Newest Reviews:
  • 1991 Mazda 323 I LOVED MY 323. it was my first car.i beat the crap out of it. it jumped tracks, ditches, and fields. ran 115 mph with more to go but it got scary. the rear strut towers rotted out and the struts pushed through. so watch out for that.
  • 1993 Buick LeSabre I hate that you cannot select any options on the heater/ac. I like warm feet!
  • 2001 Subaru Forester I bought my Forester new in 2000. I have 84,000 miles and have had a few issues. I had to replace 3 CV boots , and I have a heating coil leak. So far the head gaskets are holding. Overall its been a great car. I love the AWD. I would recomend this car to anyone.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I purchased this truck used, when it had only 7000 miles, it now has 47,000. As far as performance and towing power, I'm happy with what this truck is capable of. My main complaint is the fold down console's lid, it has already broken. Then the driver's window switch broke, but a small screw driver helps me to keep from spending $187 to replace the circuit panel in the door. I've used this truck a couple times, to haul cars 900 miles and it performed well. The 6L engine has the power to pull an 18' flatbed trailer with a vehicle on it, and maintain traffic speeds. When not towing, this truck is almost a 'hot rod', with the 6L engine and 4.10 gear ratio, there are no problems at all getting around in traffic of any sort. The four wheel disc brakes, w/ hydro-boost, are great. It does have a pretty rough ride, but that is to be expected, being a 4X4 2500HD, with a towing package. Vet pleased with this truck and I donot regret not getting a diesel.
  • 1995 Mercury Mystique I've done put a transmission in this car now its bad,now it want crank,i think it mighta jumped time,and there is oil in cylinder 1 and 3 why?if you know please let me know.
  • 1995 Ford Escort Bought this little car with 140,000 km on it a few years ago. Now have 240,000 km, with little trouble. I have replaced a lot of parts, but things that wear out, such as struts, brakes, and the clutch, parts are reasonably priced, and the maintenance, which I do myself, is fairly straight forward and simple, however, I have a mechanical background. Oh, I'm in Canada, not California, but its the only zip code I know, hahaha
  • 1991 BMW 325i The only problems I have with the car are as follows: The right side of the dash lights went out plus the one on the thermometer and clock, the speedometer/odometer have quit working for a while every once in a while but they come back when you start the car again usually, the sunroof froze up on me and won't slide open, and the steering has a slight rattle on bumpy roads. That said I love the car. It is amazing in so many ways. Good gas mileage, power, and style. It's German engineered. It's Reliable. It's everything you could ever ask for...just add a CD/mp3 player.
  • 1999 Toyota 4Runner Overall it's a good running car I've taken a lot of trips in it. The only problem that I have is my dash lights are out and I can't figure out how to get the dash out so I can fix them.
  • 1998 Chrysler Sebring The wife and I bought this car new in 1998 ,we have maintain this car properly and have received a pleaser driving this car ,and would not hesitate to buy another sebring conv.
  • 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis these is my favorite car
  • 1993 Volvo 850 Great car especially with over 200K on it. Runs like new.
  • 1997 Ford F-150 have owned my 1997 f-150 4x4 for about 7 years and have driven it daily, It now has 225000 miles. The heater/ac air handling has gone haywire 4 times . Reoccurring problems with the some door has been the main problem. Repairs are very expensive because the entire dash panel has be removed (8 hr repair at dealer) Ford blew it on this !!! Other wise i really love my truck
  • 2001 Ford F-150 I have owned this vehicle since new...my first truck....I love it....I follow the maintenance schedule and have had no problems. At 90,000 miles I just replaced the brakes for the second time, and am on my second set of tires. Fuel Economy was 15 MPG when new and is still 15 MPG. Vehicle has not been back to dealer except for scheduled maintenance. I love the looks of both the exterior and interior and everything still works after 8 years. Thank you Ford for building such an outstanding vehicle!
  • 2003 Dodge Dakota 2003 Dakota Sport Plus Quad cab, 4x4, 4.7L V8, I had very few isses with this truck and have 115K miles on it.
  • 1999 Jeep Wrangler thease jeep wranglers are the best i had a 1999 that i drove until it had 297,628 miles on it the original 4.0 still ran great the manual trans still shifted as it should i only had to replace the clutch once the body held up great no rust any where i had to rebuild the drivers seat once the pading got a little soft after the first 150,000 miles but other than that it was a great truck i would still be driving it if i hadent got such a good deal on my new one i hope it last as long
  • 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee We bought this lemon from a used car sales man, Who was moving out of the state and we got a raw deal. The guy said all it need was a wheel baring, Which wasn't even the case, Now we cant even found out the right price to fix the transfer case. Loved the car used to have another one before this..
  • 2001 Volkswagen Beetle I have much love for Beetle!
  • 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser I got this car at 104,000 miles, almost 3 years ago now. Despite only being 4 years old, the tailgate was beginning to rust, and the rear Chrysler emblem was gone. Other than that, the body is fairly solid, and still looks great in the wash. The brakes work well, and last quite a while. No problems there. I've had to replace a water pump for $600, which until recently was my most major expense. Chrysler has definitely gone with form over function on this car. The engine compartment is extremely cramped, making it difficult to work on. The battery is actually covered by the air filter enclosure. The air intake plenum has to be removed to even get to the spark plugs, which adds a significant cost to a tune-up. Despite all that, the engine itself (the base 2.4 liter i-4 in this case) seems pretty solid, albeit a bit slow, well, actually very, very slow. It feels very underpowered. This is a grandma's car through and through. There was a bit to be desired on the taillights. Changing the rear bulbs is a bit of a pain. Normally a large flathead screwdriver is enough to get the taillight assembly off, but if there is any corrosion, only a special star bit will work. Why they didn't just use a philips head for this, I'll never know, especially since the light bulbs need to be changed. After a few years of owning the car, the light bulb sockets fried. They aren't just sockets, but actually have circuit boards in them. It cost me about $80 to replace all four taillight/rear blinker sockets and bulbs. Also, some of the dash lights were burned out when I bought the car, so it's hard to see the gas gauge at night. I have had (thankfully) no transmission problems as of yet. I have had no exhaust or emissions issues, either. Heating and air conditioning works well, and the A/C has lasted 2 winters so far without needing a recharge, which is an improvement over Chrysler vehicles from the 90's, which required a recharge every year. I have had major suspension and steering problems. Currently the car is in the shop getting a new steering rack. Thankfully the power steering pump is okay. I got the issue fixed before but it didn't solve the underlying problem apparently. I would not purchase this car again just for that issue. Suspensions are extremely expensive to work on and only poor engineering and design can account for a car having problems like this. Overall, it is an okay vehicle. The base, non-turbo engine is not only slow, but gets lackluster gas mileage (only an EPA estimated 25 mpg highway, while other cars in this class regularly top 30). The handling is sloppy and it just feels like the car is too heavy for its suspension. It is not any fun to drive. For that reason as well as the steering problems I've encountered, I can't recommend this car to anyone for any purpose.
  • 1995 Ford F-150 Lightning i think its a fun truck love to beat ricers with it
  • 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS I bought the car from the original owner with 77K miles in 2004 and it now has 89K miles. I really like this car. In fact I bought an "daily" driver/beater so I could keep it pristine. The SS is very distintive and is not a "belly-button" car (you know everyone has one). It is very comfortable, has excellent stopping power and more than enough power. I have made some minoe changes to get that littel "extra" we added a S&B cold air induction, reprogrammed the PCM, replaced/upgraded the optispark, 8mm plug wires, new plugs, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, ceramic brake pads, ProComp 1.6:1 roller rocker arms and several more small mods. The car gets 27.8 mpg on the highway and 17.6 mpg around town. Handling is excellent but tires are expensive. No major problems except the ac compressor died and had to be replaced. Overall I love this thing and plan to keep it forever. Remember "So many Mustangs, so little time".
  • 1997 Mercedes-Benz S320 Overall I am impressed with the total package.The fit and finish as well as performance and fuel mileage is very good. That inline six (104) really shows it's muscle with a heavy car such as this. Plenty of leg and head room too!(but that radio "code" thing has to go!!)
  • 2001 Chrysler 300M Value for the dollar is excellent. I bought it used a few years ago for less than 10 grand. I love to drive this car because it is pretty fast and handles well on twisted roads. I can get around 29 mpg on the highway if I drive 65 mph. Sound system is good. On the negative side, the dash has split and the interior door handle broke (one cost $250 to repair). Thought about something newer but many of the newer models copied the design of this one so why bother?
  • 1999 Lincoln Town Car Very reliable car get the signiture or designer series.
  • 2006 Chrysler 300 If you are a buyer, there is a world of difference between the different models. The base model is a fleet-rental that shares the body with the others. The 300C is a blast. Not opulent but very comfortable, roomy and handles great.
  • 1994 Ford Crown Victoria Very reliable car. It's a roomy car with just enough in the options department. Could use a little more horsepower due to the heavy body, but that can be done through things like dual exhaust, intakes, and other small replacements.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Malibu I have owned this car for over 4 years and have little to no problems with it. I have had to replace the tires once and the brakes once in over 65,000 miles. It gets great mpg averaging over 30 mpg on highway and 24 city. I love the electric steering, very easy. The interior is very comfortable even in the back seat. I would, and have, recommended this car.
  • 2007 Hyundai Elantra This Elantra gets great gas mileage and that is even without babying the accelerator. Since day one I have only had to changes the oil and filters. Car cruises at highway speed with little effort. It is a great car in the City or on the road. I also had a 2000 Elantra and passed it onto a relative, which still running good. I'm glad to have another one. Very reliable and inexpensive !!!
  • 1994 Toyota Celica My 1994 Celica is the best car I've ever had. I think that much higher priced sports car drivers are surprised when I out corner/curve them. I have the 1.8 engine ST with an auto trans. The best thing? It has 246 thousand miles and still drives great! The road clearance is amazing considering it looks low to the ground. I've taken it camping on rough roads and the little bugger is very tough - I even slammed the front wheels into a unseen ditch on a dirt road and rocked it out by slamming the tranny fwd-reverse, fwd-reverse until it pulled me out in reverse. No damage. The original cloth upholstery still looks good (I weigh 220 lbs) and the driver seat lumbar support still leaves me feeling rested on long drives. My 6' tall friend was forced to ride in the back seat for 450 miles and when I asked how it was he replied "Pretty good". I could go on and on, let's just say that this is one hell of a car. Oh, did I mention the very responsive and intelligent gearing? Ok, nevermind.
  • 1990 Buick LeSabre I've had my 1990 Lesabre for almost 4 years and drive it daily. It has been very reliable. The odometer broke at 129k and I've replaced brakes, battery, radiator, water pump, front axle. Parts are inexpensive gets 22 miles per gallon on average.
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer cool