Newest Reviews:
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz G500 Great!!!
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette luxury ride, whisper quiet
  • 2002 Pontiac Firebird This is a great car if taken care of properly. One of the biggest problems with these cars is the headlight motors. They will start making ratcheting noises when turned on - off. There is a company that makes brass gears as a replacement and is about $100.00 for the pair. GM used plastic gears on plastic gears, and the drive gear for the motor gets eaten away. I am assuming the power window motors probably have the same type of gearing. My LS-1 also has a slight knock underneath and only has 12,400 mi.
  • 2001 Mazda Tribute I'm about to get my annual rotor cutting for the breaks. I just paid $235 to replace the cheep plastic inside door handle. I was going to change the plugs until I was told that the intake manifold had to be pulled to get at the rear ones. Another $200+ job. The crome has worn off of the hood protecter across the front of the hood. This happened the first year. On my forth set of tires.
  • 1999 Kia Sportage I have had this car scince 98 and only had miminal repairs.I intend to keep it as long as i can even tho I now have to amke a repair.
  • 2002 Jeep Liberty bought new in 8/01. Had recall (under warrenty) 2003 for ball joint shIelds to be installed due to moisture intrusion under seals. Other than that, no problems. Engine/transmission are just like new. Steering very good easy to park in tight spaces. Body is soild no squeeks or odd noises.
  • 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Sporty, and smooth shifting, Don't like having no real rear seats nor the poor turning radius. Miledge is 20 miles per gallon around town and 24 Hwy. is fair considering the power 200 Hp. The car has that pushing you back deep into the seats when you punch the pedal!
  • 2008 Lexus RX350 This car is everything an SUV should be.
  • 2003 Mazda Protege5 Fun to drive. Wish it got better mpg...it is about 25 mpg.
  • 1996 Toyota Corolla We purchased our 1996 Corolla in 1997, with 15K miles. The auto now has 185K miles. We ahave done the routine maintenance, including the oil change every 3k miles. No major problems have ever happened to this auto. No service has ever been done at a Toyota dealer, they tend to "find unnecessary problems" that need to be immediately addressed. We are going to purchase a brand new 2009 Coralla this weekend and give our old car to a charity, rather than trade it in. Our mechanic said our Coralla is good for manyt more miles- just "take care of it".
  • 2003 Kia Spectra Has been very dependable car, but body is weak--you look at it crosseyed and it scratches and dents. Side door bumpers are placed too low so neighboring cars put dents and scratches just above the bumpers.
  • 2003 Kia Rio Great little car. Always starts and runs, has never been down. 32 MPG in the city, 37 MPG on the highway. Paid $7499.00 for it, brand new. After 52k miles everything is still nice and tight. The engine uses no oil in between oil changes.
  • 1991 BMW 525i great car but expensive to keep even though its old.this seems to have been a very bad year for heating and ac. I almost had to leave at the repair shop but he loved the car and replaced the head gasket and other things after much searching
  • 2004 BMW X5 Fantastic car. Especially love the tailgate on this model. Drives like a dream in rain & snow.
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia We've owned our 2001 Sequoia for 5 years now and its been a superb vehicle for us, taking us across country twice. It has over 125k miles and is going strong. Our only gripes are weak brakes (all rotors have been replaced with moderate improvement), a/c that doesn't work well in around-town driving (fine on the highway), and imprecise handling. That last one may be our fault- probably needs better tires as well as an alignment. When we get our next SUV, it will likely be a newer Sequoia.
  • 2004 Toyota Avalon A Very Solid Car
  • 2001 BMW 530i Good Car, but had a problem with Crankcase Ventilation System freezing up, which was expensive
  • 2002 Toyota Tundra Very Good Vehicle
  • 1997 Ford Aerostar On the whole, this van has been doing pretty well. We did have to put in a radiator. My engine light has been on for almost a year or so but the mechanic I had said it was no problem. We are having some problems with the air conditioning but haven't had it checked out due to the high cost of repairing it. I had another van-a Dodge Caravan 1988 and it cost me $1200 to have it fixed which my previous church paid for. I have a side elevator lift for my electric wheelchair. The space between the seats is rather narrow and hard to get through when I transfer from the chair to the front seat. The right seat is tight due to the lift. I have had some problem with the right front tire wearing on the outside but Sears checked it out when I bought a tire from them and said it was O.K. It drives well on the highway. I also have a problem with the steering being a little too flexible and I definitely don't like the gas pedal Ford installed...it's too small and far away for someone as short as I am. The seat belt also is a problem and if I get into an accident I would probably lose my head. I have been warned to use it properly but it is too uncomfortable driving it the right way. I do like the automatic door locks as it makes me feel safer when I travel alone. The tilt steering wheel is also a great feature. The van is also good on gas. Have had some problems with using oil and transmission fluid. I have the oil checked every 3,000 miles at a local place on Park Blvd. It's hard to do all that I would like to do as far as maintenance due to my husband working only part-time and I only get Disability so we can't afford to do all we'd like to. I just thank God the van runs well and hasn't cost us too much to keep up.
  • 1997 Honda Odyssey My Odyssey EX was purchased new in February of '97. I had a '90 Accord EX before that. I bought the Odydssey because it was easier to get in and out of, the Accord being very low, and I'm a senior citizen. The Odyssey, however, drives like a car and is very confortable. Only Honda service people have ever serviced my auto. It has had regular check-ups, oil changes, etc. I'm only on my second set of tires since I don't drive really long distances. It's twelve years old but still drives and rides like a new car. It has only 43,766 mi. so far. It turns on a dime and is so easy to manuever. I've enjoyed driving it from the beginning and will be driving it indefinitely.
  • 1996 Ford Explorer Ihave had my explorer for 7 years and my truck is still running very good. I`m starting to feel a little transmission slippage,but i have about 160,000 miles on it.
  • 2001 Toyota Solara Have 75K on my 2000 Solara. Very happy with overall performance & reliability
  • 1995 Lexus ES300 This car require very little maintenance.Comfortabe and dependable. Run good. Excellent auto
  • 2006 Toyota Tacoma Great truck. Never had a problem.
  • 2002 Kia Sedona Good value for money. Some small problems fixed under warranty (great dealership). Only needed Alternator replacing at 80,000 miles. Usual Sedona problems with Air bag / light seatbelt. Has never let me down. I bought new to replace a Ford Windstar that was the worse car I ever owned.
  • 2005 Scion xB I too can't complain about my XB! I drive long distance and have a 2005 with alot of mileage and not once have I had a major problem!
  • 2005 Toyota Sienna My 2nd Sienna. Previous one had 198000 miles with only maintenance. The only gripe is wind noise in the car. No maintenance problems with this one.
  • 2008 Toyota RAV4 I am really happy that I bought my 2008 Rav4 v6 4WD. In May, I will have had it for one year. I always wanted a 4WD Toyota pickup. When they first came out in the 70's, I was ranching and drove 2WD Chevy pickups. If the Rav4 is as good as the 1973 Celica I bought new, it will be terrific! Great handling and get up and go in the Ozark Mts. The mileage ranges from 17 mpg to 24 mpg. The 17 mpg obviously occurs when I floor it alot. Great outside vision. Quiet in town. When have passengers in the backseats it is sometime difficult for them to carry on a conversation without my wife and I raising our voices. Otherwise it is as quiet as my wife's Avalon.
  • 2008 Chevrolet HHR have SS model - great response to acceleration; instrument panel lights don't fully illuminate at times (no apparent reason for this) '03 Chevy Silverado did the same; blind spots impair vision at times; none of these faults are deal breakers; I love driving the car.
  • 1998 Saturn SW2 Probably the best car I've ever owned. So far, necessary repairs have been brakes, batteries, an oil pump and a radiator. Being a former SCCA driver, this car has been opened up from it's original 124hp to 145. Suspension has been reworked and I run nitrogen in the 205/60/15 tires. It's been across the country & back several times. I never worry about it breaking. Auto trans and engine get 100% Castrol Synthetic. It uses about a quart every 15,000 miles.