Newest Reviews:
  • 2006 Chevrolet Equinox The key goes in and sometimes locks up. Had it to the shop and there is a special Chev lubricant you have to use to lubricate it. We also had to have the Trans Cooler replaced it started leaking.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Beetle I LOVE my car! It has been a great run with 123,000 and counting. Yes there were some electric window issues...but an all electric model will have this after a while I'm thinking. Replacing the headlamps are an expensive pain but have only replaced them once. Heat is fantastic and air conditioning is still freezing which is a good thing! No drive train troubles, suspension, steering, exhaust and emmissions trouble either. For a 9 year old car....it is amazing. LOVE this car and hope to get 200K out of it. So far so good! Minor issues due to age....that is a given.
  • 1994 Toyota Pickup jazzman55 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Ephrata, Pa April 8,2009 This has been the best darned vehicle I have ever owned, EVER. I agree with " wildsuns" I would like to have a brand new one. I've been driving this for 13 years and the only major repairs have been the timing chain and guides and a new clutch. I've been towing a 17 foot aluminum bass boat, fully loaded, all over Pa to the Susquehanna River , and various lakes across the state. With a 4CYL it can be slow going over some of the Mountains but it gets me there and home again. I also go to Delaware (Indian River) to go fishing with a buddy there. My Toyota, it's the best truck I've ever had My Toyota, it's a pretty shade of red My Toyota, it's the best truck I've ever had My Toyota, I'll drive it till I'm dead
  • 1998 Chevrolet Tracker The most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. My only complaint is the rough ride, but what can you expect from a short wheel base four wheel drive. The windshield seem to be a rock magnet.
  • 2003 BMW 325i As with the 2002 models there are many expensive and disappointing problems. I love drive this car but find the clutch jerky and although I had it replace before it was time, it is still clunky. The problems with the window lift controllers is very annoying, obvious defective designs should be resolved by the manufacturer under a recall. The dealer told me that the sunroof falls of its track and there is a retrofit kit for $1500, i have never used the sunroof and find that outragous (BTW he also said that before the kit was available the repair cost was $2500). The last trip to the dealer for the 50K service netted me an estimate of over $5000 for repairs to defective parts. I get 31 mpg on the road and 25 around town which i like but the gas savings don't come even close to the cost of repairs.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer old but has been my most reliable car i have ever had!
  • 2000 Jeep Wrangler I bought it as a handy (short) tow vehicle for my motorhome. Now I'm hooked! I've beaten the crap out it and it begs for more! Fun to drive and great on the Az off road. My only complaint is the fortune Ive spent outfitting it for the outback.
  • 2003 Lincoln LS I have had this car since 2004, & except for replacing two tires & ign. coil (part#1c408) @ a cost of $161.69, I have had absolutely no problems with it.
  • 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Great vehicle. I've had it 8 months now and the only complaint I might have is a blind spot along the pillar, but almost all vehicles have a blind spot! Great highway driver, can do almost anything off road, lot's of power and low end torque. The suicide doors are really cool although it sometimes gets in the way in a parking lot. Currently have 15k on it and no issues..not even a blip.
  • 2006 Toyota Avalon This has been an outstanding car. Just had a 98 point inspection, the kind used when toyota certifies a used car. Only items needed were an air filter and cabin filter. Everything else on this 3 year old car was in excellent condition. I also use Amsoil in the transmission and engine. I get better mileage, runs cooler and seems to shift smoother. I change oil and filter every 10,000 miles. This is my third Avalon and I have used Amsoil in all of them with over 140,000 on two of them with no problems except normal wear. i.e. brakes, oil change, tires, etc.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier This is your basic, everyday economy car. I still get 32mpg highway after 5 years with minimal engine service (oil changes) but the biggest problem for me have been the rear drum brakes. The car's interior is basic (nearly identical to previous generation (95-02) Cavaliers) and provides literally no insulation from road noise. The fuel filter failed at 80k (I use Lucas Oil gas treatment every tank) and at 108k the rest of the car is having issues: coolant temp recently hit the red in start/stop conditions, the A/C only works at 40mph or faster, and the suspension is riding extremely rough.
  • 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Bought new 02/00, loaded - all options with a 6 cyl engine for the low end torque (boat ramps). Only 39,000 miles. Repairs: 2 recalls, plus both front elec. door locks in 2008, and all 6 gas struts in 2009. Drives and looks great.
  • 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 I pull heavy loads, 9,000 trailer to 12,800 5th wheel. I have 98,500 miles on the truck (bought it new). I got 11.7 mpg pulling the 5th wheel,AZ to MN to AZ., total weight was 18,660 lbs. It drives and handles great! I use an automatic slider hitch, an excellent unit. I have the automatic xmsn., 4X4, HD with Off Road and Trailer pkgs. 10 yrs old in 10/09 and looks and runs great!
  • 2002 Toyota Solara reliable car, good body style, no major problems
  • 1997 Honda Civic i inherited this car from my daughter when she bought a new 07 civic. she purchased this car new (her first car), and i believe she maintained it fairly well. it is pretty rough outside (red paint in florida sun) but still nice inside. i like driving this car better than our 04 accord. it handles really well. i had some a**h*** in a beemer tailgating me coming off I95, but he kind of disappeared when i took the exit at 65! i might keep this another ten years unless i find a nice crx.
  • 2003 Buick Century Had a problem with intake manifold failure due to GM Dexcool. Cost me $1100.00. AC high pressure hose failed but was replaced by warentee.
  • 2005 Toyota Camry 2005 LE 45000 mi Bought new Battery bad at 30000 mi Tires bad at 32000 Steering bad at 45000 Not a great car for Toyota
  • 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Has been a very good truck. Only repairs have been normal maintence items.
  • 1994 Ford F-150 Lightning I've had a '94 Lightning for six years now & will never let it go. At 150,000 miles it is very reliable with scheduled maintenance.
  • 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix I love the look and ride of my car. I'd like it better if they made all options available on the GT2, instead of only the GTP. Mine is Inferno Orange and gets a lot of looks!
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz E320 I've had a '99 E320 4 Matic for 5 years and love it. Safe, comfortable ride in all kinds of weather and keeps its finish. Regular maintenance with no major problems. Have the occasional oil leak which is common. Great car.
  • 1997 Toyota T100 Just turned 185000 on my 1997 Toyota T100 and it's solid as a rock. It has received regular maintenance and as a result no major repairs. I also had the dealer install the TRD Supercharger at 80000 miles and the response is amazing. MPG 21 Hwy. 1997 T100 SR5 4X4, Automatic Trans.
  • 1998 Volvo V70 XC Overall its a sound car, very safe, minor electrical problems with two power door locks not working and emission light that has just come on. Gas mileage averages for local drivea around 20 mpg.
  • 2002 Volvo S60 I had this car for 3 years and the only problem was last year with a fuel leak but Volvo knew tha so exteded the warranty on my fuel pump and i just had it replace at the dealer free of charge, great car, beautiful design, and the new S60 looks even better...
  • 1998 Lincoln Navigator purchase in 2004,had to repair air bags in 2006,had a few electrical problems due to age of truck,other than that a very good truck.
  • 2004 Nissan Maxima THIS IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.IF ANYBODY WANT TO HAVE LUXUARY CAR FOR THE BEST VALUE THERE IS NO BETTER CAR THAN A NISSAN MAXIMA.THE ONLY COMPAINT IF YOU CAN CALL IT ONE IS THE TURNING RATIO,OTHER THAN THAT YOU CAN'T DRIVE A BETTER CAR.
  • 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier It ain't flashy ;but I've put 80k on mine and had no problems whatsoever. Love the car :)
  • 2007 Chevrolet Impala I've had this car about a year now and so far it's been pretty good. I was looking for a car that would be cheaper on gas and more reliable than my SUV and this was a good choice so far. Aside from regular maintenance, only a few problems. About a month after getting it would not start and took it to the dealer and was fixed at no charge. Under heavy acceleration the tranny doesn't want to shift until 5000 rpm (1000 before redline). On the positive side, the car is very easy to drive, a pretty comfortable ride for Michigan roads, and the E85 option for fuel, though it decreases mpg is nice for the environment
  • 2007 Toyota Yaris This is a great car! The gas mileage especially now with this economy is absolutely amazing. Being a first year college student I am taking the responsibility paying for my own car and insurance, having a car like this saves me a lot of money!
  • 2003 Honda Accord I bought this car new, and drove it for work, averaging about 30,000 miles a year. I now have retired and the car has 170,000 miles and still runs like new. The only problems I had were brakes wearing fast and a serious transmission problem which was replaced under warranty. It has been a gem!