Newest Reviews:
  • 2005 Dodge Durango We bought this 2005 Durango Limited used in 2007 with 6500 miles. We have since put on 14000 for a total of 20000 miles. We do not use it as a daily driver. It has the Hemi engine , so it's not too economical. We do a lot of camping and boating and this is perfect for hauling our boat and camping gear. We also use it for any lengthy trips. Love it so far !!!
  • 2007 Chrysler 300 LOVE this car and I've had it over a year. HOWEVER, I do have an issue that when I change gears, say for example from reverse to drive, there is a slight hesitation when I step on the gas for the car to go. It's only a second or two, but I've never experienced this in a car before and it's a tad frustrating/annoying. Otherwise it's a great luxury vehicle.
  • 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E 117000 miles and no leaks, drips, or bad concerns. New brakes ,rotors and tires, but I am uncertain what a 120K mile maintenance should entail and cost. First time user and new Mercedes owner. Vehicle is a 300E 4Matic. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
  • 1995 Ford Thunderbird I bought new my 1995 LX. With 90,000 miles, it is now having its first age problems; five automatic transmission fluid leaks involving old gaskets and other seals. Otherwise, it's still powerful, quiet, and graceful across country or in town. It looks sleeker than most contemporary cars also.
  • 1999 Ford Taurus I purchased my Ford Taurus two years ago. At the time it had 93000 miles on it. After driving it off the dealers lot (it was a new car dealership)the service engine soon light came on. I returned it to the dealer and after some convincing they agreed to replace the exhaust monitoring chip which would have costed $68.00. Last year on the way down to California the front seal went on the automatic transmission. I found out that the engine had to be removed in order to repair this $2.00 part (labor costs $1,300.00).It is now sitting in my driveway with a power-steering pump leaking.(repair est. $275.00)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Only real issues have been: - 17.5 Highway MPG - Headlights dim when windows are operated - Transmission "Clunks" from 1st to 2nd when the vehicle has been slowed down and then speeding back up; like when you hit a traffic jamb coming off the highway and then on the off-ramp you are starting to accelerate again.
  • 1990 Mazda RX-7 The Mazda Rx-7 is a great car. This car is not for beginners but more for intermediate drivers. The 1.3L rotary engine is a one of a kind engine that requires well checked maintenance. Since it is oil injected, checking on oil is a necessity. The great things about this car is the chassis and steering(if equipped with turbo it has very minimal turbo lag), the lows are the fuel consumption and mediocre interior. Overall this car is great for the enthusiast, and its decent as a DD if non turbo.
  • 1999 Dodge Neon I bought this car brand new and have never had a problem with it. It handles well and is good on gas.
  • 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Bought mine used with less than 5,000 miles on it. Base model non turbo, automatic. I have had no problems with it and I really like it. Great style, handles like a sports car, plenty of room, great stereo and not one rattle at 20,000 miles. Gas mileage could be better. It has ample power. especially after I installed a K&N air filter. The chrome wheel covers that it came with were extremely pitted after there first Midwest winter so I ditched them and bought some nice 5 spoke wheels. I think most people would be satisfied with a PT Cruiser.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz S320 S320 is my favorite car. I find it to be the most suitable for me.
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Purchased at Government auction ,circa 2003. 40,000 miles, for $3500. Am satisfied, but would not have purchased this car, if I had known how hard it is to work (on). It's not for a shade tree mechanic: For instance: The engine must be partially disassembled to replace the water pump! There is not much free room under the hood, so that some engine repairs are best made with the engine tilted out of the engine compartment!... Not my cup of tea!..These vehicles, apparently are notoriously hard to work on!... However, I do find that my car is generally reliable: I could have done much worse than choosing this fairly unpopular model!
  • 1992 Nissan Sentra THIS AGREAT CAR I'M ONLY THE SECOND OWNER AND MOST OF THE WORK ON THIS CAR I DID MYSELF I'M TRULY SATISFIED WITH THIS CAR
  • 1998 Lexus GS400 This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned, however, the steering is so quick, the new tires "Mchelin's" makes it hard to stay in a straight line, this type of tire was not a good idea. I was told, after i bought them, that the side walls are too soft, which makes them wonder. "GO FUGURE"
  • 2004 Infiniti G35 I purchased my 2004 G35 Coupe new and took ownership in Sept 03. It is a great looking car that still is appealing today. The seats are super comfortable and the car is a rocket ship with super acceleration and great stopping ability. Now for the bad news. The fit and finish, especially for the interior is not up to par for a intro luxury car. There are tons of rattles coming from everywhere. I'm am a very conservative driver and have only driven a little over 33,000 miles in 5 1/2 years. The brakes were a problem for 03 and 04 G35s and the factory extended the warranty for 3yr/36,000 miles on brakes. I changed to ceramic pads and they are much quieter, cleaner, and should last longer than the 13,000 miles owners were getting out of the OEM pads. The biggest problem with all G35 Coupes are the tires. They all seem to feather on the front inside tires and develope alot of noise around 8,000 miles. The Coupes tires cannot be rotated because they are staggered (different size in front and back). The rear tires have their own unique problems. They wear prematurely on the middle treads. The back tires need to be replaced anywhere from 12,000-15,000 miles. Tires are the biggest cost of ownership for the G35 Coupe 03-07. The sedans do not have any issues here. The last problem is the paint is quite weak and very prone to chips on the front bumper and hood. There are numerous forums discussing the problems I have mentioned.
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Barakes have always been a problem with all GM cars owned in the past. Pads and rotors NEVER last more than half of short term estimate. Currently having probs with cooling system and no warning lights came on and was given a vague description of what the problem might be by dealer. Otherwise.. only expensive repair has been $600 to replace pwr window switches and inside parts for driver side window. All others have been very minor.
  • 1992 Jeep Cherokee Overall problem free vehicle (138,000M). Liked this one so much I also have a 98 and a 04. Just keep the maintenance up and they'll run for at least 200k.
  • 2002 Hyundai Accent Excellent car! Great MPG! Gets you where you’re going at an affordable price. I’ve had very few problems. If you need a 25K dollar car…buy one. If you need a ride to work, pick up a Hyundai.
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I enjoy this truck very much.It rides good and plenty of power.
  • 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Very spacious inside compared to similar models by other manufacturers. Economical and fun to drive, convertable top opens and closes easily in less than 5 seconds. Excellent engine and drive train; my model has the sequential manual transmission which is fun and convenient.
  • 1997 Saab 900 I've owned this car since 2002 and have had nothing but problems with it. Let me just give you an idea: i've replaced the clutch cable THREE times, replaced the entire exhaust system (twice for some parts), gone through two clutches... amonst other problems. BUYER BEWARE! I will never buy a saab again after being a lifetime owner until this car.
  • 1995 Honda Civic del Sol This car is a great value. Not only is it fun to drive and gets great mpg (still in the 30's), the care still rides like new even at 140,000 miles! I'm sure it will still be a fun, reliable ride for years to come.
  • 2003 Saturn Ion I love the center-mounted instrument panel. The car accelerates much faster than you would expect. I haven't had any major problems - just a strange noise with the cabin fan, and the compass on my rearview mirror broke after about 5 years, though the thermometer still functions properly.
  • 1990 Honda Civic This is one of my favorite car to drive, with manual transmission you have alots of fun drive it. But the only problem I have is finding parts for my wagon.
  • 1990 BMW 325iX After purchasing this car, I truly understand why it has achieved a cult following. Fun to drive, kills it in the snow, reliable, well designed, and easy to work on. For being almost 20 years old, it has a lot of the features modern cars have adopted. The lack of cup holders inside the only interior design flaw. These are high performance cars, and you should expect to do maintenance on any BMW to keep it running strong, but it's definiety worth it. Parts are slightly more expensive, but not bad, and if you have even a little mechanical knowledge you can do the work yourself. I love this car.
  • 1995 Nissan 240SX just bougt this car. its high milage so it needs some work. but this rear wheel driver is very fun. a great inexpensive sport car. and a great base for tuners.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Jetta i bought my jetta with 50k. replaced coil packs which is expected with the milage i have now. also some evap system hoses. other than typical repair this car is solid, fun, comfortable, and oh yea my 20valve 1.8 turbo is fast.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Passat The best value car I've had in 25 years. It gives you the best bang for your $. Look after your Passat and she will look after you. My drivers door lock is the only problem I've had in 8 years.
  • 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Sold my Ford F-150 King Ranch b/c of high mileage, and bought this new 9 months ago and have put 28,000 miles on it. Losing all those luxuries from the King Ranch took some getting used to (my Dodge is not loaded), but after adding cab lights and chrome running boards, I love the look and feel of my big black truck! And not a single problem so far. Hopefully the transmission problem in earlier posts have been corrected in the newer models.
  • 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Bought this car used 7 months ago for our teenage daughter. Liked the idea of side airbags, and she loved the sunroof. First time we had it towed, cost $700 for a new fuel pump. Second time it was towed was for a broken axle. Third trip to the garage cost us another $200. Sunroof no longer works, door panels keep coming loose, headliner falling. The catalytic converter needs to be replaced, and I can't afford it. Inside was filthy when we got it and I thought we could clean it up with no problem, but absolutely nothing will clean the vinyl - its sticky and gross. Have tried commercial cleaners, soap & water, goo gone, alcohol. And, like an earlier post said, ours smells like crayons, too. I'm disappointed in my purchase and we're going to sell it because I can't afford the upkeep. Its not the reliable car that I thought I was getting.
  • 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII I love my Mark Vlll, but have spent a lot of money on repairs. Right now and for a long time I have replaced 4 batteries and 4 altinators in 5 years and it still won't start every time. Any suggestions?