Newest Reviews:
  • 1999 Toyota RAV4 I've been really happy with this vehicle. No major problems. The vehicle is a bit underpowered but they took care of that in later versions. I really wish the headlamps had a longer range though. Any suggestions?
  • 2005 Toyota Prius I love this car, it has been a joy driving it. The only problems I had was the gasoline gauge was not reading correctly and the rear left tail light burned out within 3 years. Minor annoyance are the Navigator is not worth getting, it takes you aroundabout way and the radio needs better reception.
  • 1997 Nissan Pickup (D21) worth the money?! paid $8.5k w/ 35k miles5.5 years ago. i now have 409,500 and the odo broke for about 11k. i still drive 400-500 miles a day in it. the first 300k was pizza delivery. never shifted below 4grand. now i am on the highway with it and the only complaint i have is 3200 rpm @ 70 mph. 27.5 mpg is great considering the mileage. its great for a truck period.
  • 2000 Buick Regal Such a comfortable car and it handles beautifully. I will be hitting 35,000 miles this coming week. It's like driving a brand new car. All that's missing is the new car smell. I love this car.
  • 2005 Toyota Avalon Problems with Tranny making a vibration noise at 3-45 MPH, in 5th gear. I have 104,000 miles on this car. Great care except for tranny.
  • 2005 GMC Yukon Denali No problems so far
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Very reliable, minor problems in 7 years.
  • 1996 Ford Windstar overall not a bad vehicle.
  • 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 I bought my Dodge ram w/ 135,000 and the trans soon went after that, then again at 195,000. Also had a problem with the Harmonic balancer the rubber went on it and caused the balancer to rub a hole in the timing chain cover. This gave me a excuse to install a new timing chain, motor is the 5.9 and have no complanits there still running strong and thats with pulling a 300 lb trailer daily for three years straight
  • 2000 Chevrolet Malibu I have to change the brakes and rotors every year. I spent $1100 for intake manifold gasket, $500 for fuel pump, $60 water pump. CD player stopped working after 3 yrs and most of lights behind buttons on dash are out.
  • 1993 Toyota Previa I have two of these, my son has one. Best car on the road!!
  • 2000 Chrysler 300M Best Bang for the Buck.
  • 1999 Oldsmobile Alero This car has been great! I bought it with 27,000 and now have 132,000. I did just have the head gaskets replaced. It was $940. Last year I had to replace the CV joints. I think they were around $450. Those have been the two largest expenses I've had so far. Some smaller things I've had to do are replace both rear window motors ($90 for both off ebay) and the rear passenger caliber bracket ($90 for everything from Advanced Auto Parts). I didn't know you were suppose to grease those pins when you change the brakes yourself! Oops. I know now.
  • 2002 Land Rover Discovery This car is above average
  • 2007 Chevrolet Uplander We bought a 2007 Uplander and have driven it for around the country for over a year. We love it. It is very comfortable: long trips in other cars would get my back to hurting, and in the Uplander, my back never hurt. We have had absolutely no mechanical problems with it so far, and I like the way it drives.
  • 1994 Plymouth Voyager Great gas milage, good looks and dependability are three key factors we all assess when driving older vehicles. 80,000 miles and still running very well, no oil comsumption, trans issues or drivtrain concerns. Minor negative attributed to exterior paint. Some flaking starting to occur on roof and hood. Will require paint job. 15 years old, it's probably due some new paint anyway.
  • 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought the car new. Maintained very well, only has 89000 miles in today. Both recalls was done. I love my Jeep but without any warning recently the engine just stops at stopping signs. Turns off completely. we changed many thing on it to find the cause, like fuel pumpp, crank sensor, distr.cap, rotor, ign. coil, spark plugs, fuel sensor, trottle position sensor, idle air control thermostat, now we are changing fuel injectors. Hoping that that would fix the probleim. Dealer/service indicated injector leak. Minor thing like driver doors auto lock is not working, dash light just goes away, leaks on rear bearings (fixed) are probleim. Rear window lock not open suddenly but I can live with that. The major problem is the stopping at ideling/low speed or at stop signs. It drive me crazy not to be able to find the cause! I gave the body a 3 because debris can go between the front fender and doors from the corner of the hood and accumulate at the bottom of the body. It is very difficult to clean and smells. Otherwise the interrior are very comfortable, drives very smooth I love my Jeep. IMO the body was the best design, I like it better than the new ones. The spare tire should not be in the cargo area though.
  • 2004 Jeep Liberty Great car
  • 2006 Nissan Maxima This is perhaps thee most affordable driving machine. It is the definition of a road warrior. It has the look and comfort of a luxury vehicle and the performance of a racing legend. Probably the most powerful and underrated engine ever!!!!! The one thing tho, this car is a lady and the better you take care of her the better she takes care of you. I've had this car for a couple of months and I have no complaints. Just as long as you do the basics such as change the oil, rotate the tire, and have it looked at by a NISSAN MECHANIC you'll be in speed heaven!!!!
  • 2002 Honda Accord I own a 2002 Honda Accord SE Sedan and a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe. My honda accord SE is preety well only 92k miles hah the air conditioning dosent seem to be as cold as the civic we also own. and the acceleration pedal is always feeling sticky and all the brakelights all break after i replace the next but all in all i love the accord! There fun to drive and the resell values are holding up good :D
  • 2006 Kia Spectra5 handles excellent,modest power,good gas milage and very roomy for a car this small. I am 6'2 and 290 lbs and have plenty of leg room.
  • 2007 Hyundai Entourage Had this for about two months now and for the warrenty and the price I paid you can not beat it so far. The warrenty is 5 years bumper to bumper and now includes the cloth interior for stains and the paint job on the outside for and color problems for items like leaves being left on the vehicle for a long time.
  • 1998 Honda Odyssey Bought car new in 1998. Today I have 254,000 miles with very few problems. The most extensive repairs is three changes of the brake rotors, one starter (last month), couple new batteries, one oxygen sensor, and rear anti-lock brakes sensors. I am on my fourth set of tires, and 5 windshields replaced. I have the EX model so I pull mid-bucket seats out, fold down back seat and carry a large range of items. Moved friend and relatives. Mileage is good, with it's stingy four cyclinder, but pick-up is remarkably quick...even after 254,000 miles. It uses now about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles, which I find typical for a Honda.
  • 2003 Ford Ranger Great Truck! I even fixed some things the wrong way and the truck runs like a champ. Easy to work on, cheap parts! Great economical Truck with good reliability.
  • 1991 Mazda 323 I LOVED MY 323. it was my first car.i beat the crap out of it. it jumped tracks, ditches, and fields. ran 115 mph with more to go but it got scary. the rear strut towers rotted out and the struts pushed through. so watch out for that.
  • 1993 Buick LeSabre I hate that you cannot select any options on the heater/ac. I like warm feet!
  • 2001 Subaru Forester I bought my Forester new in 2000. I have 84,000 miles and have had a few issues. I had to replace 3 CV boots , and I have a heating coil leak. So far the head gaskets are holding. Overall its been a great car. I love the AWD. I would recomend this car to anyone.
  • 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I purchased this truck used, when it had only 7000 miles, it now has 47,000. As far as performance and towing power, I'm happy with what this truck is capable of. My main complaint is the fold down console's lid, it has already broken. Then the driver's window switch broke, but a small screw driver helps me to keep from spending $187 to replace the circuit panel in the door. I've used this truck a couple times, to haul cars 900 miles and it performed well. The 6L engine has the power to pull an 18' flatbed trailer with a vehicle on it, and maintain traffic speeds. When not towing, this truck is almost a 'hot rod', with the 6L engine and 4.10 gear ratio, there are no problems at all getting around in traffic of any sort. The four wheel disc brakes, w/ hydro-boost, are great. It does have a pretty rough ride, but that is to be expected, being a 4X4 2500HD, with a towing package. Vet pleased with this truck and I donot regret not getting a diesel.
  • 1995 Mercury Mystique I've done put a transmission in this car now its bad,now it want crank,i think it mighta jumped time,and there is oil in cylinder 1 and 3 why?if you know please let me know.
  • 1995 Ford Escort Bought this little car with 140,000 km on it a few years ago. Now have 240,000 km, with little trouble. I have replaced a lot of parts, but things that wear out, such as struts, brakes, and the clutch, parts are reasonably priced, and the maintenance, which I do myself, is fairly straight forward and simple, however, I have a mechanical background. Oh, I'm in Canada, not California, but its the only zip code I know, hahaha