Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 Honda Accord My 2003 Honda Accord EX 4cyl. has been very reliable other than the brake & rotor problems experienced on all '03 models. The dealer readjusted the distance between rotors and pads and problem solved. Never use the plastic visor extender, once you do it will rattle forever. The power blower resistor in the dash had to be replaced when the ac/heater fan simply quit. Other than that it's been a very good car and I would buy another Honda. I have over 87,000 miles on it now.
  • 2001 Chevrolet Impala Pros: Good basic transportation, plenty of passenger room, leg room (front & rear), easy to drive), large trunk and reach through back seats, interior cabin lights lacking, inexpensive to buy and maintain. Cons: No cup holders in the back.
  • 2006 Ford Explorer Have 55000 miles on Explorer. Engine light has been on 3 times. Over two thousand dollars spent to repair the engine light problems. If your engine light comes on, take it for a check-up ASAP. Ford could have done much better on the design of the panel. If the car was driven to work 5 days per week I would have sold it long ago. My wife works a few hours a week and is pretty much its only driver. You know, she wouldn't part with it. She loves that SUV.
  • 2003 Ford F-150 Nice truck
  • 2001 Volvo V70 XC this has been a highly reliable car, fun and well built
  • 2006 BMW 530xi Recently bought this car, very luxurious. Beautiful car, many compliments.. Brakes can be a "little" squeaky when slowing to a stop. But, that is very slight.
  • 2002 BMW 525i The best kept secret about this car is the fact that it's so easy to work on. Anyone that can turn a wrench can fix the rare problem that this car has. I've had mine for over 5 years now, and I've replaced camshaft position sensors, and changed the fluids in the transmission and differential. I replaced the entire cooling system (radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc...) just because it seemed like good preventive maintenance and I couldn't believe how easy and cheap it was to do ($400). One word of caution, if you find you need to replace a sensor- do it yourself and don't buy a FEBI Germany (made in China actually) replacement. Get all sensors from a BMW Dealer, they are not that much more expensive than the Chinese knockoffs and they actually work. Nothing worse than when a new sensor you just installed is dead and you have to do it all over again. Buy the cheap code scanner from Autozone to read the check engine light codes- it works perfectly for this car. The Bentley Service Manuals pay for themselves the first time you do a repair- GET THEM! Parts are easy to find for this car too- Autohausaz.com and Bavauto.com are the two best (in that order) places to go. This is one of the best cars ever built. Very reliable and very mechanic friendly!
  • 2006 Chevrolet Malibu This car is a little gem. Handicapped hand controls. Power seat (lumbar only) makes easy height adjustment for my manual or power chair. It gets great mpg averaging over 30mpg on highway and 24 city. Steering shaft was replaced at 46 k. and tires at 34 k. Plan to buy an 2008.
  • 2001 Nissan Quest I have a 2001 Nissan Quest with 136k and so far I have had issues such as sliding doors sticking & handles breaking off as a result. Also, the power windows have broken on both sides. The biggest problem is the brakes have been a bit of an issue. I have had them replaced 4 times and rotors twice. I finally went to a brakes forever store also and now have them looked at once a year. Finally, I am now having issues with Fuel Injectors. I just had one replace to the tune of $550 and was told the other 5 needs to be replaced as well for another $2,000. Yikes...Good luck for all you other Nissan Quest Owners...we are not sure but may go over to a Honda next time.
  • 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo I have had this 2004 car at 19,000 miles when purchased and i had to change out some box under the hood which caused the air not to work, lights going on and off, radio would not work, what ever the problem was the entire box had to be replaced. There has not been any other problems since then.
  • 2005 Volvo S60 I do love my S60, though think the interior could be larger. I have a 2.5 year old in a car seat who's legs hit the back of my seat when she's riding along...oh yeah, I'm only 5'4", so my seat isn't in the full back position. Also, would have liked the turn radius on the car to be much better. I used to own a 99 Eclipse that could turn on a dime, but the S60 can't turn on a dollar...
  • 2007 Dodge Durango Purchased Used 30,000 mi. Nice truck seats 7, solid 4X4 ! Only down side is 12 miles per gallon with the 4.7 SLT V8 and I had to replace the factory shocks with Bilstine shocks to prevent fluttering of the front steering when driving over bumps in the road. Also their is a howling in the transmission when shifting .Dealer says they cannot duplicate, I am concerned with Chryslers warranties fixing problems with my vehicle!
  • 1998 Mazda 626 Excellent all around
  • 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Excellent and very reliable. Smooth high speed driving and handling. 196000 original and in great condition, minor issue on seat adjustment knobs just above center console area on seats
  • 2001 Pontiac Aztek This van was purchased brand new. It has low miles. The non stop problem with the electrical module which runs the back hatch is annoying. The back hatch should be able to be manually opened if the electrical system fails. Part number to rear suspension has failed and is unable to be replaced with after market - 18060685, 18060684 bushing that is inside the knuckle. Any suggestions would be wonderful. utahoilhand@yahoo.com
  • 2001 Jeep Cherokee I really like Cherokees. I would rather drive one, more than most vehicles out there.
  • 2001 Dodge Dakota Bought this Quad cab 5 speed manual 4x4 4.7 engine new in September of 2000. Currently has 51K miles on it. Had ball joints replaced due to recall. replaced the water pump because of bearing noice. Also put on K&N Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust and Rancho shocks. The truck has been pretty reliable and is the perfect size for a family especially the Quad cab. I really like the 4.7 engine. With my add ons the power curve is much better. Mileage has improved also. Would recommend this truck.
  • 1993 Subaru Legacy Bought this car used for my teenage son and expected it to last about a year since it had 108,000 miles on it. My daughter is now using it at College 4 years later and it is still running strong at 158,000 miles. The only real issue has been a chronic oil leak. Other than that it is the most reliable car in the family. Body is not looking the best but it runs great. It is only front wheel drive and not AWD, but it still goes great in the snow.
  • 1995 Geo Prizm 126,000 miles with $0 spent on repairs other than normal maintenance items. The car still has no squeaks or rattles inside and no road feel unlike many other cars I've owned that are much larger such as a 1996 Olds Cutlass and 1999 Nissan Altima I owned. Another example of a GREAT buy for anyone wanting to save alot of money. This car will still feel and run like a two year car even when it has 200,000 plus miles.
  • 2001 Buick Century Not one repair in 90,000 miles other than normal maintenance items such as tires, battery, oil & trans fluid changes, radiator fluid changes, front brake pads, etc. This is the type of car everyone would want for a trouble free life of driving and quiet inside noise with pillowtop smoothness. Two separate trips averaged 31.7 and 29.7mpg on a 3000 and 6000 plus miles vacation driving anywhere from 70 to 80MPH. A definite great buy for a money conscious person
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Really enjoy this small SUV. While the gas mileage isn't quite the stated MPG, it rides and handles well. Has had one recalled item. Had one item fixed under warranty which involved the unit that allows the air/heat to be redirected from top vents to lower (feet) vents. One annoyance that the service department could not diagnose early on is a 'clunk' noise one hears after pulling away from a dead stop (i.e., after car has been parked and turned off). The noise is probably related to the AWD system (drive train) somehow. While the noise is faint, it is noticeable and gave us concern when we first heard it. Take note if you get one with a sunroof: DO NOT have a bug screen installed as it changes the airflow over the car and will make the rubber dam inside the sunroof vibrate loudly when opened.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Corsica Wonderful car! I bought it used and other than normal routine maint., I have had no major issues. 155K and still rolling strong!!
  • 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup We are the original owners. Other than one recall item and one warranty replacement item, truck has been a jewel. We are about to hit the 80k mark on the odometer and have only had to replace the front disc brake pads and the idler arm - not counting the regular maintenance items. Plan on having this truck until death do us part.
  • 2004 Dodge Stratus leased this car new in March of 2004 I have 67000 miles on it and love it. After the lease i bought it.
  • 1995 Honda Prelude 260,000 miles and I still drive it daily. Best car I've ever owned. Don't buy a new car. Find a babied Prelude, not modified, adult owned. They are out there! It has had the usual stuff done for repair and maintenence and I change the oil every 3-4000 miles. I have the VTEC.
  • 2007 Pontiac Vibe Bought this car used from a dealer in Stuttgart, Arkansas. It was a "program car" that had been used by a rental company. It had 17,000 miles on it and was barely a year old. Great shape, great price. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. I drive to work everyday (approx. 12 miles roundtrip) and have made a couple of return visits to Arkansas. So far, so good. No problems to report. My mechanic says plugs and transmission fluid don't need to be changed til I hit the 100,000 mark! Can't beat that. Love the way the rear seats fold flat. I ride a road bike on week-ends and it fits in the back with ease. Glad I bought this car. Probably another one in my future.
  • 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Have two of these - a Laredo and an Overland. Great vehicles, excellent performance but just average fuel economy. Overland had $700 nonwarranty AC repair when a plastic gear broke in the dash- caused cold air to blow on the passenger side- no heat. Both have steering noise at low speed left turns (like in the driveway). We'll drive them til they fall apart.
  • 1991 BMW 318i Folks I had to make up the zip code I'm from Nova Scotia Canada, this site doesn't recognise our postal codes. I've owned my 1991 318i for a couple of years and recently have been using here in our Canadian winters for travel every day, return is about 65 miles. The rear wheel drive was a blast to get used to, again. I just had it painted for the first time and it came out great. I expect to drive this car for years it currently has 398000km or 245000mi, approx.It burns no oil, the only problem I'm having is locating the hook inside the gas cover to hang the gas cap on, it was misplaced during the paint job. If anyone has one or knows how I can get one please let me know at kguptell@eastlink.ca.
  • 2000 Mercury Mountaineer Original owner of 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with Monterey trim (clone to Ford Explorer Eddie Buaer model. Overall, we've been pleased with SUV - however it goes through front brakes about every 2 years and AC performance has been spotty of late. We have the 5.0 L V-8 engine and average 16 mpg around town and 22+ mpg on long trips. The Mountaineer is built on truck platform so ride is a bit stiff, but has great towing capacity. Maintenece and repair costs average about $1,000/year - not bad for a 10-year old SUV and way better than new SUV payment.
  • 2002 Acura RL Original owner of 2002 RL - and am totally pleased with this car during 8 years of ownership. It has been virtually trouble-free, requiring only minimal repairs along with regular maintenence. 2002 Aura RL has classic styling, beautiful and comfortable interior, fantasit Bose stereo, handles great for a large sedan, and engine / transmission are strong and very reliable. I would highly recommend this car to anyone considering purchase. I plan on keeping this car for another 8 years and have every reason to beleive the next 80K miles will be trouble-free also.