Newest Reviews:
  • 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee I love this Jeep. It is fun to drive and rides better than a Cadillac. The 3.7 engine is a bit noisy and lackluster, but adaquate. It gets the looks, too..
  • 2006 Hyundai Elantra This my 2nd one, no problems with either.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD I love this truck. Most problems have been electrical. Over all it has been a very good truck. My wife liked it so much she bought herself one.
  • 1998 Acura CL I've had my 3.0 CL Prem. for 11 years now and I still love it. 81000 + and still running well. I recommend using Mobil 1 synthetic oil. You will get great cold starts, miles per gallon and less ware on engine.
  • 2001 Cadillac Catera this is the red headed stepchild of caddy gm. it was the caddy that zagged. this is the result of gm buying opel of europe. it is called a opel omega in germany and a vauxhaul in england. for the money you cant get a better car. i have owned for three years, and am the second owner. i knew the issues with the timing belt etc. that is why when i bought the car, i got an extended warranty. the warranty has paid for itself many times over. cadilac dealers aren't prepared or willing in many cases to repair. the mechanics that were trained thru caddy are limited and since this was the last year it was made in the states, it is getting fewer yet. overall the car in my opinion rivals the bmw, mercedes and audi. for comfort and performance. with that though as i stated, repairs are expensive. i would not have purchased this car without an extended warranty. the car still looks great and has great curb appeal. people often stop to see what it is exactly. i have made some minor body changes. such as a euro front grillle and rear oem spoiler. it is now 8 years old with 92,000 miles and im getting ready to sell it to upgrade before the warranty runs out. oh buy the way, it is also a very safe car. it has side airbags and is quite a strong heavy car, as are the other german cars.
  • 2008 Ford Fusion Lifetime Ford person. Gave my third Taurus to my wife, bought the Fusion just last week--used. Still on a "honeymoon." Love it so far. Please advise if I should be aware of any special problems.
  • 1997 Geo Metro My "shoe-box" on wheels get's me to and from where I am going. Great on gas milage but that is about all.
  • 2003 Chevrolet Astro My van is only 35000+ mileage and the model is 2003, but I bought it last Jan. 10,2004. I only drive it on week-ends and long trip once inawhile. I had a fractured left wrist last March 4th of this year, and had an operation. For a with month and a half, I have not driven this van and when I started it last Sunday , the battery went dead. I took it to a dealer shop,and they told me that there's something wrong the engine,etc. and later on the told me that they have to replace the starter. Now, I'm getting an enormous amount on the repair and I'm positive they're over-charging me. Before my fractured wrist, this van was running in an excellent condition. This van is well maintained.Here's my question...Is there a way that I can report to someone on the grounds of over-charging me on the repairs, etc.,? This van is an excellent vehicle, and I'm satisfied with the performance. I need help!!!
  • 2007 Honda S2000 The S2000 suprised me for the quality of its finish and body work. It has an aluminum hood, an excellent folding top, and a very clean under hood arrangement. The tonner cover fits nicely and the top is electrically accuated. It automatically lowers the two windows before the top begins to go down or up. The four cylinder engine has 16 overhead valves and drives at slower speeds in the city but really purrs when at higher speed on the freeways. We drove it from Stockton Ca to Purdon Tx and back and it was a real pleasure to dirve. The only problem I've noticed is occasional grabbing of the left front brake. Of course, to get it to grab when I take it to the dealer is impossible, but recently it has not grabed. The cloth top fits very well. We drove up from Los Angeles to Monterey on the coast highway in a pouring rain most of the way and had not one drop of rain come into the interior of the vehcile. I am not a very large person, but the seats are form fitting and the part that I sit on is a little too tight for my bottom. I have about 10,000 plus miles on it and cannot say enough good things about it. This is my fifth sports car, and far an away the best. The 237 hp 4cly engine really performs and purrs like a kitten at high speeds. I would definitely buy another it I were replacing it--which will probably not be any time in the foreseeable future. Oh, one other thing, in cold weather the heater performs very well and the interior is comfortable. In hot weather here in the valley the air conditioner also performs well.
  • 2004 Ford F-150 I bought the truck to pull our 21ft camper. And, yes it does a great job. I recently found out after the warranty expiried, there was a design fault in the brake rotors. They get hot and warp, causing braking hazard. Replacement cost $860.00! ouch
  • 1998 Honda Accord This is a 6cyl Honda Accord ES. We have had no warranty work done on it and have the oil and filter changed by the Honda dealer. We had another 1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl on which there was only 46,000 miles when I purchased a Honda S2000, 1997 model. All vehicles are serviced by the Stockton Honda dealer. The 6cyl one will soon be due for a timing belt replacement. It has a little over 90,000 miles on it. As things stand now we would not purchase any other make than a Honda. We always purchase the top of the line model for the engine type that we get and only buy new vehicles.
  • 2003 Mazda Protege This is my wife's daily driver to haul the kids around. We bought it new in 2003 and now has 85000 miles on it. No major problems. One recall for the manifold that was done. Great on gas!
  • 2005 Dodge Durango We bought this 2005 Durango Limited used in 2007 with 6500 miles. We have since put on 14000 for a total of 20000 miles. We do not use it as a daily driver. It has the Hemi engine , so it's not too economical. We do a lot of camping and boating and this is perfect for hauling our boat and camping gear. We also use it for any lengthy trips. Love it so far !!!
  • 2007 Chrysler 300 LOVE this car and I've had it over a year. HOWEVER, I do have an issue that when I change gears, say for example from reverse to drive, there is a slight hesitation when I step on the gas for the car to go. It's only a second or two, but I've never experienced this in a car before and it's a tad frustrating/annoying. Otherwise it's a great luxury vehicle.
  • 1992 Mercedes-Benz 300E 117000 miles and no leaks, drips, or bad concerns. New brakes ,rotors and tires, but I am uncertain what a 120K mile maintenance should entail and cost. First time user and new Mercedes owner. Vehicle is a 300E 4Matic. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
  • 1995 Ford Thunderbird I bought new my 1995 LX. With 90,000 miles, it is now having its first age problems; five automatic transmission fluid leaks involving old gaskets and other seals. Otherwise, it's still powerful, quiet, and graceful across country or in town. It looks sleeker than most contemporary cars also.
  • 1999 Ford Taurus I purchased my Ford Taurus two years ago. At the time it had 93000 miles on it. After driving it off the dealers lot (it was a new car dealership)the service engine soon light came on. I returned it to the dealer and after some convincing they agreed to replace the exhaust monitoring chip which would have costed $68.00. Last year on the way down to California the front seal went on the automatic transmission. I found out that the engine had to be removed in order to repair this $2.00 part (labor costs $1,300.00).It is now sitting in my driveway with a power-steering pump leaking.(repair est. $275.00)
  • 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Only real issues have been: - 17.5 Highway MPG - Headlights dim when windows are operated - Transmission "Clunks" from 1st to 2nd when the vehicle has been slowed down and then speeding back up; like when you hit a traffic jamb coming off the highway and then on the off-ramp you are starting to accelerate again.
  • 1990 Mazda RX-7 The Mazda Rx-7 is a great car. This car is not for beginners but more for intermediate drivers. The 1.3L rotary engine is a one of a kind engine that requires well checked maintenance. Since it is oil injected, checking on oil is a necessity. The great things about this car is the chassis and steering(if equipped with turbo it has very minimal turbo lag), the lows are the fuel consumption and mediocre interior. Overall this car is great for the enthusiast, and its decent as a DD if non turbo.
  • 1999 Dodge Neon I bought this car brand new and have never had a problem with it. It handles well and is good on gas.
  • 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Bought mine used with less than 5,000 miles on it. Base model non turbo, automatic. I have had no problems with it and I really like it. Great style, handles like a sports car, plenty of room, great stereo and not one rattle at 20,000 miles. Gas mileage could be better. It has ample power. especially after I installed a K&N air filter. The chrome wheel covers that it came with were extremely pitted after there first Midwest winter so I ditched them and bought some nice 5 spoke wheels. I think most people would be satisfied with a PT Cruiser.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz S320 S320 is my favorite car. I find it to be the most suitable for me.
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Purchased at Government auction ,circa 2003. 40,000 miles, for $3500. Am satisfied, but would not have purchased this car, if I had known how hard it is to work (on). It's not for a shade tree mechanic: For instance: The engine must be partially disassembled to replace the water pump! There is not much free room under the hood, so that some engine repairs are best made with the engine tilted out of the engine compartment!... Not my cup of tea!..These vehicles, apparently are notoriously hard to work on!... However, I do find that my car is generally reliable: I could have done much worse than choosing this fairly unpopular model!
  • 1992 Nissan Sentra THIS AGREAT CAR I'M ONLY THE SECOND OWNER AND MOST OF THE WORK ON THIS CAR I DID MYSELF I'M TRULY SATISFIED WITH THIS CAR
  • 1998 Lexus GS400 This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned, however, the steering is so quick, the new tires "Mchelin's" makes it hard to stay in a straight line, this type of tire was not a good idea. I was told, after i bought them, that the side walls are too soft, which makes them wonder. "GO FUGURE"
  • 2004 Infiniti G35 I purchased my 2004 G35 Coupe new and took ownership in Sept 03. It is a great looking car that still is appealing today. The seats are super comfortable and the car is a rocket ship with super acceleration and great stopping ability. Now for the bad news. The fit and finish, especially for the interior is not up to par for a intro luxury car. There are tons of rattles coming from everywhere. I'm am a very conservative driver and have only driven a little over 33,000 miles in 5 1/2 years. The brakes were a problem for 03 and 04 G35s and the factory extended the warranty for 3yr/36,000 miles on brakes. I changed to ceramic pads and they are much quieter, cleaner, and should last longer than the 13,000 miles owners were getting out of the OEM pads. The biggest problem with all G35 Coupes are the tires. They all seem to feather on the front inside tires and develope alot of noise around 8,000 miles. The Coupes tires cannot be rotated because they are staggered (different size in front and back). The rear tires have their own unique problems. They wear prematurely on the middle treads. The back tires need to be replaced anywhere from 12,000-15,000 miles. Tires are the biggest cost of ownership for the G35 Coupe 03-07. The sedans do not have any issues here. The last problem is the paint is quite weak and very prone to chips on the front bumper and hood. There are numerous forums discussing the problems I have mentioned.
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Barakes have always been a problem with all GM cars owned in the past. Pads and rotors NEVER last more than half of short term estimate. Currently having probs with cooling system and no warning lights came on and was given a vague description of what the problem might be by dealer. Otherwise.. only expensive repair has been $600 to replace pwr window switches and inside parts for driver side window. All others have been very minor.
  • 1992 Jeep Cherokee Overall problem free vehicle (138,000M). Liked this one so much I also have a 98 and a 04. Just keep the maintenance up and they'll run for at least 200k.
  • 2002 Hyundai Accent Excellent car! Great MPG! Gets you where you’re going at an affordable price. I’ve had very few problems. If you need a 25K dollar car…buy one. If you need a ride to work, pick up a Hyundai.
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 I enjoy this truck very much.It rides good and plenty of power.