Newest Reviews:
  • 1998 Land Rover Discovery I bought this car used, and the problems that I mention were already a part of the car. However, it does drives good and for the age of the car it is in good shape physically. However, the cost to repair it is extremely high.
  • 2002 Volkswagen Jetta i like it, just dont know where i could it fixed if anything were to go wrong
  • 2001 Honda Accord We will NEVER buy another Honda! Car has transmission problems which result in failure. Honda has service bulletins out on this and there was a class action lawsuit. Honda NEVER notified us of that they had service bulletins and this year of car fell within the problem years. (2001-2003 for the trans failure. Transmission had been worked on by Honda before, and problems started again. They extended warranty to 109,000 miles but mine failed at 110,000. Honda's response? Too bad, it'll be $3000 to repair. The runaround and denial by American Honda Motor Co and their customer service dept has bee deplorable ; since they KNOW there's a problem and don't let people know.
  • 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio I bought this car 4 years ago in 2005 with only 44,000 miles on it. I have had one problem after another. First the brake pads went out at 50,000 miles, then the Seat rack needed complete replacement at 55,000 miles. Now, I was told I need to replace the throttle body and airflow sensor which will cost $1,000 and then the steering shift is loose so I will have to pay $500 to replace bushings. Car is great looking and runs good but very unreliable
  • 2005 Lincoln Aviator Nice ride purchased at 85K miles. Now at 93K. Have had to replace rear wheel/hub assembly at $500 cost. Have had to replace right front brake caliper. Engine light/codes report lean in both banks so replacing fuel filter (difficult for do-it-your-selfer on this model due to location) and DPFE sensor (last 65K or so). Also have replaced main drive belt due to deterioration and several of the rubber hoses (PCV and fuel regulator vacuum lines) at intake deteriorated so bad they required replacement (vacuum leak). Lower ball joint on front must be replaced prior to next state inspection. Tire pressure sensors alerted me to tire losing air and was glad to have that info when I located screw in a tire.
  • 2006 Honda Accord The car is great. Acceleration's great! no lag. But the brakes are squeaking when braking between 30 -40 mph. then the squeaking dis appears.turning ratio is good. no leaks or rattling. good for commuting as long as can ignore the squeaking brakes, just shut the window and turn the radio loud. I brought it to the dealer and they said I needed new pad. I just go the car, and I check the pad and it stil 3/4 inch thick no thanks. Not ready to drop 250 bucks for new pads, maybe next year!
  • 2005 Honda CR-V Do not buy this car if you like going back to the dealer all the time. I am very dissappointed in buying this vehicle, since I got it, I had to return to the dealer about the leaking tranny and got a remanufactured tranny. The dealer fix it but I got a rebuild tranny. Brand new car with a rebuild part. Then last week the water pump made funny noises and I had to get it fix. You know how much is a water pump about 400 bucks not including labor (100/hr). Thank God! I got the extended warranty after the remanufactured tranny was installed. I had to argued with the Honda customer service manager for a week before she finally gave me the 7 yrs warranty. I was ready to go to BBB, till she offer me the warranty. Very dissappointed. Come on This a Honda. What kind of car are they building here? So what is the next part going to B R E A K ? I am not going to buy another HONDA CRV. My next car is going to be a TOYOTA RAV4.
  • 2000 Ford Excursion It IS an amazing truck. Although gas mileage is only 9-14 mpg, it is a travel truck and/or off road truck. Mine personally is off roading and for being wrecked 3 times, it is still running great. I could not be more proud of how long it has lasted me. The turning radius is really bad but what do you expect in the biggest SUV made in American history? Brakes on a 11,000 lb truck are the best they can be. The interior is amazing and has SO much room. Never had a problem before I wrecked mine and even then, it wasstuff that would of never happened if I had not of wrecked it.
  • 2003 Kia Sorento Great car. Bought it for the Mrs. She loves it. Never breaks down. Minor issues, but not enough to change my ratings.
  • 1994 Ford Explorer I purchased mine used with 117K on it. I have never owned a Ford SUV. This one handles better than my 1996 Blazer. It was well maintained by the previous owner. The brakes are excellent, the suspension and steering impressed me a lot. It is roomy. At 117K, it is smooth when driving and very quiet.
  • 1997 Chevrolet Lumina Bought the car a year aggo with 97k on it, its now about to turn over 112k after commuting in it for a year. I put a GM CD player from a '98 S-10 in it and it was an easy plug-in-perfect fit, now it's a joy to drive! Service Highlights: 97,000mi -replaced both Oxygen sensors 97,000mi -replaced alternator 100,000mi -transmission filter/fluid changed 100,000mi -water pump chaged 110,000mi -fuel gauge sender started acting crazy, at 1/3 tank or less, gauge needle starts moving up/down at random. Mechanic says heavy Sulphur Deposits from a bad batch of cheap gas killed the sender inside the tank. Sender and fuel pump are in 1 piece, and must be replaced together (ouch). 111,000mi -ABS sensor ring on front axle shaft cracked and is now loose, causing the ABS pump to tap like crazy every time I use the brakes -time to replace Axle shaft, (Even though the rest of shaft works fine) 111,900mi -Recharged Air conditioner I admittedly put my cars through what the manufacturers call "Heavy Duty Use" because I have such a long commute 6 days a week, but the Lumina takes it better than any V6 car I have owned, It is the strongest performing V6 vehicle I have owned (Quick for a 3.1 Liter, and corners very well with good tires), It's the Highest MPG V6 I have owned (I've been through several) and the Lumina is the most comfortable 4-door I have owned. It consistently gets 22-27 mpg no matter what, Engine still purrs like new, car still looks like new, and even though I dont like the price tags on the fuel sender and the axle shaft, I still love this car. So much so, I bought (used) Luminas for my wife and daughter, because they fell in love with the Lumina too, and my wife kept borrowing mine!
  • 1997 Toyota Corolla I purchased my 1.8L Corolla CE new in 1997. Keep up regular maintenance and have spent a total of about $700 in repairs to minor systems and hoses. Mileage: 280,000. What a dream car this has been. I've only used Chevron Gasoline except for a couple of emergencies. Thank you Toyota and Chevron!!!!! Brakes can be a little noisy. Headlights cloud up/yellow with age. Emissions at this mileage run a little high, but pass smog easily with a new air filter and a couple of tanks of Techron fuel system plus cleaner. Almost everything in my Corolla is original including my transmission and shocks. I LOVE THIS CAR. I will drive it till it decides it's had enough of me and quits. Oh yes, and I haven't had a car payment in years.
  • 1999 Jeep Cherokee I love my Jeep. I have had it for about 7 years and it has always served me well. I have done all repairs myself and luckily there has been nothing major. My wife and I both agree we will keep it even when we purchase a new car.
  • 2003 Land Rover Range Rover See my review of the 2005 Ford Explorer a little while ago. It replaced this `03 Rover, which was a total LEMON. Every other month, a tranny, electrical, or self-leveling suspension problem. Warranty expired so I ditched it.
  • 2005 Ford Explorer I've had three Explorers (1998, 2000, and this 2005) and three Range Rovers (1999, 2000, and 2003). All Rovers have sucked reliability-wise, and the Explorers have been more reliable - plus the 2005 Explorer incorporates a lot of RR features except is more reliable. Sure, the Rover is a Rover with all its panache' but once you get past that status symbol phase in your life, the Explorer is your steady companion.
  • 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier I have a 2002 with 130,000 miles. The interior dash is cracked all over. I was told this is a common problem for this year. I seem to be replacing the rear brakes an awful lot. The water pump was replaced at about 90,000. And I've replaced the fuel pump twice. Amazingly, though, the original battery lasted 7 years. Compared to other cars I've owned I would say at 130,000 miles it's done great.
  • 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T I enjoy my Nitro but after being spoiled by my PT cruiser (with all of its electrical outlets); I definitely miss this feature with the Nitro plus it could be better on gas mileage.
  • 2006 Ford Explorer Bought my 2006 explorer 6 months ago 37000 miles on it.The engine hesitates at 55 MPH and I hear a buzzing noise when engine shifts,possibly a loose heatshield.Replaced spark plugs also PCV valve which is heated (5hrs to change PVC)No check engine light so tech.can,t fix. NO MORE FORDS
  • 2000 Volkswagen Golf 2000 VW Golf, TDI - July 2009, 211K miles and going but not without some issues. Low ratings on Electrical & Lights due to the cracked headlight connector and the constant need to replace the headlight bulbs probably due to overheating. Low rating on A/C due to the fact that I haven't had A/C for the past 5-years and don't have the cash to get it fixed. Love the MPG, I average 51 miles per gallon and get over 775 miles per tank. Replacing the timing belt and associated hardware every 60K miles is a 6-8 hour job in the home garage and saves around $1,100 each time but worth the trouble to save the cash. Don't try this unless you have the talent and the tools, it's not like changing a fan belt! The car drives great, pulls strong and loves the hills and highways. It wants a 6th gear real bad. Around town it drives like a slot car, quick, peppy and agile. I'd buy another.
  • 2006 Hyundai Tucson I like my Tuscon, plenty of room, comfortable ride, just wish it wasn't 4 wheel drive so i'd get better mpg.
  • 2001 GMC Jimmy ok truck
  • 2002 Ford Windstar i have 155675 miles and have replaced transmission 2 times. 2nd time was due to the fact the 1st time was not done correctly. oil is changed every 5000 miles using synthetic oil and fram 7000 mile oil filter. obviously things have had to be replaced with so much mileage but as far as i am concerned this van is great and i will buy another windstar.
  • 1996 Honda Accord well i'm sorry i bought a lemon, my honda has broken down every where, from small items to power windows, locks wiper motors radio, ac and more...
  • 1994 Lexus SC400 I love my car.
  • 2000 Ford Explorer Bought the 2000 Explorer with 75,000 miles in '05 (was formerly a Company vehicle). I have 250,000 miles on it now. I have replaced the following ONE TIME - spark plugs and wires, fuel filter, upper and lower intake gaskets, belt, thermostat, mass air flow sensor, a few miscellaneous valves and hoses, rear end racers and bearings, front wheel bearings, internal timing cassette, lower ball joints, front driverside window motor, and actuators. I stripped the radio and speakers and put my own in because I wanted to. Keeping in mind of course this is in addition to regular maintenance (air filters, oil changes, brakes, and tires). Not bad for 40,000 miles a year - 90% highway. In my opinion at least.
  • 2002 Dodge Durango Electrical problems with the windows and doors have plagued this SUV. Transmission went out earlier than expected 70K miles.
  • 2003 Volkswagen Jetta love the T.D.I. but it's too low in the front. It catches on curbs.
  • 2001 Lincoln LS Great car, a little small for a big guy, and like all Ford vehicles very sensitive to fuel types(intake ping).
  • 2001 Mazda MPV good car for trips with the famly