Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser I love this car but I have had troubles with it. Had to have 2 water pumps put on it, bushings on lower control arms, front wheel bearings, oil pan removed due a oil leak,camshaft sensor went bad . Car only has 34,000 miles on it.
  • 1996 Ford Probe First off, I can only speak for the 5 speed GT. Really fun car to drive. Nice feel, good power and handling. Nice looker too. Always get looks at the stop light or kids wanting to race. Be prepared though, expensive to maintain. A good set of wires could run you over $100. Limited production and in my opinion, soon to be sought after classic.
  • 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E I have a 4-matic so a bit diffrent. I love the car even with the problems it has truthfully for a car that once cost $40000+ New and still somewhat have a value and a demand for well can't really complain about it. Only issues i have is the front suspension bushings go bad prematurely especially 4matic, which also bring me to the front brakes causing vibration and squeaking after 50% spent which can be fixed by getting vented disks and good quality pad. The headgasket has been done as well which for anyone that does it no matter what a mechanic tells you you must have the head plained to make sure you have a even match or else the leak will come back. The car for the milage i have 201,000 i cannot complain because for another type of car that had the same i am sure the quality of parts would not hold up to the test of time like a 1990 Mercedes 300E.
  • 2006 Volkswagen Passat I bought this car used with only 13,000 miles (volkswagen company car) I have the 3.6 engine with luxury package 1. Pros: Great engine power, great interior, great repair dept at dealership (I think this is a common thing across volks. dealerships) Cons: road noise, annoying interior squeaks, too many minor and major repair issues. I have had more problems with this car than any other car I've owned. Fortunately, most of them have been under warranty but I drive lot and I'm already out. The last problem was a defective sensor on the steering column that required completely replacing the column..because i was only 14,000 miles out of warranty Volkswagen did a goodwill repair and picked up 50% of the 1400 repair bill.. but still ouch. In the end I'm torn love the service dept and volkswagen really impressed me by stepping up when they ovbiously didn't have to..but I would cautious about buying another one especially out of warranty.
  • 2003 Ford Ranger I've been given my 03' Ford Ranger for my graduation present, and because I wrecked it once... This truck rules! whether it be recreation, business, or even the common race "caugh", my Ford Ranger has survived! Though an engine squeak or holler here and there. It gets whatever the job is done.
  • 1998 Dodge Neon I have had problems with this car since I got it. I have had issues with the gasoline mixing with the oil in the engine compartment. The car runs, but it does have a miss at times. The O2 sensor is the problem it keeps going out, but I don't know what is causing it to go out.
  • 1995 Buick LeSabre Great engine. Electrical gets a little touch and go as the car ages. Hate all the gaps and joints in the body - lots of places for water to run and debris to accumulate = rust problems
  • 2007 Toyota Camry I have the 2007 Camry hybrid, it has been great till now. After 51,000 miles the steering is very hard to turn. Its like the old manual steering, manual says it is electic steering, I checked the instrument panel fuse its fine, under the engine there is an 80 amp fuse, I cant figure out how to pull it. Any advise out there?
  • 1995 Geo Prizm I am going on 194000 miles. Great fuel economy around 42 mpg hwy and 35 city. The windows are tight when in use. The water pump just went last week and it is housed in with the timing belt. Independant garage charged $550.00 to fix, but very trustworthy shop. Other than that, since new just basic repairs like brakes, tires, and exaust pipe and catalytic converter. Still runs great and great suspension.
  • 2001 Toyota Camry I have owned the car since 2000. In this time all I have done is basic maintaince, Oil change, put a K&N air filter in it, trans fluid change (none of this flush stuff), alignments, rotate tires, three or four sets of brakes and most recently a timing belt, water pump, front seals and the drivers outer door handle. It has been a great car and I don't plan on getting rid of it. The steering is starting to float a little and the trans is shifting a little harder these days but overall a great car. The bigest complaint is the defog in wet weather. The car is so sealed that it needs to run the AC wen ever it is raining to defog the car. MAN it gets cold in there!!
  • 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Had the car for about 3 weeks so far, and love it. The ride is smooth, the engine is great so far. The interior is roomy enough for kids.
  • 1997 Toyota Avalon I have own this car since it was new. No one else has driven this car (295,000 miles) but me. The suspension for the 97 Toyota was beyond bad. Had to be replaced with stiffer struts. Starter went out at 200,000 miles but this was an easy fix. $150 for new starter. I will never own any car except an Avalon and never any bike except a Harley.
  • 1996 Saturn SL2 My second is our 1996 SL2. When I bought it the engine was ill and I knew it. I swapped the engine and all was not perfect. We have had a series of issues that take time to fix. Passing emissions is the biggest headache, with many "code" issues and many hours troubleshooting piddly problems. We have replaced a drivers window motor(easy from the outside). and have many cosmetic and small issues. This was a cheap, cheaply made car that has excellent performance and mileage, however suffers from nagging small issues that make it a pain.
  • 2007 Audi RS4 awesome car...
  • 2002 Toyota Sequoia good
  • 2001 Nissan Quest nice
  • 2000 Saturn SL Not as good as my 97SL2 but . . .outside of normal maintenance, intake gasket-84K; radiator/water pump-115k and complete suspension from coils to struts-101k. $2500 for 120k miles still pretty good
  • 1997 Saturn SL 270K miles on "Goldie" outside of normal maintenance, nothing until 180K-AC replaced & Radiator replaced; 190K lower control arms and the 250K transmission. So let's see - about $2400 over 12 years, not to bad.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Very good truck! A few problems but nothing major.
  • 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio Love my 98. Got it three years ago and have had to do very little, although the right rear wheel bearing disintegrated a few weeks ago, causing almost $600 worth of damage to to the rr brakes, drum and ABS sensor (had them replace both sides' brake shoes and wheel bearings) -- was too cold to do the work myself. I did the front brakes in less than an hour last summer. The AC has a leak, but what car's AC system goes this far without needing repair? Currently getting a 17990 (idle adaptation at limit) code but confident I'll figure it out. For a 2.0 engine, it has plenty of get up and go and she corners like a sports car. The automatic top is a big plus. I hope to get another 100k miles on it! Being triple black with leather, it is in no way a "girly" car.
  • 2004 Saturn Ion Red Line Overall A GREAT car, although I am experiencing transmission difficulties right now and am having trouble locating a new tranny to replace my broken one. But other than that a great car, good steering and brakes and i love the 'suicide' doors. lol
  • 1997 Pontiac Firebird I love my car. I look after it and it looks after me. I've had most of the common problems mentioned but she's still the best looking car on the road. If they make one this good looking that is also fuel efficient and better for the environment I'll be first in line!
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 I purchased my 2005 C230 new in sept.04 I've never had any problems with the car ever...only recently I have had the check engine light on, but car runs beatiful. Called dealer and they told me if its not flashing not to worry, it may go out on its own, or they will check it on my next service. the only other problem also recently was transmission fluid leak, dealer replcaed a conductor plug, and added fluid.
  • 1999 Acura CL I love this car....mostly. I have the 1999 2.3 automatic. I had the trans go out at 88K. I found out that the previous owner already had the trans rebuilt. This is that famous Honda self-destructing auto trans. The Trans shop I took it to said that this trans had a poorly designed torque converter. They had an aftermarket converter that tookcare of the problem. So, $2800.00 later it is running SWEET!!! Now, I love my car.
  • 1998 Saturn SL1 i bought my 98 sl1 about 2 years ago it had 88k on it i drove it all the way to 231k b4 i dropped a 06 ion redline motor in to it. the motor was still runing fine i just wanted more power over all the car is amazing there are some minor electrical problems bet nothing major this car is a great buy
  • 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT my 3000gt has about 138000 miles on it, all have been trouble free. regular maintenence is a must. do the timing belts every 60000 miles and change the oil regularly and you will have no major issues. the clutch is starting to slip a little, but it lasted 138k plus. the heaters in these cars dosent get super hot, but they do get hot enough for sub zero driving.
  • 1993 Audi 90 Great car dependable on long trips good on gas parts are alittle high to replace but, they last if you buy OEM Audi parts
  • 2002 Volvo S60 This car is a great car if you are looking for a cross between luxury and speed. It handles great and stops on a dime. And its quite pretty. However some of the draw backs of this vehicle are, if you dont have a good paying job this is not the car for you. This car is meticulous that unless you have a mechanic who specializes in Volvo's you will always be at the dealer. Considering that everything has its own computer need I say more. If you throw any codes you are going to have to go to the dealer just to have it reset which can cost you anything from $60-$90, and for something that takes 15mins is really upsetting. Common problems are tranny problems (valve body & sotware upgrades), tires, and sunroof (electical). Also make sure you keep up on the mantainance of this car cause if not you surely will be sent to the poor house. Love my Volvo s60 though!!!!
  • 1990 Ford Taurus I purchased a 1990 Ford Taurus about 10 years ago, while I was a college student. It had a 128K at the time. They kept telling that the trany would go out soon. We drained all of the tranny fluid. Consequently, it has faithfully performed through the last two years of my university education, hauled my three children to their variuos events, and taken us on various important family events. Apart from having to paint it again, and replacing the CV joints, I have noticed no problems with the drive train. With a total of 228K, I think that it has done an excellent job for a 19 year old car. It proves that if you change the engine oil, and maintain all of the fluids to their correct level, a vehicle can outlast even the best of them. Strangely enough, I can keep up with the Lexus, Jags, and BMW's in the Dallas traffic. I'm sure that they make fun of my car, but who cares. I'm not the one making those big payments. I'm will continue to drive that little Taurus. It has proven to me to be a great car. D. Candioto Dallas, TX.
  • 1990 Toyota Celica I love my 1990 Celica - it is a reliable ride for many years now. Zippy, light, yet powerful, and the GT gets me around with a little zip.