Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 Volkswagen EuroVan I own a 2003 EuroVan and I absolutely love it. It is big, very convenient (I have 3 kids) and it manages to move my whole family for a 2-week vacation by the beach with very little effort. It also has a relatively good mileage - 20 mpg on expresway fully loaded with cargo carrier. Maintenance, although not cheap has been only on wear and tear items. I have put about 50K mi in less than 4 years and the vehicle now has 73K mi... All I have done is changed tires and breaks once and put on new exhaust system. I do change oil regularly and use synthetic oil.
  • 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser I just love my pt cruiser.....its so much fun to drive and very very comfortable to drive. The heat and a/c wow works a little to good...lol in the winter I have to turn it down a bit because I am burning up and in the summer the a/c is really cold like winter. But overall I really love the styling and comfort of driving the car. Gas mileage could be a little better but overall I just love it
  • 2000 Infiniti I30 Brakes and suspension have been an issue with this car since i bought it! The performance and reliability have been GREAT!
  • 2000 Volvo V70 This car has been a lemon since I got it. 3 months ago - the driver side door lock assemblty broke - making it impossible to open. The assembly has to be matched to the car and brought in from Sweden. I was without my car for over a week. Now the ignition assembly has locked up. It will be the same thing - bring it in, tear it apart, and order the part from Sweden - wait a week. All the interior door panels have come off - the dealer wants $2000 per panel to replace. Had a local repair shop put on new clips and reattach. It cost $100. Parts were $2.50. This car has no traction. It slips and slides up the slighest hill with frost. No getting around in the snow or ice we have here in the midwest. I bought this car for long term. the engine seems sounds, it is the rest of the car that is falling apart. I hate this car - and will never buy another volvo. My last 2 cars were toyota and honda - wanted a wagon to carry more kids. silly me.
  • 1995 GMC Jimmy I loved this truck when I got it and it was pretty trouble free for the first year but then trouble started and it has not let up. rust is a big problem and the trim and interior is in bad shape. i replaced the water and fuel pumps early and the check engine and ABS warning lights are always coming on, even after i take it to the dealer in Philadelphia. i did all the maintenance GMC said and it still has lots of problems like the transmission seals and it leaks coolant into the cabin sometimes. this reminds me that i should sell it.
  • 2005 GMC Sierra 3500 the best truck i ever owned. i got this one for work and its never let me down, even in the dead of winter. i have replaced the spark plugs and wires and maintain it to the service schedule exactly. this is why i own GMC trucks. i already have 58000 miles on it. i am told the water pumps on these babies tend to fail so i'm watching it close for leaks.
  • 1992 Jaguar XJS this car requires a little maintenance but it is really a pleasure to drive.
  • 1992 Nissan Pathfinder overall a reliable truck at 217,800 i would never buy anything but a nissan from now on
  • 2005 BMW 760i This is by far the ultimate driving machine for me. Only thing is, where do I go from here? By far the best sedan I have ever owned, Only one problem so far the tilt steering went out but was covered by warranty. So go out there and buy one what are you waiting for?
  • 2007 Hyundai Sonata What a treat it is to drive my Sonata! even after 100000 miles with no minor or major repairs and only scheduled maintainance, my Sonata is as smooth and quiet as the day I took delivery. It's hard to resist the temptation to cruise at 80 mph all day. I would recommend the 6cyl over the four just to experience the smooth powerful engine performance. This is the nicest car I have ever owned. ( I had two light bulbs go out , and the trim is not very exciting but it is well done)
  • 1996 Chrysler Town & Country this van is part of the family, and is only now requiring a major overhaul. we just replaced the engine[3.8] rebuilt the entire front end and the tranny just got replaced. the interior and body is in mint cindition.but the most costly repair is the coolant lines that run to the rear heater to the back of the engine, they rust out and cost over 1200.00 to replace for yoiu have to drop engine to get to them. lots of labor costs.
  • 2002 Mitsubishi Montero I purchased my 2002 Montero Limited with 14,000 miles on it in May 2002. I now have 140,000 miles and this SUV still runs like it did when I bought it. The interior is still in great shape and is as comfortable as ever. What a Great Vehicle. I have never owned any vehicle this long or with this many miles. I plan on another 140,000 miles before I get rid of this one.
  • 2004 Infiniti G35 I've had the G35 coupe for a few years now (bought it used) and it has been a really nice car to drive. The engine is really powerful (much more so than my old corolla). Since I have an extended warranty I haven't really had to do much on the car. I would say that it feels a little heavy when taking tight turns but overall the handling is great. I just need to watch the accelerator. Fuel mileage is not that great...maybe 18mpg.
  • 1991 Hyundai Excel Traded a friend for one of these and man what a jalopy, I guess the cv shafts were going out and he didn't know it, When you hit a bump the car changed lanes. Don't buy one of these with high miles they belong in the junkyard.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Passat Didn't know we had to use synthetic oil till I saw that on this site, What bad engineering to use too small a pickup tube coming from the oil pump beware change oil every 3,000 miles and use synthetic oil or the tube will plug with sludge and destroy the motor 1.8 turbos only
  • 1995 Subaru Legacy Oh yeah, I also own a 95 legacy. Never left me stranded, or had any unpredictable problems, just front oil seals, belts, fuel filler tube and tuneups, buy an old suby and fix it, the 4wd is better too. runs laps around my 04 lemon, rust holes and all.
  • 2004 Subaru Legacy bought my 04 legacy wagon in 06 w 23k with extended coverage. sunroof broke, a at about 34k, my cruise controll failed, around 38k, it failed again. After several frustrating visits that was fixed. a couple thousand miles later, the check engine light came on, the light on the cruise controll button flashed and the car lost power and went into high idle with no throttle controll. This event occured at random10 or 12 times in the worst locations, subaru roadside assistance was of no help since it was allways the weekend or after hours and there was no error code to be found when it finally did reach the dealer, about 3 weeks later. And the dealer refused to offer us a rental, since there was no code there was no problem. eventually that was fixed. Around 43k the car lost all power assist to the brakes, not once were me and my family put in danger at major intersections, but 5 or 6 seperate events, where the brakes would just fail completely at random. I was aware that this was likely the master cylinder, and tried to convince the dealer to replace it to no end. a This occured for months after the initial incident, and the dealer could not re-create the problem. Finally the brakes failed alltogeather, and I had to drive it through traffic, no brakes to where the shop supervisor test drove it, and was scared to cross the parkinglot. Finally the mastercylinder was replaced after three trips to the dealer. oh, and the ignition coil failed on I95 in Ma. leaving us stranded there too. That dealer was much nicer. I am not eligible for the state lemon law because the car is too old. My subaru was a piece of shit. Great awd when it goes.
  • 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Bought this car new in 2002. Had a minor computer problem several months after the purchase and it made the transmission shift sluggish. The cat was still under warranty, they fixed it, service was great and have never had that problem again. This is the 2.7 V6 gets 28MPG average. Since 2002 I perform most of the standard maintenance myself and these are the results: original set of BF Goodrich tires lasted 80,000 miles, replaced the front brake pads at 80, 000 miles just because, the back pads are still the original, I change the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles with Valvoline over 75,000 miles. Changed the plugs this time with the new iridium and changed wires. Just put in a new battery. The struts and shocks need changing and I will do that soon. Downside: the back three plugs are a pain; you need to remove the plenum. Some of the silver paint is pealing from the plastic panel on the passenger side. I forgot to mention this SantaFe has 128,000 miles.
  • 2002 Ford Explorer I bought my Ford 2 years ago. Love it. Except..when it desides it dosen't want to start, mainly in cold weather. It does not turn over,nothing. I would just like to know what the problem is
  • 1993 Ford Thunderbird DRIVES GREAT. BODY DRAIN TUBES ARE A PROBLEM--RUST FIXING BOTTOM PANELS. LOVE THE CAR.
  • 1997 BMW 740iL I love this car. It requires attention, but is a pleasure to drive.
  • 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY HAD EXPIRED THE REAR WIRING HARNESS HAD TO BE REPLACED EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE NO LEAKS FOUND IN THE TRUNK OR LIGHTS. MY CAR WAS THE Z24 MODEL AND WAS FUN TO DRIVE AND IT LOOKED GREAT.
  • 1994 Buick LeSabre THIS HAS BEEN A PRETTY RELIABLE VEHICLE. THE ONLY PROBLEMS I'VE HAD ARE THE CENTER ARM REST BOLTS BROKE. THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT AND THE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER LEAKED. CAR DRIVES FINE AND IS VERY COMFORTABLE.
  • 1995 Mercury Tracer THIS CAR HAS BEEN VERY RELIABLE. BIGGEST COMPLAINT IS THAT IT HANDLES POORLY IN SNOW.
  • 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Very reliable auto
  • 2001 Saab 9-5 The 95 has a lot of problems ... I have 160,000 miles on this car but had to have a new engine put in at about 140k miles due to a malfunction with one of the idiot lights that didn't come on when the oil wasn't circulating properly due to another safety feature malfunctioning. I've had to replace the throttle body housing 3 times and have replaced the turbo twice these repairs were all out of warranty maybe it's just this one car but... I have always owned Volvo's but was talked into buying this car in 2001 and it's cost me... Pretty sure I wouldn't buy another one..
  • 2006 Nissan Altima Bought my 2006 Altima and suffered thru the initial scare that I had a BUM engine. However, it turned out my engine was not one of the bad ones built in Feb/Mar of 2006 in Tennessee. Have had no problems with this car after 41000 - Am averaging over 30 on hwy trips. My only knock on the Nissan is the configuration of the trunk. Can be awkward to pack with golf clubs.
  • 1998 Buick Riviera Purchased off lease in 2001 with 35,000 miles. Car has been trouble-free mechanically. I've replaced the power windows switch on the driver's side, the struts twice, and the battery. Everything else is routine. I now have 132,000 miles on the car. I did recently have the car repainted. GM's clearcoat failed all over the top of the car at 10 years. I have always had an aggravating highway-speed vibration on this car. Using Google to search for possible fixes, it seems that GM has a ton of Park Aves, Cadillac Sevilles, Olds Auroras, Bonnevilles, and Rivieras with the same shake. Multiple sets of new tires, even a new rim have not solved the problem. The shake is just enough to annoy you at 68mph. Other than the shake, the car is beautiful and has held up well.
  • 1998 Volkswagen Beetle We bought this TDI in 99 and at the time the bug had 10,000 miles on it. We had problems with the power window controls and the turbo during the warranty period and they were fixed under warranty. However, we experienced additional turbo problems and the repairs cost us over $500. We experienced problems with the front and rear lights. Getting the Rear lights fixed was very expensive. I was unable to fix myself because the space to work in was so tight..Cost over $100 to have a bulb replaced. We are not happy with the wear on the interior. Material is frayed and the plastic on the door handles is chipped.I am also unhappy with how much it cost to replace the timing belt - over $600 a pop. And they must be replaced every 60K. Having said all that - my wife loves the car which now has over 100K. We are delighted with the MPG 44+ and like the way the car handles and the surprisingly large storage area when the back seat is down. The only caveat I have is the cost for repair on any component of the VW - Any owner must find an independent repair shop to avoid the cost of repair at the dealership which can be 30% higher. We intend to drive this car for another 100K or until the wheels fall off Would we buy another beetle - probably not
  • 2005 Jaguar S-Type When I'm driving my wife's Jag around the vineyards of Sonoma it makes the high price of upkeep worth it. This is a luxurious vehicle that exudes class, something I need much more than my wife! It's a fortune every time I take it in to the shop, but that isn't a surprise. I've owned Audi's, Porsche's and Mercedes and they all seem to have their share of problems.