Newest Reviews:
  • 1990 Buick LeSabre I've had my 1990 Lesabre for almost 4 years and drive it daily. It has been very reliable. The odometer broke at 129k and I've replaced brakes, battery, radiator, water pump, front axle. Parts are inexpensive gets 22 miles per gallon on average.
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer cool
  • 1993 Nissan Pickup (D21) This truck took an amazing amount of punishment from me. I did have issues with the peeling clear coat. The manual transmission crunched in 2nd gear, and there would be a false check engine light that would come on periodically for no real reason. Other than that I was impressed with the amount of abuse the truck took and kept on going.
  • 1998 Acura Integra I had an earlier generation Integra and decided to upgrade to a later model. This one for me didn't measure up with the body and interior when compared to the earlier generation. Aside from that the performance was good, good sound system, good gas mileage, and overall a good car.
  • 1993 Acura Integra I always wanted one of these cars and this one didn't disappoint me. The car handles great, has great power, good sound system and I always loved the look of the car. The interior was laid out nicely and I really liked the feel of the seats. As the car got up in miles the engine did consume oil. Overall one of the best cars I owned.
  • 1991 Honda Civic This has been one of my favorite cars. Great power, great handling, great gas mileage and good looks too. Easy to maintain and fun to drive. The only issue I had was the brake rotors would warp and cause the steering wheel to shake when braking at high speeds.
  • 2002 Kia Rio I've almost ran this guy into the ground with little maintenence. He hasn't died yet! I should start taking care of him! huh?
  • 1998 Ford Contour My 1998 Ford Contour has been an excellent car. It has 227,114 miles. New brakes just put all around.
  • 2001 BMW Z3 Great car drive it everyday.
  • 1997 Saturn SL Had to get the head gasket replaced on mine due to leaking oil, but otherwise a great, reliable car - even in snow.
  • 2004 Audi Allroad Quattro The 4.2 V8 is a very durable engine, and with the bulletproof drivetrain, this car should last anyone a good long time. That is, as long as you can keep up with all the wear-and-tear parts as they inevitably give out. Hoses and suspension components will crack and leak, especially in cold weather (but that's the trade off here for a car that's virtually unstoppable in deep snow). Parts are expensive because of the car's uniqueness, doubly so on cars with the V8 (it uses parts not found on any other Audi) instead of a V6. Can't argue with that V8 exhaust note and low-end torque, though! The interior is standard Audi brilliance, and aside from a few scuffs, my example is in excellent condition after five years and 85,000 miles.
  • 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo I bought this car for $400 in early 2009. It has no major issues so far. The left wheel area makes some noises when driving straight or turning left. When turning right, it clears up. The driver's seat of this particular car was broken by the previous owner, due to the fact that he was 415 pounds. He leaned back, and the seat snapped. No major issues though. It has held up quite well. There is plenty of room in all seat positions, as well as huge trunk space.
  • 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Excellent Car
  • 1999 Volkswagen Beetle I bought my 2003 turbo VW beatle new. My headliner is falling down. I keep the windows cracked so it does not get so hot inside. I have had some problems with my left headlight not working.My air conditioner went from cold to now to not cooling. I have 57000.00 miles on this car. It is fun to drive but if I had to do it over again. I would not buy another one.
  • 1992 Toyota Corolla I've had my 1992 for about 8 years and in that time i've had little problems with it. As far as "problems" go, i have replaced the CV boots a couple of times and the wiring for the spark plugs otherwise this has been a great car. It has 179, 000 miles on it, and has been driven across 3 statelines totaling over 4000 miles!!
  • 1999 Toyota Avalon This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. As is often said; it's the best Buick General Motors never built. My first Toyota was a 1973 Celica,which I kept til 1990,at which time I gave it to an employee that needed reliable transportation.
  • 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt I really liked this car, I was in College and it had really great gas milage, looked hot, and drove really good. I had been really happy with this vehicle until 2 years later we had a really bad flood and I was on a back road at night and did not see the large body of water after going over a hill and it got hydrolocked. To the insurance company this beauty was considered a total loss. My baby was gone, but the rest of the payment was still there.
  • 1994 Ford Explorer Alright to start off with I bought this at a buy there pay here place. It was the only thing I could get at the time for my needs...Well it had 183000 miles on it when I got it. I had to fix something every couple of miles and then 6 months later I was driving down the highway from work during an ICE STORM. Worried not to crash and tried to see if I could stop on the road before the interestion and what happens? I CAN GO ANYWHERE, not foward, or backwards. I was stuck in the middle lane with my blinkers on. Thankfully after sitting there for 30 min a man asked me if I would like to be pushed into a parking lot near buy. Since I had called 911 and said a lot of 911 calls were being made and that someone would be there when they could. So then 15 min after I was in the parking lot the police man came and I asked for a tow truck company number. This happened at midnight I got home at 3:00 am. So do not buy a used 1994 Ford Explorer for my experience has not been so great.
  • 2006 Toyota 4Runner Love this truck. great engineering, good looking, good power in the V8. I haven't had any problems with it.
  • 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser With 75,000 miles on it, my wife's 2002 PT Cruiser has required a torque converter, lower control arm bushings, wheels (original ones corroded), wheel bearings, and a few other items.
  • 1995 Ford Probe The leather upholstery recently started ripping at the seams, but other than that, if taken care of with proper maintenance and regular tune ups, this car will last you a long time!
  • 2003 Toyota Echo very good car. mileage.a good car
  • 2004 Cadillac DeVille Let's see, where do I start. I agree with Russ, in that the Deville is a great car to drive as long as you can keep it out of the repair shop. However, with that being said this car will test you patience and wear out your pocket book. For being GM's elite luxury car line there are too many quality issues and the parts used in this vehicle are subpar at best for this type of car. GM also refuses to acknowledge these issues by turning a deaf ear. If you don't believe me read the nuerous cadillac forums pertaining to window regulators, vibration issues, warped rotors, parking brakes etc. During the warranty period this car was in the dealer numerous times for vibration and electical issues. The cause ended up being warpped rotors and improper tire balance which they fixed. The electical issues they kind of fixed however i can not use the front auxillary outlet to charge my phone or run my GPS because my fuse will blow. So, I'm left with having to plug into the outlets that are in the rear doors. between 36,000 and 40,000 miles I had to replace the crappy michelin tires that came with the car despite rotating them at every oil change. In addition all of the window regulators failed and had to be replaced. The plastic clips that hold up the slide mechanism are too cheap and weak for the weight of the glass. This really irritated me because the only windows that were ever used were the fronts. The rear windows were never rolled down. The kicker is that even though the motor is still good, you have to buy a whole new assembly which cost $450 from the dealer because the motor is riveted instead of bolted to the regulator. Thank God for Ebay. To boot the driver side regulator busted on one of the coldest nights of the year. I was an hour away from home driving on the freeway and the window slammed down so hard inside the door that it shattered. Needless to say I was furious. At around the 45,000 mile mark the air-bags for the self leveling system went bad and had to be replaced. At the 50,000 mile mark 1/2 of the L.E.D.'s on the driveside mirror for the turnsignal went out so that had to be replaced. Also, the front bearings needed to be replaced. Near the 55,000 mile mark the the front axle bushings were replaced due to severe tranny fluid leakage. Shortly after that my parking brake locked up without ever being engaged. I also started to pick up a vibration in the front end again. Lo and behold, warped rotors and a blown caliper. No that the 70,000 mile mark is soon approaching I can only imagine what will go next. Tranny maybe? The thing that really gets me is that I park this car in the garage, dont drive it hard, baby it and maintain it religously and still this car falls apart. Nice looking car Horrible quality. NO More Cadillacs for me. I've had Lincoln's and Crown Vic's and never came close to having these kind of issues. The only reason i went with a caddy was becasue I wwanted a good luxury car that was front wheel drive to give me better handling in the snow. IMOP If you want a quality luxury vehicle buy a Ford product.
  • 2004 Kia Optima I've owned my 2004 Kia Optima LX (4cyl) for a few years now and have put about 45K miles on it). Outstanding car, great value for the money. No major problems on mine, but I am religious about preventative maintenance. With the Optima make sure you replace the timing belt every 50K-60K miles, as they have an 'interference' motor, so if your belt breaks on you, it'll be cheaper to buy an entirely new engine rather than fix your broken one. Experienced one minor annoyance with the car when replacing the headlight bulbs, the clip that holds the bulb in place is very difficult to get at so I actually had to go to my dealer to have the bulbs put in so that was annoying. I have tracked my gas mileage on each and every tank of gas since I bought this car and have averaged 27mpg mixed city and hwy driving. Have been as high as 33mpg on highway driving on long trips. Brakes are not the strongest feature of this car, but they're not necessarily bad either, just average at best. Would definitely recommend this car to someone who is considering buying one, just remember the warning about the timing belt as these units do have a bad reputation for the OEM belts breaking at about 60K miles. So, spend the $400 or so to get a new belt put in as a preventative measure rather than risk a $1K-$2k repair bill to fix one after it's broken.
  • 1996 Saturn SL1 is a great car
  • 1994 Honda Passport I have owned this 1994 Passport since new. This Passport has been an excellent vehicle. 1. Body, Interior & Misc. a. Interior does not have cup holders. b. Interior todate is original and like new. Very little wear. c. Luggage rack. The luggage rack could be a little stronger with longer primary slide rails. 2. Brakes a. Brakes are strong. Smooth braking. 3. Drive Train a. Well balanced. Smooth. b. Transmission. I am on my 2nd transmission due to a Honda Service Center not refilling after service. Other than this issue. No problems. 4. Electrical & Lights a. Reliable and easy to locate a loose ground wire. b. I have replaced two alternators. 5. Engine a. Original engine is going strong, occasionally I get a little tapping valve noise but it doesn't stay. I have the original engine, it's never been overhauled. It does not burn oil and the engine does not leak any fluids. 6. Exhaust & Emissions a. The exhaust has been replaced one time from the convertor back. No problems with emissions. 7. Heating & Air Conditioning a. Heater core was replaced in 2007. Always great heat when needed. b. Air Conditioning System was totally replaced in 2006. A/C in 2008 was not consistantly blowing cold air. Shop found the power relay sending signal to compressor was weak. Replaced relay, A/C now blows cold air when selected. 8. Suspension & Steering a. Suspension is original. Performing Honda recommended regular maintence the suspension is flawless. b. Steering. The HYD steering was rebuilt in 2006. Like new again, works perfect. No leaks. I'm very diligent about having the Passport serviced regularly. Per the maintence schedule published by Honda. I know this Passport is labeled as a Rodeo, but believe me it is NOT entirely a Rodeo. The Passport rides much better and smoother than the Rodeo. My Passport will exceed 250,000 miles in 2009. I'm looking forward to driving it 500,000 miles plus. I would recommend the Honda Passport to anyone looking for a good ride and reliable performance. To maintain my Passport in a like new condition, I spend on average $1,500.00 annually. This includes tires, wipers, etc. The vehicle looks great, it's safe, and reliable. Keeping in mind this year vehicle has solid chrome steel bumpers, built to last. I've been hit by two other cars, they both had major damage while the Honda barely showed a scratch.
  • 1992 Dodge D150 great truck over 166,000 miles still runs like new
  • 1996 Ford Taurus junk
  • 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bought this at the beginning of this winter and its been nothing but good to me. Starts everyday even in the coldest weather, eats up the road (even in snow) and this V8, 4.7L aint that bad on gas either getting roughly 21mpg highway. The interior is spacious and loaded with leather. Power everything even the moonroof and seat adjusters. With Tilt-Steering and a cruise control this baby is great on the highway and looks good too. So far so good.
  • 2001 Volkswagen GTI I love to say I drive a GTI VR6 but the reality is...it sucks. I have had so many problems with this vehicle. I've replaced the clutch twice. The serpentine belt broke. The headlights and blinkers are constantly not working. No repair shop has been able to figure it out. Agh! I hear the 2008's are much improved but the 2001 really sucks. (When it's working though....I love the big engine.)