Newest Reviews:
  • 1995 Buick Park Avenue Good over all
  • 2004 Lexus LS430 the car is excellent
  • 2008 Toyota Sequoia I have owned the sequoia for six months now, and love it. Cruising on the highway at 75 mph, loaded, I still get 15.5 mpg. Plenty of power with the big V-8. Navi system and bluetooth for cell phone hands free work great. I especialy like the power (up & down) third row seating.
  • 2009 Chevrolet HHR Higher than expected wind noise at highway speeds and side wind deflection is more than my KIA. Would appreciate better acceleration to cruising speed. Otherwise we are satisfied with the HHR.
  • 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. 86K miles. Lifetime avg. gas mileage 47 mpg. Town 43 - Hwy 50+. Only negative was in front spoiler design - too low clearance so that catches on objects such as concrete parking stops resulting in detaching spoiler from body. newer models appear to have corrected this deficiency. Had to replace malfunctioning radio under 50K warranty. Glow plugs replaced at 68K miles. Good car!
  • 1999 Toyota Tacoma My 1999 Tacoma is still the best looking truck wherever I park it. Its 2.7 liter, 4-cylinder engine, with manual transmission, delivers robust high and low-end performance. And, in 4WD, it's sure footed in rain and snow. Having to manually lock the front end to go into 4WD is a minor inconvenience. Its only maintenance has been what Toyota recommends.
  • 2005 Pontiac GTO One of the fastest cars in town.
  • 1995 Nissan 300ZX a very reliable, safe sports car. average consumption 18 hwy, 17 city
  • 1995 Chevrolet G Series Van (G20) when wet outside brakes are very grabby hydroplanes
  • 2002 Buick LeSabre This is by far the best car my wife and I have owned. The car has 134000 miles and has only had tires replaced once and regular maintainence completed by a certified mechanic. The car delivers the best ride and gas millage for a large car on the market. You can't go wrong with this car. The ownership cost is low.
  • 2001 Dodge Dakota good truck for the price
  • 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 I bought this truck brand new in October 2000. It still runs great, especially in the winter. The AutoTrac system is totally awesome for winter driving. Even with 58k miles it still drives great. The only issues I've had is the fuel pump needed replacement and the right rear rotor needed to be turned right after I bought it.
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer thank god I bought the extended warranty. At 64000 the trans started slipping. Dealer changed the fluid 3X, @ 150.00 each time. Finally went to AAMCO, and they dealt with the warranty company and replaced the trans & torque converter. It was then at 80000 miles. Now at 160000 miles the same EXACT problem is back. Temperature control knob sticks so bad it snapped off. Right front wheel bearing ate itself. Dealer said he didn't hear any noise??? Other than that it has been a good car. Love the gas mileage and power (when it is running)
  • 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Minimum repairs for 12 years.
  • 2003 Acura TL Bought this car in March of 2009 with 115,000 miles on it. I have to say the car is great, the stereo is awesome (anyone that tells you the stereo doesn't "bump" enough is looking to rattle the screws loose, not actually listen to music. There is no AUX jack, but I'll live with the 6-disc changer and this is an '03. Leather interior is perfect, it's stretched and shows it's age but some leather conditioner really makes a difference. I've seen people complain that the car makes noise, but really the only noise is from the leather squeaking against itself as far as I can tell, and again if you listen to the stereo you probably won't even notice. I've also seen many people complain about the transmission being badly designed, and I believe it was recalled twice, but to tell you the truth if you buy this car chances are it has enough miles on it for you to notice any shift-delays or discrepancies on the test drive. Mine has plennnnty of miles on it and it shifts like a brand new car, whether I'm gunning it or just cruising. There is plenty of torque-steer if you let it know you're in a hurry so make sure you got both hands on the wheel when you punch it. My right front shock is leaking and needs to be replaced but it doesn't seem to be endemic of the car model. Automatic climate control works great and definitely warms up the car faster that I'd expect, and the seat warmers are a nice touch, although by the time the leather heats up in the winter you'll probably already be warm from the A/C. Auto-dimming mirror is a must-have in my opinion and this one works great, hell even the side-view mirror tilts down when in reverse to see the curb. The mirrors even have automatic heaters to get the snow off during winter. Plenty of space int he back seat, power front seats with 2 memory presets on the driver side. All in all I'd say it's a great car, well worth the money ($7200 after taxes for me) and still looks mighty nice for a 2003, put a Type-S OEM lip kit on this sucker and whatever other mods you like (nicer rims, headlights) and I still get nods when driving down the road. Can't recommend the car enough, just do your research. Oh, 2 down sides, car takes premium gas and if you punch the gas you will be filling up your tank probably twice a week. I do about 17miles to work and 17 more back and if I keep it at 70mph or below I'll fill up once every 5-6 days. Some people think that's great mileage but I come from driving a civic :) Cheers.
  • 2001 Dodge Dakota I have had this 01 Dakota 4X4 Club Cab since 02. It is my 3rd Dakota and I like it much better than the 1997 or the 1992 that I had. Those were V6's this is the V8, 4.7 is a good engine, good MPG. I just replaced the original tires at 56,000 miles. Still has the factory brakes front and rear. I just replaced the oxygen sensor and the MAP sensor and the battery. That is all that I have done too it. My only concern now is that the AT has a "skip" between 1st and 2nd gear. It has been there for sometime and does not seem to be getting worse. Still looks new and I have only used the 4 wheel drive 4 times since I purchase it. We don't get the snow that we use too here in Northern Virginia. I will buy another Dakota.........
  • 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Bought my vehicle from Enterprise with 6700 miles on it. It is 4wd with the in-line six with almost 300 hp. It has performed well overall with 20-21mpg avg if I keep below 70 on frwy. All add-ons like ac/stereo/power windows, mirrors, door locks/etc all still work fine after three years. Interior is 2-tone with camel colored seats and upper part of SUV and black carpets and dash area. The automatic 4wd works well in snow or sloppy mud. The 4wd locked in low was excellent at pulling stuck trucks out of mud and snow. Vehicle also came equipped with tow package, so I just hooked the tow chain to the ball at the rear and pulled them out. I plan to own this car for about eight years total. Oil changes every 3-3500 miles. Rotate tires every 5000-5500. Only actual repair so far has been an idler pulley below the power steering pump. This is the fifth car I have purchased from car rental companies in two different states. If they have a car/truck you like I would recommend anyone considering them.
  • 2004 Chrysler Concorde I have driven Buicks for a few years, I traded a 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra on this 2004 Chrysler Concorde, its loaded and handles good for a large car, but it is no Buick. The 3.5 is lacking compared to the 3.8 supercharged Ultra engine. The Buick also gave 31 to 34 mpg on a trip where the Chrylser is in the 26 to 28 range. Although both are wonderful road trip cars. I know this is "knit picking" but the glare from the top of the dash board in front of the driver is almost unbearable. I will probably go back to Buick after the factory warranty expires on the Chrysler.
  • 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue I like the way the car drives, but just about everything on the car has failed at least once, with the exception of the engine (which has been flawless) and the exhaust. Poor fit and finish. Failures include alternator (twice), climate control unit, power steering hose, heater blower motor, A/C compressor bearing, brake master cylinder, strut mounts, intermediate steering column, transmission pressure valve, tie rods, MAP sensor. Pads and rotors last about 35K miles. Luckily I had an extended warranty.
  • 2004 Saturn Ion My wife drives the car and loves it.Every so often I take it on the turnpike to blow it out. It runs fine and gets very good gas mileage for that four cylinder engine.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Plenty of pep in my sport model, shifting the trans manually is fun. You feel like your are driving the car not that the car is driving you.Only complaint is not enough pouches and places for stuff.the 264 hoursepower engine really makes the vehicle PAY ATTENTION.
  • 2000 Lexus ES300 This is a solid and dependable car whose quality is obvious when one drives or rides in it. That said, the transmission could be more responsive in downshifting under load. It develped a rattle in the front right years ago that the dealer, Longo, was unable to find after a week of searching. The brakes have made a popping sound in the rear at low speeds under braking and I don't know if it was the servicer or the car itself.
  • 1999 Pontiac Montana Bought with 25,000 miles on it; now has just turned 100,000. The intake manifold gasket was replaced under warranty (an inherent problem with this model). The transmission had issues around 95,000 miles, but had it repaired (solenoid?) and have always had it serviced per manual. Had the 100K tune-up done and it runs fine. Gets 26/mpg on the interstate! Does not use oil.
  • 2004 Subaru Outback Only problem I had was a short curcuit in one of the interior wires that affected the sunroof and rear lights. Otherwise the car is very nimble.
  • 2006 Subaru Outback Enjoy the all wheel drive. Easily maintained. Have had no problems with the car. This is my 5th Subaru.
  • 2009 Hyundai Sonata The 4cyl has proven to be a great car for road trips averaging around 33 mpg on a long trip across the southwest. There is a pesky door rattle but besides that its been great for its first 13k miles.
  • 2000 Pontiac Grand Am Brakes have been a major problem ... pads and rotors don't last more than 15k miles. I've given up on taking the car back to the dealer. Imagine my surprise this last winter to turn on the fan to clear the windows only to have nothing happen. Second time for the fan to go out. But overall it hasn't been a bad car. Just not like the Trans Am I had in college. A real CAR!
  • 2003 Buick LeSabre The Big "B" is not driven often, however it has held up well considering most of the miles driven have been short trips.
  • 2003 Acura MDX We bought this car new and it now is at about 99,000 miles. It has been serviced at the dealer most of the time except for some oil changes. We had a rear blower power unit fail under warranty, a right side inside fuse box issue that was replaced, after warranty and the a/c compressor has started making noises, but we haven't replaced it yet. Otherwise, the car drives and feels solid. I replaced the brakes and rotors with the new EBC yellow pads and was verrrry impressed. This is the way to go. The car still looks and drives like new. The paint and the interior are still perfect except for parking lot dents and dings.
  • 2001 BMW 525i the best car ever made....