Newest Reviews:
  • 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 This van has been well cared for and garaged in winter an yet the body is rusting a lot and the floor is rusting away! No more Chrysler products.
  • 1997 Mercury Mountaineer Bought the truck used with 57,000 on it. It looks just like the one in the picture! Had the transmission rebuilt at 60,000 due to problems (used car dealer did under his warranty). Had to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. Battery acid dripped onto a vacuum line and caused major leak. Radiator sprang a leak and had to be replaced. Had to replace the front end suspension links at 190,000. Recently, the electric door lock on the driver's side stopped working. I use this vehicle to tow a boat and it is a real workhorse. My wife loves to drive it because of the higher view she gets of traffic. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
  • 2004 Hyundai Elantra Brakes started pulsating at 75,000 and had to replace the front rotors and pads. Otherwise, have had no problems at all with this little car.
  • 2005 Saturn Vue I like my 2005 Vue, however I should have taken the warranty, my AC compressor went and now the dealership wants to charge me $1600 to fix it....ouch!! Other than that it runs great, I get great gas mileage for it being an SUV!
  • 2006 Chrysler Pacifica I have had the car 1 month. It has 40000 miles. There is a funny slipping pause when you press the gas. The right front suspension is noisy over bumps. The AC works difficult. Otherwise everything is very nice.
  • 2006 Dodge Charger I would not recommend purchasing a Dodge Charger. At 40,000 (just after it went out of warranty) I had to replace the lifters in the engine. I have also had a number of other repairs - overall I don't feel this car is very trustworthy.
  • 1999 Audi A8 I purchased my 1999 Audi A-8 from a Chevrolet dealership in Minnesota in October, 2007. The car had 68,000 miles on it and now has 85,000 miles. The car is total luxury with the paint still in show room condition. The interior leather and all emenities are competive with a Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar and BMW. It is superior to a Cadilac and Lincoln. The car originally came from Florida and I purchased it in Minnesota. It has endured one winter in Minnesota and performed on ice and snow better than all SUV's I have owned. There are is no rust or corosian anywhere. A tribute to the all aluminum body. The car has been in Florida near the ocean and in Minnesota with salted roads. The brakes have been checked by a dealer on 5 occasions and no repairs were needed. There is a problem with the torque converter or speed sensor. When driving in the city I have found it necessary to use the manual shift on the automatic transmission. This places the car in the correct gear without the surging back and forth. The "idiot light" for checking the engine is on most of the time now. A dealer that I do not trust told me the car needs $2,200 in repairs. They wanted to change the pan gaskets, valve cover gaskets and several seals along with changing the timing belt and speed sensor. I would like to know what my best and worst case senarios are on this repair. Everything else on the car is perfect, in show room quality.
  • 2000 Nissan Sentra This car was a perfect fit, when new. It now has 113,000 miles on it. Repairs have been: Cracked fuel pump, possibly from hitting a big pot hole hard. Has had trouble with the gauges completely going out while driving, and staying off for a while, then coming back on. This has happened nearly since new, but the dealer said it had to completely quit working before they would replace it. The steering creaks and pops when turning slow. The Dealer said it isn't a safety issue so I haven't had it fixed. Recently, I've had a lot of trouble with it dying at red lights or in drive through lines. It starts back with no problem. The Dealer repairman said the diagnostic test indicated it is running rich. He had me use a $20 cleaning fluid in the gas, that is suppose to eat off any deposits. If that doesn't work, he wants to clean the fuel injection. If that still does not fix the problem, he said it may need a Mass Air Flow Sensor, which would cost $400-$500 to repair. I have always loved my car. I hope I'm not entering the repair one thing after another zone. I'm the type that as long as it gets me there and back I'm happy. Overall run ability of the car has been great until now, not bad for 113,000 miles.
  • 2003 Buick Rendezvous I having too many problems with the electrical system, other than that is a good vehicle.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz G500 Great!!!
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette luxury ride, whisper quiet
  • 2002 Pontiac Firebird This is a great car if taken care of properly. One of the biggest problems with these cars is the headlight motors. They will start making ratcheting noises when turned on - off. There is a company that makes brass gears as a replacement and is about $100.00 for the pair. GM used plastic gears on plastic gears, and the drive gear for the motor gets eaten away. I am assuming the power window motors probably have the same type of gearing. My LS-1 also has a slight knock underneath and only has 12,400 mi.
  • 2001 Mazda Tribute I'm about to get my annual rotor cutting for the breaks. I just paid $235 to replace the cheep plastic inside door handle. I was going to change the plugs until I was told that the intake manifold had to be pulled to get at the rear ones. Another $200+ job. The crome has worn off of the hood protecter across the front of the hood. This happened the first year. On my forth set of tires.
  • 1999 Kia Sportage I have had this car scince 98 and only had miminal repairs.I intend to keep it as long as i can even tho I now have to amke a repair.
  • 2002 Jeep Liberty bought new in 8/01. Had recall (under warrenty) 2003 for ball joint shIelds to be installed due to moisture intrusion under seals. Other than that, no problems. Engine/transmission are just like new. Steering very good easy to park in tight spaces. Body is soild no squeeks or odd noises.
  • 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Sporty, and smooth shifting, Don't like having no real rear seats nor the poor turning radius. Miledge is 20 miles per gallon around town and 24 Hwy. is fair considering the power 200 Hp. The car has that pushing you back deep into the seats when you punch the pedal!
  • 2008 Lexus RX350 This car is everything an SUV should be.
  • 2003 Mazda Protege5 Fun to drive. Wish it got better mpg...it is about 25 mpg.
  • 1996 Toyota Corolla We purchased our 1996 Corolla in 1997, with 15K miles. The auto now has 185K miles. We ahave done the routine maintenance, including the oil change every 3k miles. No major problems have ever happened to this auto. No service has ever been done at a Toyota dealer, they tend to "find unnecessary problems" that need to be immediately addressed. We are going to purchase a brand new 2009 Coralla this weekend and give our old car to a charity, rather than trade it in. Our mechanic said our Coralla is good for manyt more miles- just "take care of it".
  • 2003 Kia Spectra Has been very dependable car, but body is weak--you look at it crosseyed and it scratches and dents. Side door bumpers are placed too low so neighboring cars put dents and scratches just above the bumpers.
  • 2003 Kia Rio Great little car. Always starts and runs, has never been down. 32 MPG in the city, 37 MPG on the highway. Paid $7499.00 for it, brand new. After 52k miles everything is still nice and tight. The engine uses no oil in between oil changes.
  • 1991 BMW 525i great car but expensive to keep even though its old.this seems to have been a very bad year for heating and ac. I almost had to leave at the repair shop but he loved the car and replaced the head gasket and other things after much searching
  • 2004 BMW X5 Fantastic car. Especially love the tailgate on this model. Drives like a dream in rain & snow.
  • 2001 Toyota Sequoia We've owned our 2001 Sequoia for 5 years now and its been a superb vehicle for us, taking us across country twice. It has over 125k miles and is going strong. Our only gripes are weak brakes (all rotors have been replaced with moderate improvement), a/c that doesn't work well in around-town driving (fine on the highway), and imprecise handling. That last one may be our fault- probably needs better tires as well as an alignment. When we get our next SUV, it will likely be a newer Sequoia.
  • 2004 Toyota Avalon A Very Solid Car
  • 2001 BMW 530i Good Car, but had a problem with Crankcase Ventilation System freezing up, which was expensive
  • 2002 Toyota Tundra Very Good Vehicle
  • 1997 Ford Aerostar On the whole, this van has been doing pretty well. We did have to put in a radiator. My engine light has been on for almost a year or so but the mechanic I had said it was no problem. We are having some problems with the air conditioning but haven't had it checked out due to the high cost of repairing it. I had another van-a Dodge Caravan 1988 and it cost me $1200 to have it fixed which my previous church paid for. I have a side elevator lift for my electric wheelchair. The space between the seats is rather narrow and hard to get through when I transfer from the chair to the front seat. The right seat is tight due to the lift. I have had some problem with the right front tire wearing on the outside but Sears checked it out when I bought a tire from them and said it was O.K. It drives well on the highway. I also have a problem with the steering being a little too flexible and I definitely don't like the gas pedal Ford installed...it's too small and far away for someone as short as I am. The seat belt also is a problem and if I get into an accident I would probably lose my head. I have been warned to use it properly but it is too uncomfortable driving it the right way. I do like the automatic door locks as it makes me feel safer when I travel alone. The tilt steering wheel is also a great feature. The van is also good on gas. Have had some problems with using oil and transmission fluid. I have the oil checked every 3,000 miles at a local place on Park Blvd. It's hard to do all that I would like to do as far as maintenance due to my husband working only part-time and I only get Disability so we can't afford to do all we'd like to. I just thank God the van runs well and hasn't cost us too much to keep up.
  • 1997 Honda Odyssey My Odyssey EX was purchased new in February of '97. I had a '90 Accord EX before that. I bought the Odydssey because it was easier to get in and out of, the Accord being very low, and I'm a senior citizen. The Odyssey, however, drives like a car and is very confortable. Only Honda service people have ever serviced my auto. It has had regular check-ups, oil changes, etc. I'm only on my second set of tires since I don't drive really long distances. It's twelve years old but still drives and rides like a new car. It has only 43,766 mi. so far. It turns on a dime and is so easy to manuever. I've enjoyed driving it from the beginning and will be driving it indefinitely.
  • 1996 Ford Explorer Ihave had my explorer for 7 years and my truck is still running very good. I`m starting to feel a little transmission slippage,but i have about 160,000 miles on it.