Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

i purchaced this car from a bank in 2003, it had 200,000 mile on it, i figured it may last for the year, but to my surprise it now has well over 500,000 on it today , the speedometer quit working at 450,000 and only works from time to time..but as far as the motor , it is unbelieveable..i have not even replaced the sparkplugs since i bought the car..the only trouble i have ever had where the front ball joints, your best bet is to replace them as soon as you can with some that have fittings for grease..the original ones do not have grease fittings..only other thing was to replace the a/c compressor 4 years ago..the strongest car i have ever owned..i have owned plenty this can is now being used 120 miles a day as a rural mail delivery car by my wife..she tears up tires and doors..but it keeps on kicking like you would not believe..if you find a good one, you will love it to no end..oh also i took out the air ride in the rear and had heavy duty springs put on the car as well as air shocks..i have pulled 16 foot trailers with a welded on hitch full of what a cab baby..i love it
Bought this well maintained car (all service records present at the time of sale) with 69,000 miles on it in a private sale from the original owner in 2006. It has been virtually trouble free to 125,000 miles. I just had 120,000 mile service done which included draining and flushing the transmission. Watch out for high prices here. Big variance from 100 bucks to near 300 bucks .... check your local GM dealerships and ask what they are charging by make and model year. There is a difference between "drain" and "drain and flush." Parts prices vary widely. I've heard comments from don't need the drain and flush to yes you do .... I tend to think it should be done, especially if fluid is not bright red (mine wasn't .... dull but not brown) b/c I drive cars to 250K, have been very particular about doing the recommended maintenance and it has served me well. Just use this site to get a good idea of costs and then compare prices and go where you can get a good price and reputable service. I can recommend this car as a very good value if you can find a 2002 Century Custom with less than 110,000 on it. After 2002, GM dropped some of the features on this body style and had some other engineering changes that make the 2003 and on versions less desireable.
My car is ok so far its just that every time i turn around i have to put money into this car
Love this car, I will keep it till it runs into the ground
This would be the perfect car, except for the cost of maintenance and repairs. Typical shops don't have the specific VW tools and shy from them, so it's pretty much back to the dealer. The 4-motion is amazing - if traction begins to break pushing hard in a curve, just give it more gas and feel it grab. Very smooth & comfortable, & very strong. I would drive this car to Hell and back and enjoy it all.
I love this truck. I now have over 400,000 miles on my '01 Superduty Diesel and it has never failed me. Power is still great and fuel mileage with the power chip is around 20 if I stay below 65mph. I did have to have the guts replaced in the Auto Trans at about 150k. I've replaced the alternators (ambulance package so there are two) a starter and the neutral sensor along with normal maintenance and that is it. Can't buy a new one cause this one won't stop running. I may wear out the seat before anything else.
I got my 99 Intrigue with 175,000 miles on it. It now has 234,000. It has its hiccups, window reg went out twice driver side, the turn signals ( to many times to count ), and now its the low pressure power steering hose, and blower fan for the ac/heat. I got the car about 4 years ago, put it through hell, and it keeps on going.
This car runs great I had a few problems at first to start with like electrical since the alarm wasn't installed incorrectly. The interior is fine but now that I've driven it for over 6 months and all I hear now are squeaks and vibrations from the dash board and the doors. There is a safety issue with the car since I have kids there should be some kind of blockage under the driver seat so that nothing is able to roll towards the gas and the brake. I have had a few incidents where a milk or water bottle has rolled towards my foot. Other than that I love this car its very roomy and spacious.
I bought this car a 2006 it has been a good car but now at 75000 mil. thing are going wrong the Fuel Pump is going out now with the brakes,a/c ,heater, and now the 0-2 is bad. one more thing this car should be getting 22mpg city 33mpg highway. but i get 21mpg all the time.
Excellent, reliable car. I will buy another Subaru when I'm ready to replace this one. Very few repairs required, but I get regularly recommended maintenance done on time.
Great truck. it has over 90k miles on it and still drives like new. It has seen everything from beach driving to blizzard conditions and has never failed on me. Still feels solid and seems like it will last forever. I've driven other model SUVs with the same mileage and they feel like they're going to fall apart any minute.
Having major problems with the heat but just had a winter storm and this truck had no problems as a matter of fact it drove better, even tho i almost frooze to death.
I bought my 2006 three years ago. I have driven it all over the country in all types of climates and road types. It is a road warrior, great on gas and very comfortable. On the flip side, this vehicle has an array of electrical problems which can prove costly.
I love cars made by Buick. I have owned my Baby for 4 year. This year is the first that I have had a repair cost other than brakes, and a tune-ups. My first was the Century. When you are from a cold place like Chicago, the heat in this car is EXCELLENT. I would recommend this car over others that I have owned in the past and present. For example, Ford Explore, Dodge Caravan and Dynasty.
great car just needs a few upgrades
I purchased my '02 Jeep Wrangler in fall of '01 and it's given me no issues. I do follow the recomended maintenance schedule that is published by Jeep and though it's probably costed me the price of another wrangler. I feel that not having a jeep payment for the past 5 years is well worth the cost of maintenance. Looking forward to pushing another 100k miles on this reliable little jeep.
I have owned three Accords and the 2008 is by far the worst from a mechanical perspective. I had the front rotors and pads replaced at 5100 miles. The rear pads were next at just over 10,000 miles. Now I am replacing the rear pads again at 22,000 (not at the dealership). This is unbelievable. I have had two SUVs and a full size truck that needed less brake work than this car. It also took 4 tries for the interior trim to be repaired. Honda has always been the first place I look when it comes time for a new more.
Owned my 97 Honda Accord since 2001. Drove it cross country from LA to Philadelphia without a hitch. Been driving it ever since. I've had several problems the last few years with electrics - the driver side window stopped working for a while, once it was fixed, the back passenger side window went dead. Also, the radio has gone funny, and only plays AM dependably, to get FM stations to work, i have to manipulate the lights or other buttons on the dash. Currently, the car is in the shop for distributor repair and its costing me a pretty penny. I do love the car and its been reliable, never breaking down on the road (knock on wood) and only the occasional tire blow. I would definitely buy another Honda.
Check engine light comes on sporadically, dealer wants to keep it to work on it. I don't have the time. I can nurse 41 mpg (5 spd) w/o using A/C, around 37 mpg in summer. For go to work transportation it can not be topped. Drives and rides like a larger car. My Lexus is not worth the extra money over this car.
My 2002 Frontier Crew Cab has 91,000 miles on it. It has been flawless except for the electric mirrors, which frequently suffer from gear binding when you try to adjust them. Thankfully if I just reverse direction and then go back the other way, it clears itself every time. It has been one of the most reliable and dependable vehicles of the 12 or 13 I have owned in my life. Nice job Nissan - ya got it right on this one!
Our van is our dreamcar, we live in the Netherlands and here are only, i think, 20 ore 30 van's like we have. Sorry for my bad letters , i speak better english than i write.
I recently purchased a 1999 Volvo V70 Cross Country that has 81K original miles. It appears to be in excellent condition inside and out except for a small oil leak at the turbo return pipe. The dealer I purchased it from is repairing the problem. Since this seems to be a common problem and does not pose a major problem I am very pleased with the vehicle overall. I bought the V70 as a commuter car and drive 98 miles round trip each day. Mileage is about 22.5 highway with 87 octane fuel. I plan to try 91 octane on my next fill-up to check for any significant increase in mileage.
i bought this car for way to much. the same day the flywheel broke off. got that fixed then 2wks later all power windows quit. then 4 mths later it jumped time and messed up the motor. I will never never never buy another Hyundai again. head my advice Stay away from Hyundai
love the car
I like My ram, It has great Power, Its comfortable, and lots of room. Sounds great with stock exhaust. I have the Hemi. The problem I have is that the Catalac converters went out, along with the starter, window switch holder on driver side door broken again, Power steering lines broken ( Both of them), Can't forget about the wipers do what they want when you turn them on. All that on a truck that just hit 52000 miles. I bought it with 35000 on her in FEB. Maybe I bought a lemon, Some of my friends have the same truck with no problems. Luck of the draw i guess. You could roll the dice and come up snake eyes or get lucky and get a 7. I wouldn't buy another one again unless its brand new and has a warranty. And once that warranty is up I would dump it.
I Bought my 04 Pacificia AWD about three years ago. I put about 20000 on her and I don't really have any complaints. Besides the previous owners didn't really take care of it. It runs great, descent aceleration for a car thats over weight for the engines that are available. I like the trans stick / Slap shifter, helps a lot when passing on the highway. The car gets good MPG, The only thing I don't like is the mirrors don't always stay set. It has the memory set and sometimes the mirrors don't stay put, and when my wife uses her key, they don't change over to her settings. The mirrors, seats, radio stations, and HVAC all can be set to the driver preference. Which is set by the different key. Its a small problem that the dealer will have to look into, But thats my two cents. Thank you. and remember to Always buy American. Help out our brothers and Sister.
Except for a few pesky electrical issues, a very good driving car. Shifts well, handles well, engine runs clean, and it hugs the road at high speed. The suspension good when new, just average in later years.
When the car is cold and shifting to drive, there is a delay before going into gear. After the transmission has warmed up from driving the problem seems to go away.
Great car but the engine needs coils and the pcv elbow to be replaced. They are a bad design. Interior, engine, and outside are great though. Handles well and plenty of power. Would buy again
Bought this car used with 53,000 miles. I have had one problem after another. Just put $1,300 into car in last 30 days. Please if considering buying a Cabrio, Do not. Parts are expensive and car is unreliable.