Newest Reviews:
  • 1993 Subaru Legacy Bought this car used for my teenage son and expected it to last about a year since it had 108,000 miles on it. My daughter is now using it at College 4 years later and it is still running strong at 158,000 miles. The only real issue has been a chronic oil leak. Other than that it is the most reliable car in the family. Body is not looking the best but it runs great. It is only front wheel drive and not AWD, but it still goes great in the snow.
  • 1995 Geo Prizm 126,000 miles with $0 spent on repairs other than normal maintenance items. The car still has no squeaks or rattles inside and no road feel unlike many other cars I've owned that are much larger such as a 1996 Olds Cutlass and 1999 Nissan Altima I owned. Another example of a GREAT buy for anyone wanting to save alot of money. This car will still feel and run like a two year car even when it has 200,000 plus miles.
  • 2001 Buick Century Not one repair in 90,000 miles other than normal maintenance items such as tires, battery, oil & trans fluid changes, radiator fluid changes, front brake pads, etc. This is the type of car everyone would want for a trouble free life of driving and quiet inside noise with pillowtop smoothness. Two separate trips averaged 31.7 and 29.7mpg on a 3000 and 6000 plus miles vacation driving anywhere from 70 to 80MPH. A definite great buy for a money conscious person
  • 2008 Chevrolet Equinox Really enjoy this small SUV. While the gas mileage isn't quite the stated MPG, it rides and handles well. Has had one recalled item. Had one item fixed under warranty which involved the unit that allows the air/heat to be redirected from top vents to lower (feet) vents. One annoyance that the service department could not diagnose early on is a 'clunk' noise one hears after pulling away from a dead stop (i.e., after car has been parked and turned off). The noise is probably related to the AWD system (drive train) somehow. While the noise is faint, it is noticeable and gave us concern when we first heard it. Take note if you get one with a sunroof: DO NOT have a bug screen installed as it changes the airflow over the car and will make the rubber dam inside the sunroof vibrate loudly when opened.
  • 1996 Chevrolet Corsica Wonderful car! I bought it used and other than normal routine maint., I have had no major issues. 155K and still rolling strong!!
  • 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup We are the original owners. Other than one recall item and one warranty replacement item, truck has been a jewel. We are about to hit the 80k mark on the odometer and have only had to replace the front disc brake pads and the idler arm - not counting the regular maintenance items. Plan on having this truck until death do us part.
  • 2004 Dodge Stratus leased this car new in March of 2004 I have 67000 miles on it and love it. After the lease i bought it.
  • 1995 Honda Prelude 260,000 miles and I still drive it daily. Best car I've ever owned. Don't buy a new car. Find a babied Prelude, not modified, adult owned. They are out there! It has had the usual stuff done for repair and maintenence and I change the oil every 3-4000 miles. I have the VTEC.
  • 2007 Pontiac Vibe Bought this car used from a dealer in Stuttgart, Arkansas. It was a "program car" that had been used by a rental company. It had 17,000 miles on it and was barely a year old. Great shape, great price. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. I drive to work everyday (approx. 12 miles roundtrip) and have made a couple of return visits to Arkansas. So far, so good. No problems to report. My mechanic says plugs and transmission fluid don't need to be changed til I hit the 100,000 mark! Can't beat that. Love the way the rear seats fold flat. I ride a road bike on week-ends and it fits in the back with ease. Glad I bought this car. Probably another one in my future.
  • 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Have two of these - a Laredo and an Overland. Great vehicles, excellent performance but just average fuel economy. Overland had $700 nonwarranty AC repair when a plastic gear broke in the dash- caused cold air to blow on the passenger side- no heat. Both have steering noise at low speed left turns (like in the driveway). We'll drive them til they fall apart.
  • 1991 BMW 318i Folks I had to make up the zip code I'm from Nova Scotia Canada, this site doesn't recognise our postal codes. I've owned my 1991 318i for a couple of years and recently have been using here in our Canadian winters for travel every day, return is about 65 miles. The rear wheel drive was a blast to get used to, again. I just had it painted for the first time and it came out great. I expect to drive this car for years it currently has 398000km or 245000mi, approx.It burns no oil, the only problem I'm having is locating the hook inside the gas cover to hang the gas cap on, it was misplaced during the paint job. If anyone has one or knows how I can get one please let me know at kguptell@eastlink.ca.
  • 2000 Mercury Mountaineer Original owner of 2000 Mercury Mountaineer with Monterey trim (clone to Ford Explorer Eddie Buaer model. Overall, we've been pleased with SUV - however it goes through front brakes about every 2 years and AC performance has been spotty of late. We have the 5.0 L V-8 engine and average 16 mpg around town and 22+ mpg on long trips. The Mountaineer is built on truck platform so ride is a bit stiff, but has great towing capacity. Maintenece and repair costs average about $1,000/year - not bad for a 10-year old SUV and way better than new SUV payment.
  • 2002 Acura RL Original owner of 2002 RL - and am totally pleased with this car during 8 years of ownership. It has been virtually trouble-free, requiring only minimal repairs along with regular maintenence. 2002 Aura RL has classic styling, beautiful and comfortable interior, fantasit Bose stereo, handles great for a large sedan, and engine / transmission are strong and very reliable. I would highly recommend this car to anyone considering purchase. I plan on keeping this car for another 8 years and have every reason to beleive the next 80K miles will be trouble-free also.
  • 2004 Buick LeSabre I bought this car as a used company fleet car in 2005. I always get over 26 MPG in city driving, better than any of my friends! Remember Savannah is on the Atlantic Ocean, so it is very flat terrain here. I am fanatic about the oil changes & tire rotation. Quiet and comfortable ride! My third Buick. Only little things have gone wrong, like the backseat cup holder fell off & I just now replaced the brake pads. Good car & carries 6 passengers comfortably. Wish it had a "pass through" from the backseat to the trunk however. What's a drive train?
  • 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander I have owned this car since it was new - nothing abnormal with regard to operations or service costs until 63,000 miles. Now, the rear suspension is bad and will cost a significant amount to repair including a new set of rear tires. This should not happen with an automobile with so few miles and that has been driven mostly on Interstate highways.
  • 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 This van has been well cared for and garaged in winter an yet the body is rusting a lot and the floor is rusting away! No more Chrysler products.
  • 1997 Mercury Mountaineer Bought the truck used with 57,000 on it. It looks just like the one in the picture! Had the transmission rebuilt at 60,000 due to problems (used car dealer did under his warranty). Had to replace a cracked exhaust manifold. Battery acid dripped onto a vacuum line and caused major leak. Radiator sprang a leak and had to be replaced. Had to replace the front end suspension links at 190,000. Recently, the electric door lock on the driver's side stopped working. I use this vehicle to tow a boat and it is a real workhorse. My wife loves to drive it because of the higher view she gets of traffic. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!
  • 2004 Hyundai Elantra Brakes started pulsating at 75,000 and had to replace the front rotors and pads. Otherwise, have had no problems at all with this little car.
  • 2005 Saturn Vue I like my 2005 Vue, however I should have taken the warranty, my AC compressor went and now the dealership wants to charge me $1600 to fix it....ouch!! Other than that it runs great, I get great gas mileage for it being an SUV!
  • 2006 Chrysler Pacifica I have had the car 1 month. It has 40000 miles. There is a funny slipping pause when you press the gas. The right front suspension is noisy over bumps. The AC works difficult. Otherwise everything is very nice.
  • 2006 Dodge Charger I would not recommend purchasing a Dodge Charger. At 40,000 (just after it went out of warranty) I had to replace the lifters in the engine. I have also had a number of other repairs - overall I don't feel this car is very trustworthy.
  • 1999 Audi A8 I purchased my 1999 Audi A-8 from a Chevrolet dealership in Minnesota in October, 2007. The car had 68,000 miles on it and now has 85,000 miles. The car is total luxury with the paint still in show room condition. The interior leather and all emenities are competive with a Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar and BMW. It is superior to a Cadilac and Lincoln. The car originally came from Florida and I purchased it in Minnesota. It has endured one winter in Minnesota and performed on ice and snow better than all SUV's I have owned. There are is no rust or corosian anywhere. A tribute to the all aluminum body. The car has been in Florida near the ocean and in Minnesota with salted roads. The brakes have been checked by a dealer on 5 occasions and no repairs were needed. There is a problem with the torque converter or speed sensor. When driving in the city I have found it necessary to use the manual shift on the automatic transmission. This places the car in the correct gear without the surging back and forth. The "idiot light" for checking the engine is on most of the time now. A dealer that I do not trust told me the car needs $2,200 in repairs. They wanted to change the pan gaskets, valve cover gaskets and several seals along with changing the timing belt and speed sensor. I would like to know what my best and worst case senarios are on this repair. Everything else on the car is perfect, in show room quality.
  • 2000 Nissan Sentra This car was a perfect fit, when new. It now has 113,000 miles on it. Repairs have been: Cracked fuel pump, possibly from hitting a big pot hole hard. Has had trouble with the gauges completely going out while driving, and staying off for a while, then coming back on. This has happened nearly since new, but the dealer said it had to completely quit working before they would replace it. The steering creaks and pops when turning slow. The Dealer said it isn't a safety issue so I haven't had it fixed. Recently, I've had a lot of trouble with it dying at red lights or in drive through lines. It starts back with no problem. The Dealer repairman said the diagnostic test indicated it is running rich. He had me use a $20 cleaning fluid in the gas, that is suppose to eat off any deposits. If that doesn't work, he wants to clean the fuel injection. If that still does not fix the problem, he said it may need a Mass Air Flow Sensor, which would cost $400-$500 to repair. I have always loved my car. I hope I'm not entering the repair one thing after another zone. I'm the type that as long as it gets me there and back I'm happy. Overall run ability of the car has been great until now, not bad for 113,000 miles.
  • 2003 Buick Rendezvous I having too many problems with the electrical system, other than that is a good vehicle.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz G500 Great!!!
  • 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette luxury ride, whisper quiet
  • 2002 Pontiac Firebird This is a great car if taken care of properly. One of the biggest problems with these cars is the headlight motors. They will start making ratcheting noises when turned on - off. There is a company that makes brass gears as a replacement and is about $100.00 for the pair. GM used plastic gears on plastic gears, and the drive gear for the motor gets eaten away. I am assuming the power window motors probably have the same type of gearing. My LS-1 also has a slight knock underneath and only has 12,400 mi.
  • 2001 Mazda Tribute I'm about to get my annual rotor cutting for the breaks. I just paid $235 to replace the cheep plastic inside door handle. I was going to change the plugs until I was told that the intake manifold had to be pulled to get at the rear ones. Another $200+ job. The crome has worn off of the hood protecter across the front of the hood. This happened the first year. On my forth set of tires.
  • 1999 Kia Sportage I have had this car scince 98 and only had miminal repairs.I intend to keep it as long as i can even tho I now have to amke a repair.
  • 2002 Jeep Liberty bought new in 8/01. Had recall (under warrenty) 2003 for ball joint shIelds to be installed due to moisture intrusion under seals. Other than that, no problems. Engine/transmission are just like new. Steering very good easy to park in tight spaces. Body is soild no squeeks or odd noises.