Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Excellent machine for the money. Two minor problems: factory battery failed after 18 months; am radio reception is poor.
THE CAR IS AWESOME, THE ENGINE IS INSANE. I LOVE IT...
This has been a great vehicle for me, I have had it for about 2.5 years and haven't had any trouble out of it.
Good vehicle
This is a fast and fun car. I have the comp G package.
Air suspension is expensive to fix or replace, and fails well before other types of suspension.
I run a non-profit and we use this vehicle in conjunction with a summer institute we operate in the Ozark Mountains. We use the vehicle from May - September to pull a trailer with a payload of 10,000 + up and down the mountains of AR and MO all summer long. The vehicle has 174000 miles and the original brakes are still good. The only problem we have had is with the fuel injectors. When we purchased the vehicle we also purchased the extended warranty. To Chevy's credit, they have stood by their warranty on the injectors. The injectors have been replaced about 4 times. Our only cost being the $100 deductible each time. If we had to pay the full retail price for the repair, it would have been over $1200 per incident. One incident, which the warranty covered, required the injectors and the top half of the engine to be replaced at a cost of just over $6,000. We only had to pay the deductible of $100. Overall, we enjoy and recommend the vehicle.
Luv my '95 F-150, 5.0 2wd sb! Excellent all-purpose truck. Suspension like a tractor, but....all else is way good! Easy to work on. Good gas mileage, from extemely "peppy" 5.0 w/fact.k&n. Can't say enough about positives, for this truck! This is my muscle- car-in-truck disguise! FASTTTTTTTTT!
Great car. Electrical problems but otherwise solid.
I have a Volvo 240 with 289,000 miles. This is a solid car and easy to work on. It is built tough and safer in a crash than most of the other toys on the road. It does not use any oil and I can get 26-27 mpg on the road. The key is good maintenance and common sense driving. They are roomy, with a big trunk and the pass thru in the back seat is great for hauling long items like a couple of 8ft 2 x 4 boards. I wish they still made these I would buy a new one in a heartbeat.
Love the 02 A4. The best part is the control and balance, I can comfortably take sharp curves on the freeway at 70 mph. Maintenance is expensive, the only downside. Highly recommend this car!
had my car since brand new on january 2002. 2002/2003/2004 were covered under warranty. My repair bills for 2005- $2592.00, 2006- $3906.00, 2007 $2660.00, 2008 $1557.00, 2009 $2407.00 TOTAL $ 13106.00/ 246492 kms = 5.3 cents per KM This is double the recommended average br CAA Canada. Also my reapirs woudl have been much higher if I let AUDI dealer do this.
If you want a beautiful, over priced suv with a lot of recalls that cost you instead of the manufacturer, then this is the vehicle for you. I have always took pride in being a "GM man". Until now. If they listed all the things that were going to not work on that window sticker it would be longer than the line of bs you would hear if you took this thing in for service at our local GM dealer. (Ginn Motors), who told me i would have to take it to a GMC dealer. I used to think that my GMC was made by GM. They seem to know something that i don't. I guess i can't blame them. I would'nt want to work on it either. I'm going for a luxury ride now. Lemonade anyone?
This car has excellent handling in curves. Has great pick up and go speed as well. The only issue I have is with the Cowel. It vibrates constantly and is too expensive to just make it a quick fix.
I love my 1997 Honda Passport EX, it's 4 wheel drive if I ever need it. It has a sunroof/moonroof which I have never used due to the fact that it has a round hand crank to open, don't mind that part except it will only "lift up" about 2 - 3 inches in the "open" position. Now that it's older, it leaks when it rains. NOT GOOD. I would love for anyone out there to please let me know of any suggestions. I have acually hand sealed the roof window closed with Silicone ! Only to have it wear away with time and weather. It's leaking once again. Not sure how, but the gallons and gallons of water sound like they are "stored" under the passengers seat. I actually hear it sloshing around if I brake or pull off fast. I would love to find out if there is a rubber seal that can be purchased somewhere so I can just replace the original "dry-rotted" one. That seems to be my only last idea. Anyone out there with an idea would be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted by email at sedh3@yahoo.com MANY THANKS ! Love Honda's, this is my 5th one.
This is a fantastic car. We have an excellent non-dealer VW specialist for repairs and maintenance. Bought new, 160,000 miles now. Had to do the coils and radio recall when it was new which was very annoying. Also the current coils recall - still annoying. The 4 cylinder turbo, manual trans we average 33mpg, but have done 40 on long expressway drives. Plenty of acceleration. Handles best of any car I've ever driven. No plans to sell it any time soon.
The size of the cars is nice, the interior is 'roomie' enough and the instrument panel is displayed nicely. Some of the body panels inside seem a bit flimsy, a couple of things have fallen off inside and need repairing, nothing major - but, a nuissance. The electrical system is unbelievably faulty. Neither power outlets work anymore; the power-steering keeps switching off (I can reset it by quickly turning the car off and on again); the check engine light comes on randomly ... I've had the car in for repairs several times and to no avail. The problems will subside for a while, but, reappear after a while. It wouldn't be much more thab a headache if it were still under a warranty - without a warranty, it has cost a bundle already. This car is a safety hazaerd, but, I can't afford a new one at this point.
best mpg
Bought used, great car so far! Need to replace the radiator and various other small goodies!! I will order all my parts on line!! I did so with my 1991 535ia with no problems! This 525ia will be good for the next five to ten years! Dives great and has been real good in tight traffic so far!
I bought the my cruiser in Aug 2009 and almost immediately found a front end wobble that would occure between 43 and 48 mph. I only had about 300 miles on the car when I took it in to my service dept. I was shocked when after I was told that two service tech's drove the car and the wobble was typical Cruiser. "what a Farce" Now I have 2100 miles on the car and a front axle seal has gone out and there is a fuel leak in the engine compartment. The wobble is still there. The service rep told me that there is a part that is located where the fuel line goes thru the veh. fire wall/fender well that is leaking. I was also told that the part is backordered and will take about two weeks, but I can stil drive the car. Seem there has been 99 of this part fail and production is behind. As for the axle seal they say that the wobble is not reason for the seal failure. This is a wait and see since I have not got the car back as yet
Overall, it's a good vehicle. But it's easy to see why the value of this vehicle dropped so dramatically. Maintenance is on par with the newer model Cadillacs.
I've been very, very pleased with my '02 BMW 525i ever since I purchased it new. Perhaps the most incredible thing is that it's still fun to drive and I still get some people saying, "nice car!" The one down side is the high cost of repairs.
The most solid car I have ever owned. If they still made them I would buy one in a heart beat. Very reliable. Car has 310,000 miles runs like a top
This has been the best car I have ever owned and I've owned many. I now have 222,000 miles on it. It runs great, I get a consistant 26 miles per gallon combined and it doesn't use any fluids. The only reason I am considering another car is that it now has body rust around the rear wheel. It hasn't needed any major repairs. It has had the check engine light issue but, I find it is easily fixed by using some injector cleaner. What a great car!
I love the look and sound of a (good running) Ram. But after having this truck for 5 months and having to change out the transmission twice already, and the problems with my wife's PT Cruiser, I will never shop Chrysler again. I wanted a "good hard worki9ng american truck", but got a POS instead. "Disappointment" is a mild word for the way I feel about it.
ONE OF THE BEST CARS I'VE OWNED,LIKE ANY VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT UP,I DO THE WORK MYSELF AND BUY PARTS ON LINE,I JUST REPLACED THE WATER PUMP,THERMOSTAT,FAN CLUTCH,PULLEY AND BELT FOR $162.00,ALL NEW PARTS.HAS 182,000 MILES AND RUNS AND DRIVES PERFECT.
Awesome engine, very fast, sedate styling but performance makes up for it.
I have a 4.6 V8 with all the extras - has 100,000 miles and still like new - quiet, great ride, excellent brakes, purrs, never had a problem of any kind since 1997. Not many cars can claim that! One of the best used car buys on the market
Great car! Who can ask for more?
goood car