Newest Reviews:
  • 2003 GMC Envoy 2003 Envoy XL SLE-Overall a great vehicle, Issues: seals on tailights leak & must replace taillights frequently, boot on front CV joint of front drive axle came loose, rear passenger window motor had to be replaced, front driver speaker works occasionally, rear passenger speaker failed, & annoying ticking noise from engine seems to originate from one of the drive pulleys on the serpentine belt baffles most repair shops it clicks for a few min. stops then starts again it is not the a/c compressor & doesn't matter if its on or off. pros-decent gas mileage for its size 7 weight routinely get 16 mpg city and 22-24 highway, smooth ride, good handling, quiet (tires are key), plenty of power, 1 set of brakes front & back so far. 90k miles hiping for 110k-160k more...
  • 1997 Honda Accord This car is great vehicle. My Accord has been very inexpensive to repair and drives well. The only issues I've had are some bulbs that have gone out in the dash and a check engine light because of a bad oxygen sensor. The faulty 02 sensor is covered by an extended warranty so I don't have to pay for it. If you need an inexpensive, reliable ride, this is it!
  • 1996 Dodge Caravan If you are going to purchase a Chrysler Minivan, go for the Chrysler Town and Country. While it looks like a Dodge Caravan, it is far and away a much nicer vehicle. Sort of like comparing a Chevy to a Cadillac. I've owned all of them T&C, Caravan, Voyager of all trim levels and all motors. The T&C with the 3.8 V6 is hands down the best. Oh, and expect transmission problems with all of them. This is a well known fact. If you drive your van even a little low on fluid expect catastrophic results. When your van gets to 150k miles if you still have your original transmission, always keep your cellphone with you. You are on borrowed time.
  • 1999 Pontiac Firebird I have a love/hate relationship with my 1999 Trans Am WS6. I love the body styling (especially the Ram Air hood), although the materials used in the interior are cheap, flimsy and poorly put together. The sheer power of the stock WS6 is awesome, and I was previously driving a 1996 Mustang GT. This car makes my old Mustang seem like a mule. The added horsepower from my SLP exhaust and larger airbox lid made a noticeable difference, and the stock exhaust, while fairly loud, was nothing compared to my upgraded SLP exhaust rumble. Literally everything else about this car irritates me, though. I'm the second owner of this ride (with currently 105k miles on it in August 2009), and have owned it since July 2004, yet I have had to replace both window motors, the fuel pump, the alternator (FOUR TIMES), the starter coil, the entire rear end TWICE, the oil pan gasket, the transmission repaired...this list is too long to continue here. The mileage sucks, the steering wheel is too large, the air conditioning is weak, the optional 500W Monsoon stereo system is loud, but all the stock speakers are horrible (I've had to replace the same speaker twice before replacing those twin speakers with Infinity speakers after the 2nd speaker broke). The headlight gears broke on me once, and this car also has unlimited electrical and wiring problems. I just discovered today that my entire air conditioning system needs to be replaced due to multiple leaks and a bad compressor, and both idler pulleys, belt tensioners, and both belts need to be replaced. This car has ended up not being worth the head-turns and positive comments I get at red lights and gas stations. I'd consider covering it with a tarp and getting into a cheap Corolla until I can afford to work on this Trans Am as a project car. :(
  • 1998 Volvo S70 We have owned Volvo since new. Ongoing problems with tail light bulbs (since new). We just learn to live with it. Fixed a/c once ($2100 to remove dash). Love the passing power of GLT (turbo). Tons of war stories about great mileage. Once average +27 MPG over 3100 mile trip to AZ and back to TX. Most at TX freeway speeds +80. Just returned from WI pulling medium sized UHaul trailer. Plenty of power to tow. We are in process of buying different car (hate to see Volvo go) but it's getting long in the tooth. We're looking at Infiniti M35, Cadillac CTS and Genesis. JCP
  • 2007 BMW 530i own a 07 BMW with 45K miles on it, excellent car for performance, look, safety and reliability. used to buy Toyotas, got tired of lack of performnce and average handling.
  • 2003 Jaguar S-Type Not particularly impressed
  • 1998 Volkswagen Beetle Good little car - we're at 96K miles, and still going; however, lots of electrical problems over the years (both windows, various front and rear lights, radio, etc); also an almost constant oil leak for the first six years until a non-VW mechanic replaced a simple seal
  • 1999 Infiniti G20 Great car. Going at over 150,000 miles. Original transmission working pretty well. Pretty easy service-wise, with the exception of the front end which has had a number of problems, especially relating to snow belt rust issues. Super engine, but would be much happier with room to breathe in a manual transmission. Highly recommended for the Accord/ Camry buyer who wants to get a better deal. This car is based a on a time tested reliable Euro car platform and is not some short lived luxury trial model. I bought mine for under $4000 at 120, 000.
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz E320 My handsome 2007 Diesel E320 Bluetec, which reliably gets 26/35 MPG, is a pleasure to drive. No problem finding fuel. Parking is easy, fitting into tight spots and the car is very reponsive when I need to quickly manuever to avoid poor drivers. I love the dashboard screen, especially the map feature and there's nothing like Sirius radio for trips up and down I-95.
  • 2003 Lexus IS300 Great driving car with nimble handling and an incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Not as luxurious or roomy on the inside as higher end lexus vehicles, but overall a great car for those who appreciate good handling and fun driving.
  • 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500 I love everything about this car. It is a sports car but with a little more room. The ride could be a little smoother, but I think if you have the right tires the ride becomes better. I really like the turning radius and for being a convertible it is pretty quiet with the top up. The Bose stereo is great, I just wish it had an ipod adapter. I have had only minor problems with this car and highly recommend it to any one that is thinking of buying one.
  • 2002 Mazda Miata MX-5 this is another great miata, my second since its debut . i drove my '90 for 13 years, 318k miles. my '02 has 150k on it, no problems. we're going for another 300k. i am doing brakes alot (maybe i'm hard on brakes)
  • 1996 Saturn SL2 We purchased this vehicle new in 1996 and have had absolutely no problems with it. The interior and exterior have held up. It gets about 32 mpg and is a blast to drive. We have replaced the battery twice, new tires once, brakes once in 87000 miles, but no major repairs to any component (engine,transmission,etc.) Great vehicle; other manufacturers should model themselves after Saturn.
  • 2005 Honda Pilot Loved the Pilot ever since I touched it 4 years ago, got myself one last year & I love it. not sure if Honda's have transmission problems or just my car feels like it drags the transmission into a lower gear when I slow down to 25-20mph. otherwise I'm very happy.
  • 2003 Toyota 4Runner Good performer on and off road and in poor driving conditions, reliable fuel consumption, great versatility for hauling people/stuff/towing, wish it had a manual transmission but they are not available with this option as far as I know.
  • 1991 Dodge Spirit I've had my Spirit for 18 years now and it has been great.I commute in a very rust inducing enviroment due to road chemicals and just now is the car starting to show a bit of rust along bottom of drivers door.The paint still looks like new.I have the 4 cyl. which gets 32 mpg. on the highway.Transmission works fine with 142,000 miles on it.Still handles great for what it is.I got almost 90,000 before I replaced the brakes(mostly highway).All this from a car Consumer Reports panned.I don't know what there prejudices are at that rag but if you want a good deal look at cars they don't like. I paid 9,400 when new including the tax!
  • 2003 Volkswagen Jetta no problems
  • 2008 Honda Accord Love my car! 5 speed manual LX is fun to drive, looks good, and great mileage. Consistently 29-32 mpg around town and on the highway.
  • 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid Very pleased with the Tahoe Hybrid. Have had it about 17 months and have had no problems. I have had one recall that did take longer than expected because the dealership was not real familiar with hybrids. I get about 20.6 mpg on mine. That is with a fair amount of high speed highway driving which pulls down the average a good deal. In town, I estimate close to the 22 mpg they report. This is much better than the first generation hybrid GMC I had and this has a much smoother transmission. My wife has a lexus RX and we generally ride in the Tahoe for comfort and nearly the same MPG's! Only manufacturing problem that I have had was a driver's side door lock that occasionally has a rattle from a slightly poor fit, this only occurs in cold weather and on rough roads. The times that I have brought it in for routine service it has not been cold so of course no rattle.
  • 2007 Chrysler 300 To: sgtjeff I have the same issue when shifting into drive. It seems that when I shift into reverse or drive, it flutters for a second or two and then I'm able to go. I also have had issues with the throttle body. Sometimes when the car is sitting idled, it feels and sounds like the car wants to shut off. it happened one time and come to find out the throttle body needed cleaning and after it was cleaned I went across the street to run an errand when I returned to the car and started it up, the acceleration was not performing. I barely made back across the street to the dealership. They had to rent me a vehicle for a week because the throttle body had to be replaced. I also didn't know that there is no cable connection between the accelerator and the throttle body. Everything is electronic. Nice car too many issues
  • 1994 Ford Escort Got from Mom, 35,000 Mi.,Now has80,000.Had to leave outside All bad weather.body needs a paint job.But run great.
  • 2006 Toyota Tundra Very good truck!!!
  • 1997 Chevrolet Malibu I have had this car for 6 years, bought it new with 88,000 miles on it. I can't say that all I ever changed was the oil, but for the most part, I guess the car has been reliable. Last year's dusting of snow made for a bad winter. I felt the car swerving alot on just a dusting of snow. I have replaced the brakes almost every 2 years, rotors just this past year. The rear struts and coil springs needed replaced about 6 months ago and I am getting the front struts replaced this month. Hopefully this will fix all the rattling in the front end. A/C went out completely and I had to change the A/C compressor this spring. The interior of the car is perfect (except for the driver's side carpeting is worn out and the radio lights have not worked over a year). I can't say that for the exterior. A lot of rust has formed around the gas cap area and the bottom of each door. There is also rust coming through on the wheel wells. My next purchase will be a Hyundai, only because I need a car that is safe driving in the snow.
  • 2001 BMW 330Ci I love this car, it runs strong and handles great. i was shocked on how smooth and powerful it is. this is my first bmw and i can tell you that once this car dies on me i will end up buying another bmw. it is a very reliable car and worth every penny. if you have never driven a bmw before i strongly suggest you should at least go out and test drive one. you will want one.
  • 1997 Kia Sephia Have had this car since 98.....with 8000 miles on it, when I bought it. Had to have transmission worked on, about two years ago, and it is slipping in Drive again now. Overall not a bad car for the money
  • 2005 Chevrolet Equinox nice auto though noises can drive you nuts at times
  • 1992 Volkswagen EuroVan I order my 1993 Eurovan MV 8 months before initial delivery to the states was scheduled. It has a manual 5speed transmission with 5 cylinder 2.5l engine. It has 230,000 miles and is going strong. Normal repairs on the running gear but the engine and transmission have never been opened. Superb vehicle for camping or work. It averages 25 to 27mpg after I replaced exhaust system with a Magnaflow muffler. Only downside is that it now sounds like a well running deisel when idling.
  • 2006 Acura MDX Purchased this car used. I've added about 10,000 miles so far and no problems. Everything very smooth and works fine. DVD player, XM, navigation, bluetooth, has tons of great technology.
  • 2003 Audi A6 Overall good reliability. At 5 yrs, some small parts of the interior start to deteriorate like small knob on sun visor, 12V lighter receptacle has no power, ashtray cover get loose. Purchased: July '07 History: 2nd owner Like: Manual transmission when power needed for highway passing. Dislike: Sluggish acceleration when on automatic transmission and turbo threshold not yet reached.