miles a week on it...little trooper. The hood mount just broke the latch shattered this week, I hit a seagull last summer and it finally gave way. The stock stereo has awesome base and all, my friends love it, it has a cassette player and cd player too!!!! I have the LX model. When I buy a new car one day years from now I will only buy Honda. THis car still gets 35-40 miles a gallon! (with a good tail wind or drafting 40! lol).
  • 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid model. Once you get used to the "auto stop" feature, it's challenging to engage it in the so-many instances that you find yourself stopped. Getting it started from auto stop is best if one pretends like it's a manual transmission. The car handles well, accelerates smoothly enough (adequate but not great power), and the MPG excels with the better weather (in cooler and/or inclement weather, the MPG drops due to Honda's A/C being used to clear the Honda-typical window fogging). The only oddity is that there's no audible warning if you happen to leave your lights on, and the battery goes dead fast. But, a standard vehicle can be used to recharge it. Due to its compact size, only the driver has a hand rest. Black dash attracts dust. To change oil, a plastic panel below engine needs to be removed, but easy-to-break plastic grommet-like attachments make it costly to do yourself at $3 per x10. Best to pay to have a professional handle it. A nearby dealer (Klein) fortunately has a package plan where changes are $20 per.
  • 1996 GMC Yukon We been using my buddies Yukon for duck and deer hunting and you can't beat it, Rain, Snow, Its smooth riding and holds dogs guns and all the gear and gets 20 mpg to boot.
  • 2000 Hyundai Elantra this car is absolutely amazing for the price you can't beat it!
  • 2007 Chevrolet HHR I've been driving the HHR for a few months and I'm quite surprised by the "feel" of this car. It's steering is very responsive, the ride is solid and the cabin noise is very low. My only gripe is the 2.4L is a little underpowered during acceleration and it sounds funny. Once your up to speed, the power is adequate.
  • 2005 Volkswagen GTI I like driving the Volkswagen GTI, the Tiptronic Automatic Transmission is fun to drive. Nice interior, great response, good brakes. Something to be careful of is that you better replace the engine oil and filter every 3,000 miles to keep the engine in good condition. Easy to park in San Francisco. The 4-Cyl. 1.8L Turbo is a gas saver 24-31 MPG.
  • 1993 Mazda 323 OK, so this car isn't as nice as a Honda Accord, Honda Civic, or even the nicer Mazdas like the 626 or MX-6, but these Mazda 323 cars run like champs. Take a licking and keep on ticking. This car was almost never in the repair shop. It needed the basic engine maintenance and brake jobs, but other than that there were nno problems. It's not going to win you any dates or turn any heads outside the club, but it will get you to the club every time when other people are walking or riding with a friend. Simple, basic, great car.
  • 2005 Honda Civic What a fantastic little workhorse! I love this car for its reliability and excellent gas mileage - it never ends up in the shop. The repair and maintenance on this car is most affordable (that's because it really never needs any repairs). For the amazingly low price, I think the car is designed nicely - and it's easy to park in a big city. Both the hybrid and gas version have excellent gas mileage.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta The car burns an excessive amount of oil (a quart every week or two). There are many problems wrong with the electrical system, recently the brakelights turn on by themselves after the car is shut off and it has killed the battery. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR EVER!
  • 1998 Toyota Camry I had the Camry for about 7 years and it started to go downhill towards the end. I have high expectations for Toyota since they are supposed to be the most reliable but I found little things going wrong and needing repair like the dashboard lights and window switches. The engine also had some oil leaks which required the valve cover gasket to be replaced. The car never handled very well. Initially it handled like a boat so I put some aftermarket wheels and sport springs on the camry and they ended up rubbing inside the fender wells when I would hit a bump so it was never quite right. I decided to get a Honda for my next car and that has been better.
  • 2005 Honda Accord The Accord has been a pleasure to own. It drives smoothly, has pretty good acceleration (I have the V6) and has been very very reliable. I did get a check engine light once which turned out to be a bad catalytic converter so that needed to be repaired. That was replaced by Honda at no charge because Honda has an extended emissions warranty. I definitely will consider buying another Honda in the future, or maybe an Acura!
  • 2001 Audi Allroad Quattro 2001 Allroad Quattro: Really like the car when there are no problems. But, it seems that there is always something that needs repairing, from broken armrest cover to rear wheel bearings, timing belts, vacuum problems, electrical problems,tire issues... Also, very expensive to maintain. I am not sure what my next vehicle will be... Overall I would give the Allroad Quattro a 6 out of 10.
  • 2007 Toyota Prius My pal needed an SUV to take his family to the snow for a week and I offered to let him use mine, in trade for his spanking-new Prius. After less than a week we were ready to trade back. Decent vehicle but not much fun to drive, and the car beeping at the driver when the gear selector is in reverse reeks of the ultimate in 'you can't possibly be smart enough to realize you just put the car in reverse' mentality. No thanks!
  • 1990 Volkswagen GTI good
  • 2006 Nissan Sentra great!
  • 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 I bought this from a co-worker a year ago. It’s a 4x4 340 engine. It had 219k miles when I got it. It now has 223k. I had one minor problem, a break line go. He changed the oil every 2500-3000 mi. I am doing the same. It has been a great truck. When it dies and I need a new truck it will be a Dodge Ram 1500.
  • 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Stow and go is great. Big seats are comfortable. Entertainment system continues to work as promised. Only has 68000, electric doors broke, rack and pinion broke, water pump replaced (under warranty), engine growls, front end makes a 'click' when the steering wheel is turned, brakes are way undersized (means you have to replace them often), dealer charges $150 to 'reprogram' the transmission. Looks good but the hard engineering was over looked when they designed this van.
  • 2005 GMC Envoy I love my Envoy. The 30,000 mile tune up was a little expensive. Had to replace drums and break pads at 30,000. Thought that was to soon. The garage wanted 1000.00 to have them done. Had mechanic do side job. parts and labor less than 400.00
  • 1994 Toyota Pickup These trucks are fantastic with the 22RE 4 cylinder. You have to watch out for the timing chain rattle because the plastic guides wear after a while. If the chain breaks or comes off the gears you might be looking at a new engine because the chain usually breaks through a coolant passage on the block. My truck only has 140K miles but the trucks I drove during school for a parts house were getting 25mpg and had 286,000 miles!! Do the simple maintenance and these trucks will run and run. Don't let them overheat or you might need a head gasket
  • 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis My Grandma owns a 1994 Grand Marquis and I help her with it on occasion. She bought it new and it has great features considering when it was made. It has Ford's great burn me/freeze me settings on the AC/heater and the interior is quite comfortable. It's not a hot rod but the engine makes good power and has been reliable. The only problem in recent memory was an issue with the alternator bearing (replaced alternator). As a driver you feel a little disconnected from the road but that's really how the American luxury cars were in the 90s. Otherwise it handles pretty well.
  • 1995 Ford Thunderbird Owned this car (with 4.6 V8) for 5 years now, basically zero problems. Only had to replace a couple bad O2 sensors. Otherwise, pretty decent mileage on the highway, awesome power, and I can drive it anywhere and depend on it to get me there and home!
  • 1996 Toyota Avalon I love this car.... 1996 Avalan roomy- powerful - great engine
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD I bought my Silverado brand new in 2005. Love the truck and will have it for many years.