Car Owners' Reviews

Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I am not sure about Brakes
Its this or the H1 for me 7.3 turbo diesel rocks.
great
In very few words .. this is appropriate for those who wants to ride well
I've had this car for 5 yrs now and runs beautiful! Punch it going 90mph and it kicks like you're standing still then hits 110 in 1/4 mile. Nice looking and handles great!! No major problems yet and I have 130,000 on it.
I bought this, my dream car (realistic one at age 22), in absolutely perfect condition. It is black on black/grey two tone with burl walnut interior veneer. This vehicle is the epitomy of luxury....WITH BALLS!!!! This thing is no joke...I take friends for rides down the highway and they are literally looking for the safety parachute!! lol Seriously though, MINUS the BS problems, this machine screams HIGH Class! The interior...forget about it...it is unreal...there is NO plastic on the interior with the exception of the vents and switches. I do however deal with small/large ANNOYING problems, for example, when it started to get cold up here in upstate NY l somehow slowly lost heat on one side of the car, then completely throughout the whole vehicle!? WTF?? I feel like there is some sort of bubble or air pocket in my cooling system, and my local guy can't seem to figure it out. Can someone who knows A LOT about these W140 body style Mercedes get back to me?!?!
BEST TOYOTA I HAVE EVER OWNED. GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT. HANDLES WELL. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT.
I bought my Taurus SEL Wagon new in 2003. I've had no major problems until recently. First the starter made an awful noise once while still under warranty. We could not reproduce until 2yrs ago. The starter which is a sealed unit had a bolt in it. We don't know whether it came from the crankcase or the starter, but we do know it happened on the assembly line. Ford did pay to replace this. Now I have just replaced the crankcase seal which developed a slow but annoying leak after the starter was replaced. Result of the bolt we don't know, but my guess is yes. Other than the fact I got a Monday or Friday car, I completely love this car. Its a tank. It will go anywhere in the winter snow and is very comfortable to drive. If you can find a good one, you can't go wrong.
I bought my 2002 Lincoln Ls with 12,000 miles on it. At 40,000 the thermostat went out, at about 45,000 the advancetrak module went out, I had spark plugs/ignition coils which are expensive going out every 6 months. I recommend finding a place that will change them all out at once. The dealership was charging me 259.00 a piece. I found a mechanic that changed out the last 5 for 600.00. They started going bad at 50,000. This car has been lady driven and only driven about 3 times a week and on a few trips. I also have oil leaking from the valve cover and the Cd player stopped working. What a car!!!!!!! I have put over 3,000 dollars in it and it only has 64,000 miles. Drives nice when not broken!!!!!!
I bought my Ford Escort ZX@ brand new back in 2000 and had my first problem with it at only two days old when it died. The rear struts had to be replaced at 3 months old, and the drivers' side window got stuck down at less than a year old. Since then, I have had seven different motors installed in the drivers' side door, six of which came before my car was 3 years old. I went to the head of the dealership I bought the car from and asked about the lemon law. He said, "Sue me," so I called Ford corporate who wouldn't help me. I was in college, so I couldn't afford to sue over the lemon law, so I had to keep driving my car. After the third motor was installed in my door, I picked up my car and headed to my friend's house. While I was on the highway, my door started to come off the hinges, so I had to go back to the dealership, which had my car for another few days while they put the door back on, fixed the hinges, and repaired the motor again. I've had countless problems ever since which included broken timing and serpetine belts. Most recently, my horn went on and stayed on while I was driving. I pulled over, shut the car off, and the horn kept blaring. It dies after about 10 minutes, along with my car alarm. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone. It'sbeen problems ever since I drove it off the lot, and Ford (the dealership and corporate) was no help to me. Btw, the only good thing about my car has been its heating system. The car heats up quickly in the winter, which has been nice.
F150 3 door, small 4.6 L v-8. Terrible gas milage. 12-14mpg, Gas tank completely rusted out, running boards completely rusted out, Frame rusted. Brakes, rotors replaced. Both exhaust manifolds rusted through. Replaced 4 wheel drive motor, Heater'air conditioner controls do not work correctly. cruise control does not work, So far, I have spent over two thou sand on repairs and no end in sight. Only 127,000 miles on truck. What can I say, and they talk about Toyota. Estimate to replace exhoust manifolds are running in the range of $800 to $2000
This is my Second Cummin Engine Truck, my first one was a 97 3500 Ram when I traded it in for a new 24valve it had 654,000 With a few major repairs, and 2 Transmissions. With that said I would still never give up my Cummins motor. They rock just schedule maintenance and take care of them and they will take care of you.
I don't drive the car hard. Only 37K miles in 6 years, but so far no problems, just routine mintenance. One oil change. Still on the original set of brakes. Only quality problem is exterior trim. Glue that fastens brackets to window trim is failing and falling off. No way to repair except buy a new trim piece.
luv my truck had it 9years and 185,000+miles it is so comfotable for a truck and rides like a heavy luxury car... but I have a knock and ping issue since 95,000miles... can only put in high test gas...killer on $$$, its like not all horses are firing together if I use any les than 92octane...have added booster to gas tank etc... it must be something in the throttle assembly or the computer or what!!!??? also how do i get the overhead console read out unitto work again is it a fuse issue or does it need to be reset by a computer I miss the info on temp/gas/mileageinfo...Thanks
My grandmother bought this car in 1994 and drove it until she died in 2001, now my 16 year old son drives it and loves it. Great car!
This truck has been overall the best truck I ever owned. I purchased it in early 2000 when it came off a 2 yr lease from a dealer with 32,000 miles. Up to 84,000 miles I had no significant issues other than standard maintenance. Then, one day coming home from work, the fan pulley assembly simply "Snapped" off the crank. I had to replace the engine with a Ford rebuild for $4,700.00 in late 2002. Although I made an effort to resolve the costs with Ford in Dearborn, MI, it was to no avail. Some mechanics who have looked at the photographs I took of the assembly said it looked like it could have been a bad casting, as the engine itself did not lock up. I have run Mobile 1 full synthetic in the new engine since install. The continuing issues with the vehicle are the check engine light. I have a diagnostic computer and have replaced the EGR, DPFE, and various hoses for vacuum as well as regular cleaning of the Mass Air fins. I still have to get at one set of lines for the DPFE which are buried up behind the engine. Maybe in the Spring. Other small issues are the slider pins for the front calipers, they have to be cleaned and thoroughly lubed every year. Repacking the front bearings should be done then too. The wiper transmission just gave up about 160,000 miles and I replaced it. The AC compressor hasn't worked from about 100,000 and I am not fixing it. All the instrumentation bulbs, except for the seat belt and check engine are burned out so I bought an LED cluster to illuminate the panel at night. I replaced the alternator at about 155,000, which isn't too bad for life on an alternator. It got a new starter and king pin at 110,000. Note that until last year I used to jack this truck up every spring and power wash the underside and spray it down with sealant and paint, so the body is still in pretty fair shape. Other than that
does a mazda have a speed cable are not
This is the truck of champions. After owning this I never want to get another vehicle. Gas mileage could be better but other than that its an excellent truck.
At 22,000 the engine light went on, not too pleased to replace the mass air flow sensor for $300. The front "leather" seat is not all leather and the plastic areas keep cracking...they've already replaced twice and no longer under warranty.
its a good long lasting car if u have money to put in to it but i guess thats with every car
I have the SE-R version and this car rocks. The on-limit governor is a bit annoying but the handling and steering is great and acceleration is awesome!
I bought my 2003 brand new. Noticed the lack of power immediately. As the years go by, it seems to be "broken in" and while it isn't powerful, it is better than when it was new. Very reliable car. Great gas mileage. Very roomy in front with lots of leg and head room. The car has paid for itself already.
brilliant car, done 30000km+ still original
THIS CAR IS THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER HAD FROM DAY ONE THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP LIKE EVER MONTH OR SO I HAVE PAID MOR AND MORE AND IT ALL WAYS GO RIGHT BACK RUNNING BAD AND I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY A NEW CAR I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR 5YEARS NOW AND JUST GOT IT OUT THE SHOP AGAIN I HATE THIS CAR . BUT IT IF STOP RUNNING IM WALKING THIS IS A BAD CAR REALLY BAD CAR
Very solid car. Nothing but scheduled maintenance, and normal maintenance w/150K, e.g., shocks, oil pan gasket, exhaust, etc.
My wife and I have owned our LS for almost three years and beyond basic maintenance all it needs is the valve covers replaced, we'll pay about $499.00 for that. We take it in to one of the local Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealers for oil changes, on or before time every time. Until the slight oil leak was discovered they never found or recommended any other service items. We have had one tune up done $190.00, should have been $250.00 but a mistake was made on the quote and they ate the mistake (this was at another shop) and of course Air cabin filters every 6-7 months. They are hard on gas, especially in town (15-16 mpg), on a trip to Atlanta we got 24mpg, The steering is a little stiffer than I'm use to, but not a big issue. I cannot complain about performance, this car is quick, smooth, and takes curves well. We found a good one and we love it!
Was driving yesterday and the car stopped in the middle of the highway and would not start. The ABS light was on at one point the check engine light went on then off again, the check oil light went on then off again. I had to call 911 to get help. The police came and tried to crank it but to no avail. It was then towed to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with it. They did a diagnostics with their computer and say the car if fine. Then what really happened on the highway? I When snowing I have a hard time with my brakes, they keep slipping. This car maybe cheap but it is dangerous.
Own this truck sense 2000. Has not broke down. Drives well, beside the check engine light does not turn off. Brake great. Paint still good.
I wouldn't recommend this car to my friends, family or enemies. Ive owned two cars in my life and its this one and a 1989 toyota corolla. I thought I was moving up to a more reliable car. however this ML430 has been giving me problems since I bought it in 2007. Within the first week the sunroof wouldn't close. From then on, Every month it was something different. Sensor lights Ive never seen would come on, brakes would still squeak even after you get them done not to mention I need new brake pads every half a year, I needed a new crank shaft because the car had to be cold to crank up, I need a new part for my transmission I couldn't change gears and many more problems. Ive tried to for get rid of it but can not because Im stuck with this hunk of junk. Please others DO NOT BUY this vehicle. Oh yeah whats my current problem for this month the caliber converter is busted...dealership states it was already replaced. so now I have to pay an average of $2000 to get it fix.
Engine sound a bit noisy compared to similar cars but otherwise no complains.