Newest Reviews:
  • 1995 Chevrolet S10 Our S10 Pickup Extended Cab with 5-speed manual gearbox and the 2.2L 4-cylinder engine was cheap on gasoline, good little pickup to carry few tools and small load of materials to do small jobs. Both front ball joints replaced at around 85,000 miles. Trouble with the windshield wiper motor and the A/C compressor also went out.
  • 2004 Acura TL I bought the TL new and it is really excellent to drive. It has solid power and is very smooth to drive. One nice thing about this generation TL is that it is not all bloated like the new TL. Pretty easy to part the thing and it has just about every gadget you can think of. One problem I have had is that the automatic transmission and it did not shift right from day 1. After hassling my dealer for a while I got Acura to cover the repair which ended up being a new transmission. Besides that it's been a pleasure and has required no repairs, just scheduled maintenance.
  • 1998 Volvo S70 I am the owner of this car. I have had no major problems keeping up with regular servicing. The brake lights seem to go out more than other cars but the replacement is cheap and easy to do myself.
  • 2001 Volvo S60 very
  • 2001 Kia Rio This a little carthat gets you where your going. Not much else.
  • 1995 Lincoln Town Car car 90,ooo no problems
  • 1998 Buick LeSabre This car is 11 years old and everything is still working perfectly except for the left turn return. It is a very comfortable car - the only thing that I could wish for is better insulation - the road noise is more than it should be in a car of this quality. I get 28-29 mpg.
  • 2007 Toyota Prius The best engineered car I have owned. The radio could have better reception
  • 2004 Dodge Durango Bought new, 2004 Limited 5.7 HEMI About 50,000 miles on it now with no problems at all, it has served as a 7 passenger bus, and with all the back seats folded down has done house renovation duties, very versatile. The handling for such a large thing has shocked me at times, did I just do that? I also own a sports car, so I have something to compare to, and this thing handles amazingly well. It does love the gas station though, I would say about 15MPG is about average, but it does have a big V8, so thats expected. Also unstoppable in the snow, it's All Wheel Drive, nothing needs switching, unless you want to go off road, then you can choose to lock it in 4X4 mode, or 4X4 low mode. DVD player is nice for the kids on those long trips.
  • 2000 Dodge Stratus Bought new in 2000, the only time it's left us stranded is just recently, fuel pump went out, but for 130,000 miles I'm not complaining, it's been a great car, parts for are dirt cheep, I put some after market drilled and slotted rotors on the front, my Wife is hard on brakes and warped the stock one's. Replaced all the plugs myself, this looks harder than it really is on the 6cyl. The leading edge of the hood tends to rust out on 80% of these cars, 2000 and 99 I think, I noticed this by looking for one at the junk yard. Put some after market wheels and tires on it, went up from 15s to 16s and man, it handles so much better with a little bit more rubber on the road, not to mention looks great with the new wheels, I think I'll just keep it forever, even though we have a newer car now.
  • 2007 Nissan Altima this is the best altima 2.5sl i ever had faster than my 2004 altima 2.5sl more reliable too.no more engine problem i hope so.so far so good.
  • 1992 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 My old Suburban was a tank! It handled surprisingly well for being so large, but I wish the brakes were a little stronger like the newer trucks have. The chevy 350 got me there and back with minimal fuss. I had to replace the HEI module once but thats all for the engine. The stock stereo died on me and the cruise control failed so I had to ding electrical. The seats were quite comfortable for long drives to the snow.
  • 1991 Ford Taurus I bought my Ford Taurus from my Grandma with low miles (60K in a 10-year-old car). Ford replaced her head gaskets and transmission at around 30,000 miles. Aside from those major failures, nothing else really failed on the car that wasn't normal wear and tear. The wheel cylinders were replaced once (leaks), and the tie-rods became loose so those were replaced as well. I have to say I love Ford's burn me/freeze me settings for the heater/AC.
  • 2007 Chrysler Sebring I love this car. It will be 2 years old this Feb and I have 53k miles on it. I drove a Jeep Cherokee prior to this and the gas milage is awesome! I get a steady 31/mpg on the highway. Came loaded with a Boston aucustic sound system and Sirius radio. I commute 130 miles a day and the drive is very comfortable and it handles well in rain and snow. Great pick up as well.
  • 2006 BMW 325i I owned a 325i for 2 years and loved every minute of it. Not once in two years did I experience even the smallest problem whatsoever with my car. Even more, I loved the fabulous service provided by BMW dealerships and service professional. Oh BMW, how I'll miss you.....
  • 1992 Pontiac Firebird My girl friend bought a Firebird Trans Am and what a nice car with the 305 cubic inch V8 it got about 20 MPG and was very reliable.
  • 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Bought one of these for my mom and she loved it very reliable now she has a honda but she says she always liked her camaro.
  • 1996 Lincoln Continental Have owned this car since almost new--more than a decade, and it's still treating me well. The interior has worn okay, and I've had to replace an alternator. Otherwise, it's comfortable, safe, and powerful. One of the best Lincoln's I've owned.
  • 1994 Ford Aerostar This was a horrible vehicle. Rode like the truck chassis on which it was based, had persistent "check engine light" trouble, and one time, the front tire almost sheared off, according to our mechanic.
  • 2005 Kia Spectra We bought this car to replace a used 1992 Camry so almost anything remotely new was a wonderful change but I'm happy to say this little car has done a great job at serving its purpose. Good gas mileage (at least 28 mpg no matter city or highway), great warranty and zippy for a 2.0 L 4 cylinder engine. I gave mostly 3s and a few 4s because this car is a solid average car but is better than most cars in the same class. Kia has come a long way, especially in the US, and I'm sure we'll see better and better cars from them as time moves on.
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz ML430 I have been very happy with my purchase.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Impala Bought 2 2008 Impala LT's this past November. Both were used........23k miles. Excellent Condition. Both wife and I have only one complaint and that is for a car with a cabin so spacious........very few storage areas. No drink holders in the rear. Interior cabin lights seem to be lacking. Other than that...we love both cars. I installed a K&N Airfilter on both are we are now averaging 34mpg on the hiway. In town MPG is roughly 26. Can't complain at all. We both had 2005 Malibu's. Wife had the Malibu Maxx which the MGP absolutely sucked while mine........the LS sedan was getting around 34. Both cars seemed very powerful. Even though the engines in the Impala's are the same 3.5lt v6 the Malibus have.......they are not lacking for power at all. All in the transmission. All in all we both love our Impala's......just the ride itself compared to the Malibu is enough to make us glad we switched.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier nothing but problems with radiator and overheating. I only drive to and from work (6 miles each way) and have had to replace both radiator and head gasket 2x
  • 1996 Ford F-250 Great Truck! The glow plugs had to be replaced and the water pump replaced because it was leaking. Never left me stranded or worried. I have the 7.3L Turbo Diesel
  • 1991 Volkswagen Fox The VW Fox has a nice engine and transmission, they were trouble free for the few years I drove this car. The interior was pretty cheap and it handled terribly. The suspension was non responsive and it kind of floated as you drove it, much like an old Buick.
  • 1992 Toyota Pickup Having now driven over 200K miles I can only say that I wish they would make this EXACT truck again! I have never owned a more reliable vehicle. I am very careful to keep it properly maintained (I do all of my own maintenance) especially in regard to oil changes. The only mechanical problem I've had is timing chain failure at 120K. Yes, the guides disintegrated, the chain snapped & did chew up the inside of the timing cover. I did the repair and decided to just replace the guides & chain assembly every 80K thereafter. So I now just completed the 2nd replacement. It is a bit of a pain, but well worth it. As for all other systems, I have had no problems. Brake pads have been replaced 3 times. A/C system is still original and has never needed service. The 89-95 Toy Pickups are uniquely simple and very well designed mechanically (except the plastic timing chain guides LOL). I'm keeping it and going for 300K.
  • 2005 GMC Savana 1500 I drove a GMC Savana 1500 cargo van for almost 3 years around the San Francisco Bay Area as well cities like Santa Rosa, Modesto and Davis. As a cargo vehicle the performance was amazing, capable to carry a lot of weight and runs smoothly with excellent brakes response. In the outside is a tough car. In the inside the seats arm rest are really weak, but it has a strong A/C. Without any mayor mechanical trouble other than replacing a couple brake light bulbs and a few fuses, I would say that the overall weakness is the low gasoline mileage.
  • 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Great car - family owned it forever. Few problems that were not mileage-appropriate.
  • 1990 GMC Suburban 1500 This workhorse Suburban was very rough around the edges. With less than 100,000 miles it blew a headgasket. We also had a tire blowout on I-5 that luckily didn't cause an accident. I never felt very comfortable driving the truck and it just required too much repair given how young it was.
  • 2004 Ford Ranger Always used Ford Rangers for delivery trucks, Can't beat them. Tried to use Toyotas but they demand a premium price so we stuck with Rangers very reliable.