Newest Reviews:
  • 2002 Lexus IS300 I have owned an '02 IS300 for about 4 years now and I love it.
  • 2007 Honda Pilot It is now a year since I bought my used 2007 Honda Pilot. It is without question the best automobile I have ever owned of the US domestic made 21 cars I have owned for at least a year. It had 32K miles and now is 48K and all I have put into it is the cost of oil changes every 5k miles. It is one well thought out auto made to last with quality parts. I am so impressed with Honda I will be trading my wife's car for a Honda later this year.
  • 2006 Honda Civic This has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. I've had very few problems with it and would definitely buy another one.
  • 1996 Lincoln Town Car I love this car! my 96 TC has 192K miles and rides like new. Last tune up done @ 100K but no problems of any kind so far, smooth and comfortable ride, delivers performance with a relative good mileage for a V8 ( 19 x 26 ) . Too bad the designers at the time forgot important detais like cupholders for the back seat passangers who instead got ashtrays. Other than this minor detail, great great car!
  • 2001 Ford Windstar good car
  • 2000 Subaru Impreza Sharp looking car; can't beat the AWD in FL afternoon rain showers. Miss the extra HP from the WRX but not the speeding tkts. Have only had normal wear on brakes/tires etc. AC has acted up recently. I'm over 6'2" and comfortable driving it for hours. Just wished rear seat would fold down for larger items needing to be transported.
  • 2008 Infiniti G35 This is a driver's car. Move over BMW. Infini has released a car as performant at the famed 3 Series at $10,000 less or more if you compare to the M3. This car has great power & handling and is flat out fun to drive. My only criticism of the car is the voice control & bluetooth connectivity. It's ok but could use some improvement. The all wheel drive is nothing short of amazing and truly enhances the driving experience by shifting almost all the powewr to the rear wheels when traction isn't a problem. I live in the Northeast & shifting into "Snow mode" made it perform like a tractor. I was really impressed. I have owned two of these, both G35x's (2006 & 2008 all wheel drive) If you're thinking of buying a G35, do it. I've test driven just about all the G's competition and have been unable to find a car in this price range that could compete.
  • 1997 Ford Aspire We bought our Aspire in 1998 with 26 miles on it (4 of which I put in on the test drive). We are at 167,000+ miles and I just had the front R/L Axle (CV) replaced. We haven't kept up with the Maintenance but this car has been a CHAMP!!!! This car has been used for a family of four, a dj equipment hauler, & long trips (2 w/kids & 4 w/o kids). This car has been from the Canadian Border to the Arizona Border & back a couple of times. Just think how much better this car would run for us had we been better at the upkeep. For gas mileage, people under 6', & for basic travel this car has my vote.
  • 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix Great car, but has required A LOT of expensive maintenance. Was driven mostly in Ohio and has rust which may have caused some of the maintenance.
  • 2002 Volvo S60 Wonderful car sold on Volvo for life now. Looking forward to getting 200,000 + miles on it.
  • 2002 Audi TT Problems with the instrument cluster, door sensors, rear wind screen(roadster) but all-in-all I love this car.
  • 2005 GMC Yukon A 100,000 miles and little trouble. A true work horse.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 I too love my Avalanche. Love the compartments and the factory back cover to keep things dry and how you have the option of just removing one panel if thats all you need. The only draw back/complaint I do have is the problems with the brake system including the emergency brake. I really feel this is a Chevy problem since I am not the only one having this type of issue.
  • 1990 Acura Legend It is actually a 1988 model. Have owned this for 11+ years. 191 K miles. Still running good. But the accessories are starting to fall apart (21 years later :)) Not worth much in the market. Priceless to me :)
  • 2008 Honda Fit 2008 Sport with automatic transmission. It's small, but roomy and gets great mileage. I bought it when gas was $4.00 per gallon, and have been pleased with the vehicle. The only con with this vehicle is the small radio antenna. Had to buy a longer antenna to get local stations.
  • 2000 Toyota Corolla Great car! This one has saved me a ton of money over the years. Still gets around 34 mpg and very few problems. 123,000 miles and still going strong. I do have to clean the mass air flow sensor every 30K now, but that is very easy to do. I am just now replacing my struts (recomended every 60K) as they have seen their day. Overall great vehicle.
  • 2008 Lexus ES350 GREAT SHARP LOOKING VEHICLE. VERY DEPENDABLE. NO MAJOR ISSUES DURING THE FIRST YEAR OF USE.
  • 2003 Ford Mustang They don't make them like they used to! My 2003 Convertible Mustang looks VERY nice, and runs somewhat ok! I give it a 5 out of 10 rating...I am a Auto Repair Shop Manager with about 12 years in the business...I have not seen many major repairs to any Mustang engines, and thats why I bought my stang! I must say I have the NER ZERO PERILLI tires and HATE THEM! Designed for Mustangs, it backs up Fords poor quality! I have had to replace exhaust manifolds right away (55,000 miles) I work at a Econo Lube N' Tune & Brakes in Broomfield Colorado 80020, and only use Top of the line products in my car...Just broke 90,000 so I better keep up the maintenance or I will be paying car payments and paying for repairs (THANK GOD I only pay for parts aand do the work myself!) Either way you look at it the FORD TOUGH moto does NOT apply to newer Mustangs...Its fun to drive (only in summertime), but handles poor! I also had electrical issues with brake switch...whats next?
  • 1990 Nissan 300ZX This car is fast, fun, and hot!
  • 2005 Nissan Titan Love it, Love it, Love it. Looks great and plenty of power.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220 Great car !
  • 2005 Dodge Caravan Overall, I think this vehicle deserves 3 stars. I could probably rate it higher, but it doesn't hold up real well under the vigor of a soccer mom on a mission.
  • 2006 Dodge Charger 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with 5.7 liter hemi - I bought the car used with 7880 miles on it. By 13,000 miles the front brake rotors were warped. I was told by the dealership service adviser that this was a common problem caused by not torquing the lug nuts on the aluminum wheels in a certain pattern and to the proper specs. There is nothing in the owner's manual about the proper method of tightening lug nuts, and I had to find out the (correct) lug nut torque spec from a web site, which I verified through several other sources. The service adviser gave me an incorrect torque spec. The factory warranty on the brakes was only for 12,000 miles, not 36,000 as it is for the rest of the car, so the warped rotors were not covered by warranty. I replaced the rotors but I had to beat the warped ones off with a sledge hammer. I had to have both the inner and outer tie rod ends replaced before 44,000 miles. The sunroof developed a rattle and the frame retainer bolts had to be replaced before 42, 000 miles. Another common problem, but I found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for it which resulted in a quick resolution. There is an intermittent "clunking" noise somewhere in the right front when the brakes are lightly applied that the dealership has not been able to isolate. From reading postings on a web site that Charger owners belong to, many of them have had the same problem, as well as other noises elsewhere in their cars that they have not been able to resolve. But the fixes that have gotten rid of the clunking noise for some owners has not got rid of my noise. There is a constant high pitched whine that comes from the dash anytime the headlight switch is on. The volume varies from barely audible to extremely noticeable, even with the stereo on. This is another problem the dealership could not find, mainly because it was barely audible every time I had them check for it. They would not have been able to hear it if they had it in the shop with all the air-powered tools and other noises. The service adviser wasn't able to tell me afterwards if the technician listened for the sound in the parking lot away from the shop, with the engine off, no accessories on, and windows up, liked I asked them to do. I replaced the headlight switch, because that's where it originally sounded like the noise was coming from, but it did not get rid of the noise, and now it sounds more like it is coming from behind the instrument cluster. The hands free Bluetooth cell phone function, which Chrysler calls U-Connect and has previously malfunctioned, is malfunctioning more and more frequently lately. The first time it malfunctioned, the technician showed me how to repair it, by pulling up on a module in the fuse block, waiting about 10 seconds and then pushing it down. I had to do this twice within the following year, and each time it resets the preset radio stations to factory default. Now, in the past 2.5 years, the U-Connect has failed more than a dozen times, and the time interval between failures is decreasing, with the most recent time interval of three weeks between failures. Also, each time it fails, I have to reset the module more each time before I can get it to work (4 times just last week). Eventually, resetting this module will fail to get it working again altogether. This feature is important to me because I sometimes go into an adjacent jurisdiction where you have to use a hands free device to talk on the cell phone while driving, and the police will ticket you if they catch you, and the fine is a hefty one. Unfortunately, the only way I know the U-Connect has stopped working is when either I attempt to make a cell phone call or someone calls me and the U-Connect does not activate to make or accept the call. The dash and door panels are hard, cheap plastic. The paint on the car scratches very easily. The built-in GPS system malfunctioned (error reading DVD-ROM) after I had the car only 2 months and had to get that repaired, as well as get the ashtray door, which I never use, replaced because it would not stay closed. You cannot check the transmission fluid. There is a plug in the top of the dipstick tube that requires a special tool to remove. So, if a transmission fluid leak develops, there is no way to add fluid until you can get it repaired, other than take it to a dealer, or independent shop that has the tool, if they even have it. The car comes from the factory with a hood prop (rod), which is hazardous, because the prop sets just to the left of center when the hood is up, in the front part of the engine compartment, and can easily be knocked out of place when working underneath the hood. The odd thing is that the fittings and holes for hood struts are already in place. It's like it was designed to have hood struts, but for whatever reason, they installed a hood prop instead. Road noise is more than what I expected, but tolerable on a trip if you have the stereo on. Now for the positives on the car. The hemi has plenty of power and the gas mileage isn't that bad for the weight of the car and an engine with the hp and torque that it has. Ride comfort, steering, and handling are pretty good, even though some automotive and consumer magazines have criticized them. Routine maintenance, such as oil and filter changes, other filter changes, brake pad replacement, and replacing the spark plugs and PVC valve, for example, is fairly easy compared to some other late model car engines I've worked on. The front factory brake pads left very little dust on the wheels, compared to the aftermarket replacement ones, and they had hardly any wear on them after 42,000 miles. The only reason I replaced them was because I replaced the rotors and didn't want to put used brake pads that had been used with warped rotors back on. The stereo system, with the higher power Bose amp and 6 speakers, sound really good for an American car factory stereo system. Also, the speakers in the driver and passenger door panels don't vibrate as much as I expected at high volume, like a lot of speakers mounted in a hard plastic door panel usually do. In summary, I like the power of the engine, the stereo system, and the ride comfort, steering, and handling. I have had no problems with the exhaust system or emissions. But, with the problems I've had and unresolved problems I continue to have, I would not buy another Charger nor recommend it to anyone else.
  • 2001 BMW Z3 I have had a few problems but more with dealership crapy repair of a problem. The driver seat stop moving forward with wiring that moved around, passenger side seat belt holder broke in 3rd year, water leak around windows and alarm system to name just a few. My other major complaint is the oil they require you to use. After about 5,000 miles I'm having to add more oil on a regular bases because the engine uses up the castrol oil. It has been that way since I bought the car new. Only have a problem with this brand of oil. But I must say overall I love the car.
  • 2005 Hyundai Sonata I bought this car w/19,000 miles on it. I haven't had any problems at all in the 45,000 miles I've put on it since. The 60,000 mile warranty check-up was a little pricey because of the timing belt replacement, otherwise this car has been economical to own. The V6 is still smooth and quiet and is a joy on trips. This model looks a bit like a Jaguar but without the price. Hyundais have come a long, long way and are worth considering when on the market for a new car. I'm taking a good hard look at the Genesis.
  • 1999 Toyota Sienna Had to have A/c system recharged at 70,000 miles, had problems with A/C again at 129,000. Still having problems at 188,000. Also have a slight oil leak now. Other than that its been a great running car. Would buy another one. Probably after 200,000 miles.
  • 2001 BMW 330Ci This car looks great, and handles great. But it comes with a HUGE maintanence cost. I drop at least $2000 a year on one thing or the other. Don't get the sports package if you live on a road that has even a few bumps on it. The shocks die out fast, and the car feels really unstable after that.
  • 1999 Saturn SC1 I bought this car brand new so I’ve had it for 10 years. It’s the 2nd Saturn I’ve bought. The first I had for 8 years, so yes I am a loyal Saturn driver. This one is just shy of 100,000 miles and I believe with good maintenance it will double that. (Mine looks like the one in the photo, but the photo does not do it justice!!) PROS: looks good, still sporty looking, body has no rust because of the plastic panels Saturn used back then, interior is good, third door still gets comments and also makes it easy to get in and out of the small back seat. Seats are OK, and leg room in the front is Ok. As far as the engine goes, still runs well with a few faults which I’ll get to. All this along with Saturn’s well known customer service… PLEASE don’t close Saturn down GM, or at least let them become an independent like they started out! (they were better back then anyway!!!) Handles well, is a fun car to drive. CONS: Electrical system… this is just a quirky thing about this car. I’ve was surprised when my horn went. They told me it wore out. I thought that weird until I read that this was a well know problem with this model. Ok I can live without a horn. The other weird thing was some wires in the steering column corroded and the car was a “hit and miss” with starting. This was when it was almost 9 years old so nothing totally unheard of but I’ve never heard of it before. Starter being replaced yes, but wires?? Then again it only cost $80 to replace it. Starter would’ve been a lot more. The AC went out a couple of years ago. A piece on the unit itself came loose and just started rattling. I thought it was falling apart. Saturn rerouted my accessory belt and for $60 it’s fixed. NO AC, but I live in the north and don’t drive that much. I can live without it. My most recent weird electrical thing is the passenger window. Stuck in the down position I had to get it up, and I thought just a switch was out but no, it was motor that had “seized” and they had to replace it for $300 and I still can’t use it since it was an additional $200 to fix the switch. The most recent was the manifold started to leak and was bad and the parts holding it in were bad too. All toll: $650. I know the Saturn dealership I go to saved me money on it, but still something I’ve never heard of and I’ve owned some clunkers in my day. All this may sound like I hate the car but I don’t. It’s been paid for years, and has caused me little pain. Other then the above I say for 10 years and 100,000 that’s pretty good. It gets me where I want to go safely and has decent gas mileage. I still think it looks nice and am proud to own it. If you can find one of the SCs and get a good price on them you can’t go wrong.
  • 2000 Porsche 911 A very good car for the track as well as the road. Base model torque to weight ratio is awesome and turbo is usually too much car for most people to handle. The engine is normally aspirated and water cooled. The power assist steering can require a bit getting used to if one is used to more road feedback at lower speeds. Road noise may be dampened substantially with Bridgestones or softer make vs. Michelin's (typically wear out at 10k miles and cost ~ $1000 to replace for all four). Typical issues are oil leaks from rear main seals (connecting point between tranny & engine) to me, its classified more as a nuisance than a must fix (so long as leaks are minor as in most cases). Other than that, keep the engine fully oiled with Synthetic and change out 8k miles & change the gearbox oil every 30k (under normal driving conditions). If buying used, go to a show-room and compare used models there before buying from private seller as most dealerships offer some warranties on mileage.
  • 2004 Ford Taurus Bought new taurus in 2004 and drove just about 53000M before the transmission died on me. Spent about $2400 on rebuilt transmission and other stuff. Totally disappointed in ford and will not even consider buying another ford.